[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kurt Thomas is Crazy!
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/17/2002  9:35 PM
The Knicks lost to cleveland tonight, but KT put up 33 points and grabbed 15 boards. Damn is he playing well. If only all the Knicks could put it together at once.
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/17/2002  11:53 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

The Knicks lost to cleveland tonight, but KT put up 33 points and grabbed 15 boards. Damn is he playing well. If only all the Knicks could put it together at once.
That loss was on purpose. See Spoon miss those shots (free throws)? The game was tossed (because it was not at the Garden). We need to win games at the Garden to keep the fans coming back. KT and Spree might get traded this summer if they keep playing this nice.
Caseloads
3/17/2002  11:57 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Knixkik:

That loss was on purpose. See Spoon miss those shots (free throws)? The game was tossed (because it was not at the Garden). We need to win games at the Garden to keep the fans coming back. KT and Spree might get traded this summer if they keep playing this nice.
We'd need to trade KT and Anderson (gets rid of a long contract) for a Tim Thomas and Center Ervin Johnson from Milwaukee.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
3/18/2002  12:25 AM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Knixkik:

We'd need to trade KT and Anderson (gets rid of a long contract) for a Tim Thomas and Center Ervin Johnson from Milwaukee.

Milwaukee wouldn't trade Ervin Johnson away that easily. I believe he is their captain and George Karl loves him...
Caseloads
3/18/2002  2:56 AM
Posted by VG:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Knixkik:

Milwaukee wouldn't trade Ervin Johnson away that easily. I believe he is their captain and George Karl loves him...
he'd love KT and Anderson's defense more.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/18/2002  3:27 PM
That would be a decent trade. If not we can take Pryzbilla instead of Johnson.
Caseloads
3/18/2002  3:52 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

That would be a decent trade. If not we can take Pryzbilla instead of Johnson.
yeah, that's a good trade.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
3/18/2002  4:01 PM
Yeah, Kurt is playing like a wild man these days! This is the kind of play we expected at the start of the season when we found he would be the starting power forward. Maybe he just needed time to adjust to his new role.

The way he has been filling it up lately, I hope we can get more than TT and Pryzwhatever for him. If we package him and Spree, we could get something very nice in return. I look forward to seeing such a deal go down in the summer.

This is Layden's chance to shine. He can turn it all around with a good draft and a great deal or two.
We suck.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
3/18/2002  6:06 PM
Thomas is young, cheap, and pretty big - instead of constantly trading, why dont we just keep KT and get a superstar in the draft or via trade. then KT can be even more effective.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/18/2002  6:57 PM
Of course we could keep KT, but his rising stock has given management the oppertunity to trade away long high contracts without getting absolute garbage in return.

If we didn't have 8 guards, no SF, no starting center, oldest avg player in the league and the shortest avg player in the league we wouldn't have to resort to extreme measures.

If NYK management is smart they'll use any player in demend to solve problems with those players that are not in demend.

Couple KT with Eisley or Ward for instance.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/18/2002  7:13 PM
Thomas is the best overall player on the Knicks. He plays power forward/center, a position which we need, can score, can rebound, can defend, and is cheap. Why are we all, as soon as he is playing well, demanding that he be traded with our heart and soul for Tim Thomas, a career 6th man, Joel Przybilla, JOEL PRYZBILLA?!, come on, and Ervin Johnson, a center who really hasn't done a whole lot? Why in the world would we want that? A Spree/Thomas combo should get us a ton more then that, and if it doesn't, we shouldn't rush out and trade them.
#Knickstaps
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
3/18/2002  7:21 PM
I think this whole theory of the Knicks blowing games is ludicrous. They've played like this all year and what can we expect from 'Spoon, he's one of Layden genious pickups. I'd rather have Theresa to play point guard then the fat bum.
#Knickstaps
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
3/18/2002  7:59 PM
I think this whole theory of the Knicks blowing games is ludicrous. They've played like this all year and what can we expect from 'Spoon, he's one of Layden genious pickups. I'd rather have Theresa to play point guard then the fat bum.
I know its alomst as ridiculous as people saying that the Knicks will draft Ming cause the draft will get fixed.
All of these therois are just not true. The knicks will not throw games and the draft will not get fixed.
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VG
Member: #68
Australia
3/19/2002  3:46 AM
Posted by Starks3:
I know its alomst as ridiculous as people saying that the Knicks will draft Ming cause the draft will get fixed.
All of these therois are just not true. The knicks will not throw games and the draft will not get fixed.

I think the NBA Draft can get fixed. You can't tell me that Wizards won the lottery by accident last year and that the Knicks in 85' were just lucky.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/19/2002  4:52 AM
Indeed, or Rod Thorn leaves the NBA organisation to go and work for the Gnats and gets rewarded with a #1 pick by Stern.

Don't think we'll get a #1 this year though, would be far to obvious.
Caseloads
3/19/2002  8:36 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Indeed, or Rod Thorn leaves the NBA organisation to go and work for the Gnats and gets rewarded with a #1 pick by Stern.

Don't think we'll get a #1 this year though, would be far to obvious.
right, we'd get 2 or 3 this year. next year we'd get #1.
Kurt Thomas is Crazy!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy