[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What if we reload?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/23/2005  1:14 PM
I know these are just rumors but......

What if Isiah can manage to get Webber, Jalen, Marshall......even though their contracts are ridiculous would the quality of players appease the masses if they stay relitively healthy......and win?

What's important is that Isiah still gets draft picks and builds a foundation behind these vets......

So what would you all say to this line-up if it were to happen?

c: Webber
pf: Donyell Marshall
sf: Jalen Rose
sg: Crawford
pg: Marbury

with Sweets, Ariza, JYD still on the team.

???
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/23/2005  1:18 PM
if possible, I'm sold.

It appears we lose penny, TT, Kurt AND nazr. Can we lose Vin as well?
all kool aid all the time.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/23/2005  1:25 PM
if we were to buy picks in this draft and fill out the roster with guys like Sheldon Williams, Ryan Gomes, Nate Robinson and one of those 7 footers only Briggs knows about I would say why not?

Isiah better coach if that happens
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
DefAndReb
Member: #336
2/23/2005  1:32 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

???

I'd say "When's the Nets game on?"

That sounds like a terrible squad, not even close to a contender.
EnySpree

2/23/2005  1:34 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

if possible, I'm sold.

It appears we lose penny, TT, Kurt AND nazr. Can we lose Vin as well?

Yeah.....you got it.
I'm sick of posting the usual trade ideas....I figured we all knew the deals by now....

I'm totally sold too.....this team would be so talented.
Jalen and Webber takes alot of pressure away from Craw and Marbs to create something. The offense would have so much potential. Defense will take care of itself.

Marshall aside from shooting threes, is a good rebounder and he has posted great fg% in recient years. He's also a decent shot blocker.

Craw would have too many people to pass to to be chucking up all the bombs he tosses up.....Marbs could then pace himself and allow the game to come to him with so many gifted players around him.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/23/2005  1:56 PM
As much as I am likely to agree w/ Rob that starting line up as one thing going for it, and thats all 5 guys can put the ball on the floor and handle it. If you can get them playing team ball on offense the ability for that team to score could be unreal. If they all stand around and watch each other go 1-1 your lucky to get 37 wins.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
2/23/2005  4:10 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:
Posted by EnySpree:

???

I'd say "When's the Nets game on?"

That sounds like a terrible squad, not even close to a contender.

Yeah, I love the Knicks, season tickets and all but if I see that on the court after all the talk about building for the youth and developing a team into contender. Than I will catch up on Liberty games because I refuse to watch what could be worst team chemistry in the history of the NBA. Why not add Spree, Artest and Steve Francis to the roster too. And with a group that good and focus on team ball, you need good coaches too. My suggestions would be Derrick Coleman, Sir Charles, and Vernon Maxwell. And it is about time PJ gets another shot at a head coaching gig. A man that those players could look up to.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
EnySpree

2/23/2005  7:17 PM
I don't get some of you guys. Why would the team suck just because of chemistry? The current Knicks aren't exactly kissing cousins, so you would rather stick with the current group because getting Webber, Rose and Marshall for KT, Nazr, Timmy and Penny would be worse chemistry?.....

It's not a likely scenerio anyway but I was expecting a different reason than this.....

matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
2/23/2005  7:26 PM
Exactly. This isn't working now, so I don't see why not other than contract reasonss
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/23/2005  10:28 PM
if that happena then I will do a complete 180 and root for a playoff run!
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
2/23/2005  10:36 PM
Hmm, a bigger potpourri of overpaid underachievers? That'll just result in an even more overpaid and underachieving team.
EnySpree

2/23/2005  11:05 PM
Posted by nykdunk:

Hmm, a bigger potpourri of overpaid underachievers? That'll just result in an even more overpaid and underachieving team.

It's a crazy risk but geez man if it pans out.....
Donyell is relitively healthy throughout the year....so is Rose....Webber always plays 60 something games.

Thing about it the Knicks would have so much talent that losing Webber wouldn't hurt the standings.....

Webber has a NYC soul....actually a Brooklyn soul.....he acts like he's straight out of Bed-sty or Brownsville.

I just excites me to dream about it.......I've been playing with em on NBALive since monday......sick. I mean Marbs is not a a open court player and neither are any of the guys in question. They all florish in the half court. The Knicks might score everytime down the court.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/23/2005  11:46 PM
You are forgeting one important thing here.

This is the Knicks. Everything that can go wrong will go wrong and more.

Webber will get hurt forever.
Jalen will cry and demand to be the point-forward.
Marshall will become a 3pt only happy non rebouding lazy bum.
Craw and Marbury will jack shots and fight with the rest of the team.

It will be a nightmare, with nobody playin any kind of defense.

Then again, under what scenario will this cursed team do good anyways. I bet our draft pick will be a total bust anyways.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/23/2005  11:51 PM
Let's be mediocre forever!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/24/2005  1:41 AM
As much as this really hurts me, because I like to see the knicks play in postseason games, I say bite the friggin bullet, try to trade for picks, draft well, lose some of these bad contracts and build around our young core, time to stop adding clowns like rose, marshall and retreads like webber, we need to think longer term here guys...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
What if we reload?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy