[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah, if you are going to do something do it all the way
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/24/2005  8:28 PM
last post on the subject. this is not a smart businessman, this is a used car salesman who was a great basketball player who loves the spotlight.

Pick a position and stick with it. the last thing Knick fans wanted to see our roster filled with undersized PF AGAIBN! and UNKOWN battle plan going forward.

Last year, I wouldnt do this trade if nazr wasnt included

were not going to commit sins of the past here

this really stinks as a fan, you see a ray of light and in two minutes it closes right back up.

what can you say, the only thing I can hope for are losses and luck, the worst thing is this guy seems to have a little bit of raciscm behind him, and I have this feeling he would draft a white C or a white F, even with that utter crap about van horn 10 years ago. maybe im just pissed but i get that sense. i get the sense that he would bypass bogut even if he is ranked 1st by everyone else.

Mo Taylor? i still dont get it.

and one last thing stop blaming laydumb---this has gone WAY past laydumb now, this has been turned over and over with no direction or plan!

New York Knicks ALL BORE
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/24/2005  8:29 PM
there's enough threads already on the trades
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
2/24/2005  8:32 PM
wow....i can remember playa saying the same thing
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/24/2005  8:34 PM
I don't understand the Mo Taylor stuff either.

The one thing that we do know is that Nazr and Tim Thomas didn't exactly pan out in New York.

So far we traded Van Horn, Doleac and a second rounder for Tim Thomas and two first rounders (one of which will be used to complete the Marbury trade). Can't say I'm crazy about the result when I think about the big picture. At least we got something for Nazr, though. That I am, happy about.

The Mo Taylor part makes me want to puke, though.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/24/2005  8:37 PM
We traded Van Horn indirectly for two 1st rounders (Van Horn --> Nazy --> 2 1st rounders) and Doleac and a 2nd rounder for TT. Which part is not good?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/24/2005  8:37 PM
Posted by Solace:

So far we traded Van Horn, Doleac and a second rounder for Tim Thomas and two first rounders (one of which will be used to complete the Marbury trade).

Uh...what? We can't just pick and choose which pick Phoenix gets. They're getting the NYK 2006 pick, that's final. The only good thing is the pick is top 10 protected until like 2010. But there's no way Phoenix would accept San Antonio's pick instead of our own. That's crazy, and it's not even legal.
¿ △ ?
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/24/2005  8:41 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Solace:

So far we traded Van Horn, Doleac and a second rounder for Tim Thomas and two first rounders (one of which will be used to complete the Marbury trade).

Uh...what? We can't just pick and choose which pick Phoenix gets. They're getting the NYK 2006 pick, that's final. The only good thing is the pick is top 10 protected until like 2010. But there's no way Phoenix would accept San Antonio's pick instead of our own. That's crazy, and it's not even legal.

Are you sure? I remember when the Grizzlies traded Othella Harrington to the Knicks for the #27 pick (which we got in the Ewing trade) just to complete another trade, so they wouldn't have to use their lottery pick. I think if we have multiple picks in a season, we get to choose which pick to give them, when it's under the restriction of "future pick". If I'm wrong and someone has a solid basis for saying so, please let me know.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/24/2005  8:52 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Solace:

Are you sure? I remember when the Grizzlies traded Othella Harrington to the Knicks for the #27 pick (which we got in the Ewing trade) just to complete another trade, so they wouldn't have to use their lottery pick. I think if we have multiple picks in a season, we get to choose which pick to give them, when it's under the restriction of "future pick". If I'm wrong and someone has a solid basis for saying so, please let me know.

I don't know for sure, honestly, but the pick has very specific restrictions on it and I doubt Phoenix would want to trade it for what will obviously be a worse pick (San). We'll see, I guess.
¿ △ ?
Isiah, if you are going to do something do it all the way

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy