[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Possible Plan of Action?
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
3/17/2002  4:07 PM
I am thinking over possible draft scenarios for the Knicks, I will be posting more as the day progresses. Reply and tell me what you think. Also, if you have a scenario post it in the format of mine.
Here will be the key:
Scenario # - Player Knicks Draft in 1st and 2nd Round.
Trades that would follow (provide why the opposing team would make the trade)
Future lineup.

Scenario #1 - Curtis Borchardt (7 ft., 230, C, Stanford) Steve Logan (6 ft., 195, PG, Cincinnati)
Trades : 1.) Michael Olowokandi leaves LAC, LAC needs a center. Marcus Camby for Lamar Odom. (Shop Sprewell, I'm not sure who wants him) 2.) Trade Marc Jackson to Indiana for a first rounder in 2003 due to Isaiah Thomas wanting a veteran backup for Tinsley.
2003-Knicks win 30 games, get number 1 pick, LeBron James comes to town.
Future Lineup (2 years after James is drafted)-Logan, James, Odom, Thomas, Borchardt.

Please post other scenarios, Knixkik, I know you really want Ming so post a scenario for him since you seem to know the most about him. This could be a good topic of debate since the Knicks aren't even worth talking about anymore.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
VG
Member: #68
Australia
3/18/2002  12:40 AM
We could pick Ming instead of that Stanford guy and do everything else as you did. Ming will be way better than Borchardt IMO...
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/18/2002  2:58 AM
Posted by VG:

We could pick Ming instead of that Stanford guy and do everything else as you did. Ming will be way better than Borchardt IMO...
Logan is NOT a PG. Borchardt is 225 pounds and makes Camby at Center look fat.
Caseloads
3/18/2002  3:00 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I am thinking over possible draft scenarios for the Knicks, I will be posting more as the day progresses. Reply and tell me what you think. Also, if you have a scenario post it in the format of mine.
Here will be the key:
Scenario # - Player Knicks Draft in 1st and 2nd Round.
Trades that would follow (provide why the opposing team would make the trade)
Future lineup.

Scenario #1 - Curtis Borchardt (7 ft., 230, C, Stanford) Steve Logan (6 ft., 195, PG, Cincinnati)
Trades : 1.) Michael Olowokandi leaves LAC, LAC needs a center. Marcus Camby for Lamar Odom. (Shop Sprewell, I'm not sure who wants him) 2.) Trade Marc Jackson to Indiana for a first rounder in 2003 due to Isaiah Thomas wanting a veteran backup for Tinsley.
2003-Knicks win 30 games, get number 1 pick, LeBron James comes to town.
Future Lineup (2 years after James is drafted)-Logan, James, Odom, Thomas, Borchardt.

Please post other scenarios, Knixkik, I know you really want Ming so post a scenario for him since you seem to know the most about him. This could be a good topic of debate since the Knicks aren't even worth talking about anymore.
Where is Kandi gonna leave and go? The Bulls? No one can pay him enough, or as much as LA. And even if we don't get to draft LeBron James, we should plan to get James AFTER his rookie contract ends. POSITION OURSELVES TO BE UNDER THE CAP THEN!
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
3/18/2002  8:01 AM
Plan A:
Knicks get a top 3 pick. Draft Amare Stoudamire and START him. Chaney has said he would start a rookie.

Knicks trade Mark Jackson + Weatherspoon to ATL for Tony Kukoc + 2nd rounder

Knicks trade Camby + Ward plus 2 second round picks 2003 for Danny Fortson + Eric Dampier

Knicks trade Sprewell for Damon Stoudamire

_____________________-
Plan B:

Draft Drew Gooden then trade him + Camby + 2003 first rounder to the Clippers for Odom/Maggette + Olawakandi (Clippers will not sign all their agents, they said so. Maggete is like the 7th man and Kandi isnt what they thought he would be when they drafted him)
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Caseloads
3/18/2002  9:47 AM
Posted by falcindor:

Plan A:
Knicks get a top 3 pick. Draft Amare Stoudamire and START him. Chaney has said he would start a rookie.

Knicks trade Mark Jackson + Weatherspoon to ATL for Tony Kukoc + 2nd rounder

Knicks trade Camby + Ward plus 2 second round picks 2003 for Danny Fortson + Eric Dampier

Knicks trade Sprewell for Damon Stoudamire

_____________________-
Plan B:

Draft Drew Gooden then trade him + Camby + 2003 first rounder to the Clippers for Odom/Maggette + Olawakandi (Clippers will not sign all their agents, they said so. Maggete is like the 7th man and Kandi isnt what they thought he would be when they drafted him)
Sprewell and Eisley for Pippen
BernardKing030
Member: #225
USA
3/18/2002  12:39 PM
Hate to tell you but I don't think teams actually get the number 1 pick with 30 wins... Don't we have to be worse than that?
I am the King, and I will RULE you!
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
3/18/2002  1:10 PM
Sprewell and Eisley for Pippen
who wants an ageing Pippen??????????
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/18/2002  1:56 PM
Posted by Starks3:

Well, most likely teams that want to get salary cap space. His contract ends after next season, and it is large.

Posted by BernardKing030:

[quote] Hate to tell you but I don't think teams actually get the number 1 pick with 30 wins... Don't we have to be worse than that?

As we stand right now we are in the middle of the lottery in the 6-8 range, so we have an slim shot of getting the number 1 pick...not a great one, but it is still a possibility.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Caseloads
3/18/2002  2:07 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by Starks3:

Well, most likely teams that want to get salary cap space. His contract ends after next season, and it is large.

Posted by BernardKing030:

[quote] Hate to tell you but I don't think teams actually get the number 1 pick with 30 wins... Don't we have to be worse than that?

As we stand right now we are in the middle of the lottery in the 6-8 range, so we have an slim shot of getting the number 1 pick...not a great one, but it is still a possibility.
I think if we can get Kemp and/or Pippen for any mix of Houston, Anderson and Weatherspoon, Eisley we'd be pulling off the steal of a century. Kemp still has enough game to play center in the east and pippen has enough game left for one season to replace houston and let spree slide to the 2 spot. Furthermore, Portland might want to do this deal if Bonzi walks after this season via free agency. Kemp gives us a big man up front, whose monster contract ends soon, and Pippen gives us a legit SF, something we haven't had in NY in FOREVER.
BigSm00th
USA
3/18/2002  7:16 PM
I think Chicago has a high chance of signing the Kandi Man, especially if they get Williams, they could move Olowokandi to center, Curry to power forward, Chandler to 3, Rose @ 2, and Williams at point. Why wouldn't they want that? I think that is fairly probable, and also, why in the world would we want Scottie Pippen? Is there any sense in that? How much does he make next year, $20 million, give me break, he is nothing without MJ. And Shawn Kemp, SHAWN KEMP? He is 300 pounds and is a crack addict! He can play center, give me a break, he can't play more then 15 minutes because he's such a load. Are we trying to convert into the Blazers with these ludicrous trades. Come on, let us think with our heads on straight. We need to dump salary but not at the expense of getting even older players who are farther over the hill and more overpaid then ones traded for in the past.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 03/18/2002 19:19:47]
#Knickstaps
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
3/18/2002  7:56 PM
I think Chicago has a high chance of signing the Kandi Man, especially if they get Williams, they could move Olowokandi to center, Curry to power forward, Chandler to 3, Rose @ 2, and Williams at point. Why wouldn't they want that? I think that is fairly probable, and also, why in the world would we want Scottie Pippen? Is there any sense in that? How much does he make next year, $20 million, give me break, he is nothing without MJ. And Shawn Kemp, SHAWN KEMP? He is 300 pounds and is a crack addict! He can play center, give me a break, he can't play more then 15 minutes because he's such a load. Are we trying to convert into the Blazers with these ludicrous trades. Come on, let us think with our heads on straight. We need to dump salary but not at the expense of getting even older players who are farther over the hill and more overpaid then ones traded for in the past
Thank you, thats what I said, and they alomst ripped me to peices for saying why would we want an ageing Pippen!
No way that would ever happen. It would be even dumber then haveing the highest paid third string point guard.
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
3/18/2002  7:57 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I think Chicago has a high chance of signing the Kandi Man, especially if they get Williams, they could move Olowokandi to center, Curry to power forward, Chandler to 3, Rose @ 2, and Williams at point. Why wouldn't they want that? I think that is fairly probable, and also, why in the world would we want Scottie Pippen? Is there any sense in that? How much does he make next year, $20 million, give me break, he is nothing without MJ. And Shawn Kemp, SHAWN KEMP? He is 300 pounds and is a crack addict! He can play center, give me a break, he can't play more then 15 minutes because he's such a load. Are we trying to convert into the Blazers with these ludicrous trades. Come on, let us think with our heads on straight. We need to dump salary but not at the expense of getting even older players who are farther over the hill and more overpaid then ones traded for in the past.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 03/18/2002 19:19:47]

Big smooth, think about it, Pippen's contract expires after next year. Kemp's contract expires in 2004 so we could then get some big time free agents to build around Lebron and Amare(hopefully).
I bleed orange and blue for life.
BigSm00th
USA
3/18/2002  8:04 PM
That would be the only reason, draft two highschoolers and make those two trades, get real bad in 2002-2003, get LeBron, and with him and either Wilcox/Amare/Gooden/Borchardt down low, build around that one-two punch. Only way we do that trade, just bite the damn bullet. Houston, Anderson, and Eisley for Kemp, Pippen and a first rounder in 2003 I would do because we aren't getting rid of the other contracts any time soon. Good point. When we got Kemp though, I think we should start Thomas at center over him. Even if we don't and have Camby next year, run the ball through KT. He has responded tremendously, this guy could avg. a double-double with 20 points and 12 boards, does anyone know what his average has been since the Camby Man went down? And one more point, with that 2003 pick we could draft a point guard like T.J. Ford from Texas. We would need a point guard who passes first since James and one of our power forwards would be the main option. Maybe sign an Omar Cook. Or Troy Bell is probably staying next year, so maybe him as well. All viable options.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 03/18/2002 20:24:50]
#Knickstaps
BigSm00th
USA
3/18/2002  8:36 PM
I just did the math, since Camby went down February 1st, Thomas has averaged 17 points, 10 boards, and 1.5 blocks per game. That should improve as the season progresses.
#Knickstaps
VG
Member: #68
Australia
3/19/2002  3:42 AM
Portland will never trade us Pippen or Kemp for Houston. Trader Bob will rather keep them and let their contract expire than get stuck with Houston till 2007...
Caseloads
3/19/2002  8:41 AM
Posted by VG:

Portland will never trade us Pippen or Kemp for Houston. Trader Bob will rather keep them and let their contract expire than get stuck with Houston till 2007...
if bonzi bails and pippen retires after next season... Portland needs another SG/SF player. Houston is locked up and has a sweet enough stroke. Bob doesn't care how long the contracts are.
Possible Plan of Action?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy