[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What do you want from Sweetney?
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/24/2005  8:25 PM
If he starts and plays 30 mpg for the rest of the season, how well would he have to play for you to think that we're okay at PF and we should focus on other areas in the offseason? I think if he puts up 14/8 and plays solid defense as a starter, then PF is not an urgent need and we can focus more on other areas. (If you can get a STAR PF, it's still okay to do that and make Mike your sixth man.)

If Mike gets in a lot of foul trouble, is too out of shape to play 30 mpg, and struggles on defense, then PF is the top priority.
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/24/2005  8:33 PM
I think the obvious, gaping whole in the lineup now is at center. I'm hoping we can get Shelden Williams or Bogut in the draft.

Sweetney is a passable starter. Passable. I don't think we're going to win anything with Sweetney starting. If we get to the draft and there's a better PF available, we have to take it.

I can't believe we're suddenly back to Layden era: 5 PFs, not a single one of them over 6'9" and not a single one of them a starter on a good team. GAH!
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
USA
2/24/2005  8:35 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I think the obvious, gaping whole in the lineup now is at center. I'm hoping we can get Shelden Williams or Bogut in the draft.

Sweetney is a passable starter. Passable. I don't think we're going to win anything with Sweetney starting. If we get to the draft and there's a better PF available, we have to take it.

I can't believe we're suddenly back to Layden era: 5 PFs, not a single one of them over 6'9" and not a single one of them a starter on a good team. GAH!
Back to the Layden era would be giving up 3 draft picks rather than getting them. I have no problem with a couple of undersized PFs rotting on the IR or being the 11th/12th men. They were key rotation players on Layden's squads. It's a big difference
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/24/2005  8:37 PM
while gaining valuable playing experience i want sweetney to play the best backup role to malik rose
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/24/2005  8:41 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by crzymdups:

Back to the Layden era would be giving up 3 draft picks rather than getting them. I have no problem with a couple of undersized PFs rotting on the IR or being the 11th/12th men. They were key rotation players on Layden's squads. It's a big difference

Kurt and Sweetney aren't key rotation players? You think Malik and JYD aren't going to get 20 minutes a night from now til the end of the year? That sounds like key rotation players to me.

And I forgot to mention: NO CENTER! Tim Thomas is the tallest player on the team! Unless you want to count Bruno. Oh well, at least they'll get a good lotto pick.
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
USA
2/24/2005  9:57 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by crzymdups:

Kurt and Sweetney aren't key rotation players? You think Malik and JYD aren't going to get 20 minutes a night from now til the end of the year? That sounds like key rotation players to me.

And I forgot to mention: NO CENTER! Tim Thomas is the tallest player on the team! Unless you want to count Bruno. Oh well, at least they'll get a good lotto pick.
You were talking about guys under 6'9"; so I assumed you weren't talking about Kurt. That leaves ONE key rotation guy mentioned--Sweetney, whom I have no problem with.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/25/2005  1:57 AM
hmmm Kurt and Taylor are 6'9'' and taylor is a big body at 255lbs so you're wrong.

I don't think this trade will effect Sweetney's minutes all that much since now he'll be starting and getting Nazr's 28mins per game. While Taylor and Rose get Sweetney, Baker & Moochie's 30mins

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/25/2005 01:59:40]
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
2/25/2005  7:42 AM
Some observations:

We became the forward capital of the NBA.....again.

We shed players with smaller contracts and got bigger ones with longer expiration dates.......again

We took on contracts that noone else would........again

I really hope that Isiah can make some great picks or make a great
draft day move because if he doesnt he just dug us into a deeper hole.

I know we shouldnt worry about what Dolan has to pay for but I am worried about that long Knick tradition of playing someone according to their salary and not their skills.

I dont believe that they will eat Taylor and Rose's contract the way they ate Anderson's and Id like to know why some of you believe that that Taylor and Rose can be moved next season when noone else wanted them or their contracts.If Isiah can do it,great.

This trade might move the Knicks from the pathetic end of the dial back to mediocre where we cant get a high (1-4) draft pick if any next year.

Some people are assuming that this is good for Sweetney,Im not sure bringing in 2 high priced forwards accomplishes this,if anything it might make it harder for him.He will have less time to get into a rhythm before he is pulled in favor of the new guys.Yes we lose Baker but he wasnt getting any PT.These guys will.

If Isiah keeps taking on these bloated contracts,where will these picks find the PT?

I dont know guys,those picks better be special.

What do you want from Sweetney?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy