[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

RIP Jimmy Young
Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
2/23/2005  7:07 PM
Some of you old timers might remember him.My memory was watching him fight Ali and losing a decision he should have won.I was a big Ali fan back in the day and even I thought he should have gotten the decision.RIP Jimmy.

http://ringsidereport.com/Newman2242005.htm
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/26/2005  10:39 PM
Kwaz, I remember that fight well. Jimmy Young was big and so deceptively quick. Remember he had the perfect style to counter Ali, and it was such a surprise, he was such a big underdog? But you're right, he probably should have won the decision.

That was such a great time for the heavyweight division. Man it's dead now , but remember what you had going on at that time? Ali, Young, Frazier, Foremen, Jimmy Ellis, Ernie (the Acorn) Shavers, Oscar Ringo Bonevena, Ken Norton, even Jerry Quarry. Man there was a great heavyweight fight every month.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
2/27/2005  9:23 AM
Posted by Marv:

Kwaz, I remember that fight well. Jimmy Young was big and so deceptively quick. Remember he had the perfect style to counter Ali, and it was such a surprise, he was such a big underdog? But you're right, he probably should have won the decision.

That was such a great time for the heavyweight division. Man it's dead now , but remember what you had going on at that time? Ali, Young, Frazier, Foremen, Jimmy Ellis, Ernie (the Acorn) Shavers, Oscar Ringo Bonevena, Ken Norton, even Jerry Quarry. Man there was a great heavyweight fight every month.

I figured you would remember Marv. Yeah,Jimmy Young surprised alot of people and didnt get the breaks he deserved.You are right about that era.Cant compare the bums around now with the heavyweights back then.
RIP Jimmy Young

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy