[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Favorite and worst knick momets!
Author Thread
Starks3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #211
USA
3/18/2002  6:28 PM
My favorite Knicks moment has to be the 99 playoffs, game 5-the houston shot. There are many reasons why it is my favorite, first off its cause I moved from NY to Miami about 10 years ago and I hate all of there fans. Second I was at the game, third, all year long I had to hear from everyone how good the Heat were and how it was not a fluke that the knicks lost the year before in the playoffs. There are many more but the feeling I had that day to be there was pure amazment. I was also at the game in which they were down by 20 that season and they came back and won in miami, and it was the first game for the Big L sighn. Just to celebrate in all of those damm heat fans faces was great, and I got to do 2 more times after that on there floor in consecutive years after 99 where the knicks won the last game of the series. Damm i get goosebumps just thinking about it.
And my worst knicks moments has to be this season, Its just really hard for me to take the losing. Even though i want the knicks to get a high draft pick I still cheer for them to win. I am too big of a Knicks fan not too. Say what u want, but deep inside all of you want to see them win. Oh well
Oh yea how can I forget, The starks game. Thats all to say about that.
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AUTOADVERT
Starks3
USA
3/18/2002  6:32 PM
Opps just realized I spelt moments wrong on the topic.
sorry
BernardKing030
Member: #225
USA
3/18/2002  6:39 PM
oooh....this is hard as hell. Not the favorite moment..that's easy. As my favorite player, LJ's 4-point play has to be my favorite, just cuz no one could see that coming. It was great...and whenever they show that clip, the shot of the crowd all jumping at one gives me goosebumps. A close second is game 7 of 94 eastern conference finals, when Ewing dunked back Stark's miss to send the Knicks to the finals. I was there... the energy in the Garden was incredible. It felt like the building was going to collapse, and yelling Reggie Sucks while walking out the door was FANtastic! lol

My worst moment though, has to be Game 6 of the 94 Finals...to me, this was worse than Stark's performance in Game 7, because this one they really had a chance to win. Starks was on fire the whole fourth quarter, bringing the Knicks right back into the game. With the game on the line and Knicks leading the series 3-2, down by two, with the ball in stark's hands....I knew our odds couldn't be any better. But Starks decides not for overtime, but for the juggular...He goes for the three, he was in a zone...no way he would miss...but Olajowan steps out and blocks the shot...game over...series pretty much over. My heart sank down to my feet after that. Way more depressing than the "fingeroll" or anything else...just cuz it almost happened...we were so close to having that Knick parade.
I am the King, and I will RULE you!
Starks3
USA
3/18/2002  8:03 PM
oooh....this is hard as hell. Not the favorite moment..that's easy. As my favorite player, LJ's 4-point play has to be my favorite, just cuz no one could see that coming. It was great...and whenever they show that clip, the shot of the crowd all jumping at one gives me goosebumps. A close second is game 7 of 94 eastern conference finals, when Ewing dunked back Stark's miss to send the Knicks to the finals. I was there... the energy in the Garden was incredible. It felt like the building was going to collapse, and yelling Reggie Sucks while walking out the door was FANtastic! lol
My worst moment though, has to be Game 6 of the 94 Finals...to me, this was worse than Stark's performance in Game 7, because this one they really had a chance to win. Starks was on fire the whole fourth quarter, bringing the Knicks right back into the game. With the game on the line and Knicks leading the series 3-2, down by two, with the ball in stark's hands....I knew our odds couldn't be any better. But Starks decides not for overtime, but for the juggular...He goes for the three, he was in a zone...no way he would miss...but Olajowan steps out and blocks the shot...game over...series pretty much over. My heart sank down to my feet after that. Way more depressing than the "fingeroll" or anything else...just cuz it almost happened...we were so close to having that Knick parade.

Yea, well we get to celebrate that parade soon enough......WITH THE METS!!!!
LETS GO METS
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/18/2002  9:15 PM
Fav. Knick moment is clearly the LJ 4-point play. That was classic.
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/18/2002  9:38 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Fav. Knick moment is clearly the LJ 4-point play. That was classic.
same.
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
3/19/2002  1:20 AM
My favorite Knick moment... Ewing dunking home the Starks miss to send them to the finals, and then the scorer's table spread-eagle stance. It was the first time that I had seen him truly embrace New York... what a feeling.

My worst Knick moment... 1997, Miami, game 5. Rat Riley realized he couldn't beat us fairly, so he dispatched one of his goons to take out the whole team. I was 16 at the time, and I can still remember crying my eyes out when I heard the news the next day that 5 Knicks were suspended.

Off that... does anyone remember that pump-up video management made for the non-suspended Knicks in game 6? "Nine men... one mission"
BernardKing030
Member: #225
USA
3/19/2002  1:46 AM
I remember it...nice video...butanother game where Starks almost won it by himself, but came short once again. Another problem from that gmae though, was Oakley...tried to do too much in the 4th quarter. He took (and missed) about four shots in a row at one point towards the end. Can't blame him though, he wanted it bad.
I am the King, and I will RULE you!
VG
Member: #68
Australia
3/19/2002  3:08 AM
Posted by BernardKing030:

I couldn't agree with you more. I knew it was over after that...
Favorite and worst knick momets!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy