[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Favorite Knicks
Author Thread
BernardKing030
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #225
USA
3/18/2002  6:02 PM
Just wondering...but who is your favorite Knick player ever, and who got you the most hyped when they did something good?

I know I shouldn't have a tie but I do: My two favorite Knicks were Bernard King and LJ. Bernard cu he was awesome to watch on the offensive end, and LJ just cuz he used to be Grandmama and you always knew she was still alive somewhere in there...and the 4point-play...unbelievable...how is that not in the NBA's Greatest Finishes book?

Now for the person who I got most hyped for, that would be Derek Harper. In those 3 years, he gave us a lot of thrills with crunch time defense and huge buckets. If any of you have the heart to watch a tape of Game 7 1995 Eastern Semis (the Ewing fingeroll game), Derek brought the Knicks back from 15 down all by himself...it was an awesome show. And was there anything more exciting than hearing... Three-pointer, Derek HARper!!!! That was,by far, the PA announcer's best name call.

[Edited by - bernardking030 on 03/18/2002 18:17:47]
I am the King, and I will RULE you!
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/18/2002  6:10 PM
Patrick Ewing's my all-time favorite because when i was growing up and starting to follow basketball and the Knicks, Ewing was the first player i ever knew, maybe even before Jordan(no kidding). I still get hyped up when Sprewell does something good because he is the heart and sole of the team. My favorite play of all-time was LJ's four point play because that was just unbelieveable.
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
3/18/2002  6:14 PM
My favorite Knick of all time had to be Starks. I dont know what about him I liked, I think it was everythign, his heart, his passion for NY, his 3's,everything. I even forgive him, even though its hard, for his 94 finals game 7 performace. I wish the Knicks still had him, and I know he was in the spree trade, but still Starks repersented everyhting the Knicks were the early ninties, with that team of starks, harper, mason, ewing, smith, anthony,and when they had Bonner and The x-man. Man where they brutal.
One of these days people will fear the knicks again, just not soon enough for me.
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/18/2002  6:16 PM
Favorite Knick of all-time has to be Walt "Clyde" Frazier, in the games I have seen him play (via video tape or NBA.com TV), he was pretty damn good. Ewing was my favorite Knick of my lifetime because he was who I associated with growing up, not Jordan, not Malone, not any of those superstars but Ewing. Best play ever was the Houston's running lay up against the Heat with LJ a very close second. I was with Miami fans so trash talk was back and forth the whole day and when Houston hit that shot it was just nirvana, I almost cried. Worst Knick Moment -- The fingerroll. That's all I need to say.
#Knickstaps
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/18/2002  6:59 PM
Hmm, well I don't agree with all your posts bk30 but Bernard King was the best knick ever.

honarable mentioning

Willis Reed
Earl Monroe
Larry Johnson
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
3/18/2002  8:05 PM
Just wondering...but who is your favorite Knick player ever, and who got you the most hyped when they did something good?
I know I shouldn't have a tie but I do: My two favorite Knicks were Bernard King and LJ. Bernard cu he was awesome to watch on the offensive end, and LJ just cuz he used to be Grandmama and you always knew she was still alive somewhere in there...and the 4point-play...unbelievable...how is that not in the NBA's Greatest Finishes book?

Now for the person who I got most hyped for, that would be Derek Harper. In those 3 years, he gave us a lot of thrills with crunch time defense and huge buckets. If any of you have the heart to watch a tape of Game 7 1995 Eastern Semis (the Ewing fingeroll game), Derek brought the Knicks back from 15 down all by himself...it was an awesome show. And was there anything more exciting than hearing... Three-pointer, Derek HARper!!!! That was,by far, the PA announcer's best name call.
Hmm, well I don't agree with all your posts bk30 but Bernard King was the best knick ever.
honarable mentioning

Willis Reed
Earl Monroe
Larry Johnson
L.J this L.J that, wasent everyone calling for this guys head during the offseason?
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
3/18/2002  8:21 PM
No one has more heart than Ewing...Ewing is an inspiration
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/18/2002  9:13 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

No one has more heart than Ewing...Ewing is an inspiration
Well said.
HoustonIsSoft
Member: #219
3/18/2002  11:32 PM
I have to throw Charles Oakley's name to the mix. The guy had heart and toughness to go with it. I totally agree with Ewing and Starks. I was never the biggest LJ fan, but I can see how people would really like him. If I was around in the 70's, I'm sure Walt would probably be my all time favorite.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/18/2002  11:41 PM
Ha, I wasn't around in the 70s, I'm only 16, but I love "Clyde", he's a fantastic announcer and I just love his personality. Ewing was the man though.
#Knickstaps
ScooterSLP
Member: #198
USA
3/19/2002  1:08 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

Patrick Ewing's my all-time favorite because when i was growing up and starting to follow basketball and the Knicks, Ewing was the first player i ever knew, maybe even before Jordan(no kidding). I still get hyped up when Sprewell does something good because he is the heart and sole of the team. My favorite play of all-time was LJ's four point play because that was just unbelieveable.

I'm the same way. I'm 21 years old, so my first Knick memory is the 1985 draft lottery, with Debuschere pounding the table in excitement when Indiana was announced as the #2 pick (the VHS I have of that day is still great to watch)... Ewing will always be my favorite Knick. Two plays stand out... that thunderous follow-up dunk that put the Knicks into the finals in 1994, and then him jumping on the scorer's table, arms out to the fans.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
3/19/2002  3:33 AM
Patrick Ewing is one of the most inspirational player to have ever played the game. The guy was often injured but unlike a Marcus Camby would be on the court giving his heart out...
knicksbabyyeah
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/19/2002  4:47 AM
Starks3, nope I've always been a fan of Grandma. I was ecstatic when he became a Knick and sad the way he was treated by NYK management.
sandiegoknick
Member: #57
USA
3/19/2002  10:46 AM
My favorite Knicks would be a tie between Bernard King and Patrick Ewing. I loved to watch both of them play. I loved to see Bernard with his fingers taped up and his turn around jumper. I think he should have been one of the 50 greatest payers.

I followed Ewing back in his Georgetown days and he was my favorite college player back then. If you get a chance you need to watch NBA.com tv when they showed Ewing in the early 90s. I forgot how great he was back then. He was quick and agile.

I would have to give an honorable mention to Michael "Sugar" Ray Richardson. If you are old enough or saw "Whatever happened to Michael Ray" on TBS, you will know how good he was even though he was not a knick for long.

The persons who I got most hyped for would be a tie with John Starks and Latrell Spreewell. Both of those guys brought and bring excitement to the garden.

My greatest Knick moment had to be Houston's game winning shot against Miami. I know People will mention Willis Reed in game 7 and LJ's four point play. But if you saw that game when Houston made that shot, it was pure enjoyment. I hated (and still hate) the heat so much. I could not stand Zo, Haradaway, and Mashburn. They were a bunch of cry babies. Whatever people may say about Houston, I will always remeber that shot and him going into to camera and throwing that punch (especially because it was in Miami).

This was probably one of best questions of this forum.
Marvin "The Human Eraser" Webster
john44
Member: #115
USA
3/19/2002  11:54 AM
I think my favorite knick is starks. that guy is what a true basketball player is he gave his all every single game. he got more out of his athletic ability than almost any player ever. No matter how much bigger or better hsi opponent was he thought he was better than them and he didnt back down. And "The Dunk" is still my favorite play off all time.
Also an underrated knick was Mason. He was one of the toughest players ive ever seen. i liked his energy alot and he always took the hardest defensive assingments.
Matt
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/19/2002  12:13 PM
Posted by john44:

I think my favorite knick is starks. that guy is what a true basketball player is he gave his all every single game. he got more out of his athletic ability than almost any player ever. No matter how much bigger or better hsi opponent was he thought he was better than them and he didnt back down. And "The Dunk" is still my favorite play off all time.
Also an underrated knick was Mason. He was one of the toughest players ive ever seen. i liked his energy alot and he always took the hardest defensive assingments.
Starks was mine until he b!tched out in the playoffs versus indiana one year and brought his golf clubs on a road game that the knicks were facing elimination in, showed that he conceeded defeat. it showed he had no heart and after that, he got traded. I was happy he was dealt, b/c i was pissed at how he gave up on the knicks after playing so hard for so long.
nyknyg
Member: #77
USA
3/19/2002  5:40 PM
Grandmamashould be Camby's nickname
NyC, LeS NyG, NyK
Favorite Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy