[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Chris Webber Trade?!
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/23/2005  11:52 PM
yeah but Kenny Thomas is signed through 2010!!! i thought KT's contract was bad!

look: http://hoopshype.com/salaries/philadelphia.htm

they would've been a lot better off with KT & TT!!!!

is this deal official or can Isiah make a last minute offer?!
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/23/2005  11:52 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

where the **** is Isiah!!!!!!!!!

come'on guns, I know you want Isiah to rebuid the right way!!!
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/23/2005  11:53 PM
Posted by martin:

The only thing I can think is that Sac

1) really wanted to get rid of CWebb cause they thought his knee probably wouldn;t hold out too much more

2) they are going to sign Peja long-term for a lot of $$$ and needed to get rid of Webber.

3) wanted bigs as replacement. They got 3 solid, rugged guys. Fill the 3, 4, 5 spots off the bench.

Not too bad, but still should have demanded a draft pick or something.

Martin its no.2, and IMO I would've traded Peja. He is an incredible shooter but a one dimensional player. Still he would've brought a lot more value back for them than what they got for CWebb and they would've been better off longterm.
gunsnewing
USA
2/23/2005  11:57 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by gunsnewing:

where the **** is Isiah!!!!!!!!!

come'on guns, I know you want Isiah to rebuid the right way!!!

with our luck jalen and marshall will be knicks tomorrow and no Webber! and the knicks make it as the 8th seed, dont get Bogut and are screwed for another 3yrs! Webber should be a Knick right now! how much better can we do for TT & KT then Webber?!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/23/2005 23:58:13]
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/24/2005  12:04 AM
Posted by simrud:

I give up on this retarded league. The NBA is a joke. No GM knows what they are doing.

F@uck the NBA man.

maybe none of you guys know what you are talking about...you guys alll tak smack about trading this guy and that guy, this shows how little you guys know about being a GM.
all kool aid all the time.
gunsnewing
USA
2/24/2005  12:06 AM
sucks for the Nets hahahahahaha
if they are smart they trade kidd tomorrow to Dallas and rebuild with Howard,Daniels, Harris or Terry.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/24/2005 00:08:39]
rvhoss
Switzerland
2/24/2005  12:08 AM
Can someone please explain to me why the knicks do not have webber?
rvhoss
Switzerland
2/24/2005  12:11 AM
by the way...a majority of the board (fish included) wanted no parts of webber...maybe someone made the mistake of reading these headlines. webber for anybody but the kids (ariza, sweetney) or our backcourt could go for webber...but hey, come the posts, everybody here wanted no parts of him...so don't go crying sour grapes...you guys want to tank and draft...so shut yo mouths!!
gunsnewing
USA
2/24/2005  12:17 AM
Posted by rvhoss:

by the way...a majority of the board (fish included) wanted no parts of webber...maybe someone made the mistake of reading these headlines. webber for anybody but the kids (ariza, sweetney) or our backcourt could go for webber...but hey, come the posts, everybody here wanted no parts of him...so don't go crying sour grapes...you guys want to tank and draft...so shut yo mouths!!

actually no I've always wanted webber and i wouldn't mind jalen and marshall if we also got Webber. Just didn't want to give up sweetney and ariza for him

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/24/2005 00:18:49]
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/24/2005  12:27 AM
This may verywell be one of the most lopsided trades in NBA history. Talk about a trade that makes no sense. Sure Sac got rid of Webber's contract, but they took some bad deals in return.

I saw this and was like OK... Philly traded Dalembert and some picks. The Kings got neither!!!! That's just silly.

When I said that there were no deals going down this deadline I never envisioned that the Kings would just GIVE Webber away for free. What the hell???
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
2/24/2005  12:32 AM
We already have one problematic knee too many at this point...no need for another. Even if Kings would have gotten a better deal for Webber if we gave them TT and KT, their loss. Unless isiah pulls off a miracle tomm that actually helps our team in the long term, i'd rather wait out the season. NO MORE QUICK FIXES
NewYorkSoul
Member: #855
Canada
2/24/2005  12:40 AM
I would still rather have Webber on one leg than have Tim Thomas, Vin Baker and Moochie Norris in our rotation

Or realistically, get rid of Baker, JYD, and Nazr for Webber, and Barnes... I would think that those three are better than Skinner, Kenny and Score-liss

Well, maybe not....
David f'n Lee for President!!
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/24/2005  12:50 AM
Thinking about this trade, it kind of reminds me of when we traded Glen Rice for Shandon Anderson and Howard Eisley. It's not quite the same thing, but the deal makes no sense. Just because you have a good player who doesn't fit into your system isn't any reason to trade him for scrubs!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/24/2005  1:07 AM
Posted by NYK3:

Can someone come up with 1 reason why Sacramento would do this, just give me 1 cause I sure as hell cant come up with anything

I can't, and I am confused, the kings got back 3 humps, and Kenny thomas contract is a ugly one I think he just signed a year or so ago, wow, what are the kings thinking? was the market for webber that bad?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
2/24/2005  1:48 AM
I'd say the bag of peanuts for Marbury/Penny deal was rather lopsided. The Suns got NO USABLE PLAYERS DIRECTLY IN THE DEAL AT ALL--- instead dumped all the garbage and turned it in to Nash & Q.

It's kind of sad when you're trying so desperately to rid yourself of an NBA all-star that you take junk in return.

You'd think they would have demanded Iguodala as part of the package (he'd have been a nice replacement for Christie).

In the world of fantasy value, I bet Peja/Miller/Bibby owners are ecstatic. :0

The Kings got a much better deal than a KT/TT package. TT is 100% pure garbage-- there's no redeeming value to his game. He'll have some value next year for his expiring contract, but for this season it's a lot to eat. KT could still end up on a playoff contender--- we still have a few hours to go. He makes a valuable 3rd/4th scoring option on the floor, plays tough fundamentally sound D, takes charges, hits open jumpers. I'd still like to see him head to MN to partner w/ KG (imagine if we got Olowokandi in return somehow...)...

I'm a little sick. So much for the power being in the west--- it looks like there are a bunch of dominant big men in the east now.

Webber turns Philly into the clearcut fave to win the Atlantic

[Edited by - technomaster on 02/24/2005 01:55:55]
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Masterplan
Member: #362
2/24/2005  3:03 AM
when i first saw "webber" and "trade" online, i had the sinking feeling we got him. i don't want him here, even if his trade value was lower than we thought. i don't want us to bring in a big name player unless he's in our long term plans. a lineup of marbury, crawford, houston and webber would be sweet. probably would never work out. webber's past his prime, maybe even more so than poeple think, if the kings let him go that easily. he'll only fade, unless he gets injured and is gone all of a sudden. in a few years we'll have to replace him anyway, and getting rid of a big name player like that is a huge ordeal. webber would raise our expectations more than our actual potential.
NineMike2Whiskey
Member: #732
2/24/2005  3:12 AM
Posted by VDesai:

[quote]Posted by martin:

Martin its no.2, and IMO I would've traded Peja. He is an incredible shooter but a one dimensional player. Still he would've brought a lot more value back for them than what they got for CWebb and they would've been better off longterm.

Peja is a hell of a shooter but he works his butt of to get easy buckets from backdoor cuts, putbacks and keeps defences honest enough by driving to the hoop and either finishing or kicking out. He's really worked on his game alot since coming to this leaque he's turned into a lite version of Dirk.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2005  6:55 AM
Thinking about this trade, it kind of reminds me of when we traded Glen Rice for Shandon Anderson and Howard Eisley. It's not quite the same thing, but the deal makes no sense. Just because you have a good player who doesn't fit into your system isn't any reason to trade him for scrubs!
I agree.... its funny. I like Kenny Thomas and Corlis is a decent player also. Skinner is a joke. Petrie wants to retool around Peja/Bibby/Miller which isnt bad.

Plain and simple they wanted to dump Webber. I wouldnt have minded taking him + the King's #1 in the offseason for say KT/Penny(a better deal than Phili gave them) but I'm very glad we didnt get now. we need to lose out..
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/24/2005  7:20 AM
I have always said you can't figure out these trades. You try so hard to propose a trade that makes sense and then the actual trades that happen are nothing short of retarded.

I was 2 ways about Webber, but if he could have been had cheaply it was a no brainer, he is having an all-star year this year any way you slice it.

But to think they would trade him and not demand any of these players is crazy:

Samuel Dalembert
Marc Jackson
Kyle Korver
Andre Igoudala
OldFan
Member: #446
2/24/2005  7:32 AM
I not convinced KT & TT is better then what they Sac got. TT is worth less then nothing.

What other packages would people have been willng to give up?
Chris Webber Trade?!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy