OT: KVH to Dallas
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/24/2005  2:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1998910

League sources tell ESPN.com that the Bucks beat the 3 p.m. ET Thursday trading deadline by agreeing to send Van Horn to Dallas for Calvin Booth, the expiring contract of Alan Henderson and minimal cash considerations.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
2/24/2005  2:37 PM
KVH and Mike James gone....Damn. The Bucks are tanking. Its going to be hard to stay below them in the standings.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
2/24/2005  2:39 PM
Wow, no team wants to keep Van Horn for more than a few months
Masterplan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #362
2/24/2005  2:39 PM
if you have nowitzki, there's no reason to get van horn, from a talent or chemistry perspective. well, both teams got what they wanted. milwaukee gets an expiring deal, dallas gets a talent upgrade.
Bonn1997
USA
2/24/2005  2:41 PM
Posted by Andrew:

KVH and Mike James gone....Damn. The Bucks are tanking. Its going to be hard to stay below them in the standings.
Is it tanking or will Booth and Henderson put up better numbers than Van Horn?
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/24/2005  2:43 PM
Oh please, Bonn. The Bucks were very weak at center and they wanted the extra cap room so there's no issue with resigning Redd.

As for the Mavs, Keith is going to play backup. He probably won't get more than 15-20 mpg, but he has a shot at a championship. I'm happy for him. He never wanted to be on that Milwaukee team.
Bonn1997
USA
2/24/2005  2:47 PM
Posted by Solace:

Oh please, Bonn. The Bucks were very weak at center and they wanted the extra cap room so there's no issue with resigning Redd.
I'd agree with all of that. What's your point? That cap room is more appealing than Van Horn? I'd have to agree with you again.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/24/2005  2:54 PM
I've always liked Van Horn as a player. I hated how he dissapears in the 4th quarter, but I thought he played well for us overall... On to the situation at hand, I kinda like it for him. In Milwaukee, he was expected to be a big time 2nd option or something when we all know he needs to be spoon fed. However, in Dallas, there's almost no pressure on him, b/c he's playing with so many higher options. There are very expectations placed on him. He can just go out and do whatever, and if he comes off the bench scoring 10 a game, then that's fine.

With that being said, I don't see the point in the Mavs doing this. I guess this relieves them of a couple of bad contracts, while Van Horns expires next year?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
2/24/2005  3:20 PM
Wow even more trades

Antonie Walker back to the Celtics for Payton and others

Baron Davis to Golden State!

this was a busy deadline
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Solace
USA
2/24/2005  8:29 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:

I'd agree with all of that. What's your point? That cap room is more appealing than Van Horn? I'd have to agree with you again.

Milwaukee doesn't have Redd's bird rights. So, they choose Booth and Redd over Keith Van Horn. I think that's reasonable. Keith Van Horn was very valuable to the Mavs, which is why they gave up expiring deals and a good backup center for him. What's the problem?
Bonn1997
USA
2/24/2005  8:33 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:

Milwaukee doesn't have Redd's bird rights. So, they choose Booth and Redd over Keith Van Horn. I think that's reasonable. Keith Van Horn was very valuable to the Mavs, which is why they gave up expiring deals and a good backup center for him. What's the problem?
What's the problem? I have no idea. I agreed with you.
This is Redd's FIFTH year with Milwaukee. How could they not have his Bird rights.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/michael_redd/index.html
Solace
USA
2/24/2005  8:35 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:

This is Redd's FIFTH year with Milwaukee. How could they not have his Bird rights.

That's what David Aldridge just said on TNT. I don't know why they don't have his bird rights, but that's what he said.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/24/2005  9:47 PM
perfect fit for dallas...........next stop, hot 'lanta
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bonn1997
USA
2/24/2005  10:02 PM
Posted by Bobby:

perfect fit for dallas...........next stop, hot 'lanta
I was wondering how long until he gets traded again. I wouldn't be surprised if DAllas traded his expiring contract at some point next year. That would be his fifth team in about 2 1/2 years. That sucks for his family
Masterplan
Member: #362
2/24/2005  10:34 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Bonn1997:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Solace:

quote:
Originally posted by Bonn1997:

quote:
Originally posted by Solace:

That's what David Aldridge just said on TNT. I don't know why they don't have his bird rights, but that's what he said.

Redd was a second round pick. not sure exactly what kind of contracts he got, but i remember he was a restricted free agent a few years ago, signed with dallas and milwaukee matched. now he'll be unrestricted. it's true, everyone's saying he'll be unrestricted.
Bonn1997
USA
2/24/2005  10:45 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they lost Redd to the Cavs anyway
OT: KVH to Dallas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy