Dumb & Dumber
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/26/2005  1:20 AM
Bull.

Layden (and Checketts and Grunfeld) are the ones that put this team so far over the cap. Isiah was tasked with rebuilding while making the playoffs at the same time. If you want to say he is stupid for taking, what, $5 mil per year to attempt the job, OK. But it's too early to lump Isiah with Layden after one year.

This team COULD be much improved in two years.
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
2/26/2005  1:52 AM
Posted by Rich:

Bull.

Layden (and Checketts and Grunfeld) are the ones that put this team so far over the cap. Isiah was tasked with rebuilding while making the playoffs at the same time. If you want to say he is stupid for taking, what, $5 mil per year to attempt the job, OK. But it's too early to lump Isiah with Layden after one year.

Bull.

I don't care what Layden did or didn't do. Every business-person coming in to a new environment has sh-it to deal with. The question is how you deal with that and make improvements.

Just look at what Isiah has done. This guy doesn't know WTF he's doing. When you do business, you look at the "what's so" and where you want to be, your goal. You look at the gap, then start by creating a long-term & short-term strategy. A vision & strategy of how you develop your business. Then you need to fully commit to that vision and allign yourself (organization) accordingly. Every move you make from then on has to be consistent with the vision. It's ok to take a step backwards if that helps you go forward in the long-run. But you can't sway from right to left and contradict yourself.

Isiah has no clue. His record speaks for itself. Like someone said, yes, he's a used car salesman at best.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/26/2005  2:43 AM
Posted by SKY:
Posted by Rich:

Bull.

Bull.

I don't care what Layden did or didn't do. Every business-person coming in to a new environment has sh-it to deal with. The question is how you deal with that and make improvements.

Just look at what Isiah has done. This guy doesn't know WTF he's doing. When you do business, you look at the "what's so" and where you want to be, your goal. You look at the gap, then start by creating a long-term & short-term strategy. A vision & strategy of how you develop your business. Then you need to fully commit to that vision and allign yourself (organization) accordingly. Every move you make from then on has to be consistent with the vision. It's ok to take a step backwards if that helps you go forward in the long-run. But you can't sway from right to left and contradict yourself.

Isiah has no clue. His record speaks for itself. Like someone said, yes, he's a used car salesman at best.

You can't judge anyone after one year one the job with a horrible cap situation.

What if he somehow is able to draft Bogut? It's unlikely, I admit, but it's possible.

What if he somehow turns TT's and Penny's contracts into an impact player in their prime?

Suddenly, the pieces he has: Marbury, Ariza, Sweetney, and Crawford look a whole lot better.

I'm not saying Isiah has done a good job. But right now, he still gets an incomplete.

btw, Unlike Layden, he didn't trade Camby and Nene or Wilcox or Amare for a broken down McDyess. That trade killed this franchise. Isiah hasn't had a failure of comparable proportions.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
2/26/2005  3:10 AM
Wow.

Knickland is in termoil once again. It always seems like we take 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. Clearly the recent moves are pretty hard to swallow because at least the houston trade makes no sense.

The Isiah show is getting old now, messing with our frontcourt like that isnt going to win him any new fans. Why would you trade "Key to the deal Nazr"??? I understand he got 2 1st round picks, but they are lousy picks, I understand he has an eye for talent - but still. Tank 2005, win Bogut - keep Nazr. That was a plan that would have had an impact. But I can live with this.

Houston - adding the contract of Mo makes no sense. I think we all can see that. Sure maybe he will get some minutes but the argument for this trade being worth it is a STRETCH. I dont get it. If you are a GM you should be making smart educated moves. To me it seems like someone wasnt thinking when this was done. Why throw in the 2nd round pick? If you decide youth is the way to go then keep the pick and dont bother getting Mo Taylor.

I seriously dont get it and it is starting to frustrate the hell out of me. I see a roster that had the talent to win players like VC, TMac, Webber, and possibly Shaq. Call me crazy but if nobody is untouchable - Marbury + TT + KT + whomever could have gotten us any one of those players. Then you build around them. Who is this team being built around? Marbury? He needs a big man to play with and all we have is 20 6'9 PF's.

I'll still be a fan, I will still watch, and I will keep hoping things get better - and hopefully someday there will be a real team that we can all be proud of.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
NineMike2Whiskey
Member: #732
2/26/2005  4:11 AM
I think it should be Dumb and If he keeps this WTF moves for the next season definitely Dumber. I'm still giving IT until the draft before I'll start chanting fire Thomas.
SKY
Member: #687
USA
2/26/2005  7:37 AM
Hey, I'm not starting a "Fire isiah" chants yet.

Like you say, I'm looking forward to the draft/summer. I wanna see what Isiah does with the picks. Will he trade up? Who will he draft? What will he do in the summer to improve the roster? Whatever he does, it will be very interesting.

But so far, he's not been a smart GM at all... he's inconsistent and has made a few dubm moves. You can't argue that.
Layden & Isiah

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy