Chris Webber Trade?!
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/24/2005  11:54 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Isiah has lost his magic. How in the world is he going to pass on this deal??? Webb is amongst the best big men in this game, and now Iverson has another opportunity to prove that he is a much better player than Marburry....First it was the lost of Sheed, second Dampier, third Carter, and now Webb. When will enough be enough for the Knicks??? after all, Philly only gave three no names to get Webb, that is clearly less than what the Knicks could have offered to get Webb..........

Oh Isiah! Please do something....

We must listen to cries for help!

Dido, your a true Starphucher! While Damp would have helped, the amount you have to pay is somting Isiah is not willing to do. He might even regret the Marbury move given its results.

We will obtain quality players the right way from now on! Not moves born from despairation and fear, but from the draft, quality trades, and prudent use of finance. Long gone will be the starphuchers whom whine and lust for past prime players with bloated contracts!

Dolan is not my favorite, but he (and us fans for that matter)not only has a 103million dollar roster with what might be the worst win per dollar in all of sports, but has to pay a 53 million dollar tax in top of that! $156,000,000 is a lot of freaking money!

This maddness is no way to run a franchise, and if the team is ever to be sold (be careful what we wish for!), it must be done with some sanity on the books!
AUTOADVERT
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
2/24/2005  12:10 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Where does Glenn robinson fit in all this? Will Glen be traded for another player?

This is interesting.....
Glenn Robinson has been traded to the Hornets for Jamal Mashburn and Rodney Rodgers
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
2/24/2005  12:17 PM
Look at it this way -

If CWebb and Iverson can be looked at as an elite combo - why wouldnt Marbury and CWebb be the same? Especially since Crawford and some other decent players would still be on the roster. They gave up NOTHING for CWebb. We could have shipped TT out and KT and probably gotten him.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/24/2005  12:19 PM
Posted by NYK3:
Posted by EnySpree:

Where does Glenn robinson fit in all this? Will Glen be traded for another player?

This is interesting.....
Glenn Robinson has been traded to the Hornets for Jamal Mashburn and Rodney Rodgers

Mash is hurt but could come back if he knew he could pace himself.....Mash might reconsider retirement talks if he could play with Webber and Iverson....

Rogers is a soldier.....he will do what philly wants. He can play all over the court. He'll guard the big guys and step out and knock down big shots.....

Awesome!!!! Go get em Billy King!!!

[Edited by - enyspree on 02/24/2005 12:29:22]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
USA
2/24/2005  12:31 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

Look at it this way -

If CWebb and Iverson can be looked at as an elite combo - why wouldnt Marbury and CWebb be the same? Especially since Crawford and some other decent players would still be on the roster. They gave up NOTHING for CWebb. We could have shipped TT out and KT and probably gotten him.

Sac wanted TT? KT is a good fit on Sac? Kenny Thomas is not that bad a player. Somtimes getting away form Iverson is good for career.

Somtimes a team like Sac wins by subtractions, and is getting some nice role players. If Webber broke down, its even worse on our team!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2005  12:52 PM
I'm hoping the reason Isiah didnt send Penny+KT for Webber was just the timing. CWebb and Marbury would be sick in a pick and roll, and just might lead us to a 38 win total, the WORST thing that could happen to us. We need a high draft pick.. the difference between 5th and 12th is like Duane Wade and Nick Collison.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
2/24/2005  12:52 PM
Im listening to the FAN right now and Mad Dog likes the Webber trade but if the Knicks did it he would be killing them
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/24/2005  12:55 PM
Posted by Knickss208:

I just saw a potnetial trade where Webber goes to the Knicks on NBA.COM. Is that for real? I cant even imagine how that would work, but man that would be amazing.
Just curious, what was the potential trade?
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/24/2005  1:04 PM
The only package the Knicks could put together to match the Philly one would be Kurt, Jerome and Sweetney. Philly gave them some solid, tough players. The trade is a HUGE risk for Philly, whereas keeping Webber was a HUGE risk for Sacto. With this trade, Sacto gets to keep Peja who was a legit MVP last season (when the Kings played almost the entire year without Webber, and then they played horribly when he came back). The trade gives them solid backups at every position. Watch Peja come out of his slump right quick. I bet he has 40 on Saturday when the Sixers play the Kings.

Yeah, Philly will have one good run, maybe two, but this trade doesn't make sense for the Knicks. If people here think the Knicks are one piece away they aren't watching the games closely enough. This would have been an awful trade for the Knicks. I thought people were sick of "star-phuching"? The best thing the Knicks can do lose, lose, lose, get a great draft pick and make an interesting trade this summer.

If getting Webber meant devaluing the draft pick from a top 6 pick to a number 16 pick, it wasn't worth it. Webber isn't Webber anymore, folks. He isn't. Why do people still like him? His sexy smile? Tyra? Does anyone really think Philly can beat Detroit now? Please.
¿ △ ?
OldFan
Member: #446
2/24/2005  1:07 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by OldFan:

I not convinced KT & TT is better then what they Sac got. TT is worth less then nothing.

What other packages would people have been willng to give up?

KT&TT trade is better. First off even if you don't like TT, he comes off your books in 06, second KT has more trade value than Kenny Thomas and Skinner. Corliss still has a lot of value but KT is younger and fits better in that style of play too. I believe now more than ever that Zeke just wants to build up from the draft, or get guys like a Kwame Brown or Curry but not at the sake up giving up picks for.
Nalod
USA
2/24/2005  1:31 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

Look at it this way -

Its a good question and I am sure Isiah thought long and hard about CWebb!

I think Marbs is a level below Iverson. AI is just on a different planet than any other player whom ever played at his height! He carries teams, and Marbs does not. Not hating on marbs, just gotta value AI as higher than Marbs.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/24/2005  1:32 PM
everyone that likes the philly deal today likes it b/c it's TODAY. come back to me next season or the season after that when webber still has 2 more years at $20mil/per.

just b/c the team is helped in the immediate future doesn't mean it's going to work out long term, especially with the risk involved. (look at marbury, AND HE'S HEALTHY) i don't care if the trade would've been JUST for kurt and tim. we're looking at a $60mil ticking time bomb...

petrie is not an idiot. he probably could've had a better offer but with his butt up against the deadline, he cut ties ASAP b/c he knows something is going to go down with webber.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 02/24/2005 13:33:08]
DefAndReb
Member: #336
2/24/2005  1:54 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Isiah has lost his magic.

If he stands pat until summer, it's the smartest thing he's done here so far.
How in the world is he going to pass on this deal??? Webb is amongst the best big men in this game,

He so is NOT! Wake up. He's over the hill. He's not going to get Philly past the second round, if they even make it there past Orlando or DC.
and now Iverson has another opportunity to prove that he is a much better player than Marburry

He doesn't need it. He always has been, and always will be, much MUCH better than Dinglebury.

....First it was the lost of Sheed, second Dampier, third Carter, and now Webb. When will enough be enough for the Knicks??? after all, Philly only gave three no names to get Webb, that is clearly less than what the Knicks could have offered to get Webb..........

Here's an idea. Go be a Philly fan. Stop being a Knicks fan, because you clearly don't know what's good for the organization. This team needs to suck really hard until the 07-08 season. That's when I hope to see an exiciting championship competitor. Philly's making a run at what? A second-round exit this year and a bunch of playtime for their bench next year when Webber goes down and stays down for good.

Yeah, cut payroll, horde picks, use the expiring contracts wisely OR let them expire. I don't expect to see a great Knicks team with any of the current players in the lineup.

2007-2008. Let's go!
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
2/24/2005  2:15 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:
Posted by diderotn:

Isiah has lost his magic.

If he stands pat until summer, it's the smartest thing he's done here so far.
How in the world is he going to pass on this deal??? Webb is amongst the best big men in this game,

He so is NOT! Wake up. He's over the hill. He's not going to get Philly past the second round, if they even make it there past Orlando or DC.
and now Iverson has another opportunity to prove that he is a much better player than Marburry

He doesn't need it. He always has been, and always will be, much MUCH better than Dinglebury.
....First it was the lost of Sheed, second Dampier, third Carter, and now Webb. When will enough be enough for the Knicks??? after all, Philly only gave three no names to get Webb, that is clearly less than what the Knicks could have offered to get Webb..........

Here's an idea. Go be a Philly fan. Stop being a Knicks fan, because you clearly don't know what's good for the organization. This team needs to suck really hard until the 07-08 season. That's when I hope to see an exiciting championship competitor. Philly's making a run at what? A second-round exit this year and a bunch of playtime for their bench next year when Webber goes down and stays down for good.

Yeah, cut payroll, horde picks, use the expiring contracts wisely OR let them expire. I don't expect to see a great Knicks team with any of the current players in the lineup.

2007-2008. Let's go!

I like AI too, but no one other star can play with him too long. His field goal % is horrendous. He does get to the line alot and his assist are better this year but he scores 40 points while going going 12 for 42. And his shot selection is still bad and he is a veteran. Iverson is the better player than Marbury but Marbury is the better pg. C Webb is going to miss Bibby but will love Kyle.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
DefAndReb
Member: #336
2/24/2005  3:24 PM
I don't think either AI or Marbs qualify as point guards. I have to think that for Philly to become a real contender, they need their youth to step it up. With AI and Webber on the payroll, you're not going to be adding any All-Stars next year (well, ok, maybe Artest - who knows where he'll end up).

Anyway, I'm glad the Knicks didn't get Webber, but the news I just read deserves comment on the sticky thread.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/24/2005  9:38 PM
if you remember the playoff when cwebb was constanly refusing to take a shot just to hand it off the rock to bibby. well cwebb should have no problem with ivo. cwebb is what the doctor ordered for ivo
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Chris Webber Trade?!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy