[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

According to the Daily News this trade for Kurt might be possible...

Author Poll
subzero0
Member: #410
Kurt Thomas vs. Donyell Marshall and Jalen Rose. http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/283676p-243053c.html I wouldnt mind taking on Jalen Roses contract. As a matter of fact i would love to get him and Marshall in return for Kurt Thomas. I dont know why everyone is so down on the guy (besides the contract but its not like we're getting out of the cap anytime soon). Didnt he score 30 to down the Nets Yesterday?
Kurt Thomas
Jalen Rose & Donyell Marshall
View Results

Author Thread
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
2/23/2005  12:35 PM
A Poll? I confused.
AUTOADVERT
subzero0
Member: #410
2/23/2005  12:36 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/283676p-243053c.html
...direct link to the site.

"As for Marshall, a straight-up deal would be tough because his salary is so relatively low ($5 million). Making a larger deal would likely involve taking on Jalen Rose, something the Knicks are somewhat reluctant to do."
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
2/23/2005  1:18 PM
where is the option for neither?
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
DefAndReb
Member: #336
2/23/2005  1:29 PM
The Knicks should get under the cap, even if it takes the next three seasons. This "we're not getting under the cap" stuff is a cop-out. Of course, Cablevision should sell both teams and MSG, then get out of the city, because if they successfully scuttle the Jets stadium project, Bloomberg and some others will exact revenge on Cablevision, rest assured. If they sell the team, cutting payroll is the logical next step. Cablevision is on such thin ice as a corporation, it would be hard for them to suck it up and field a true gut-reno on the Knicks and take the hit on ticket sales; Marbury would be miserable having to be the centerpiece of a really bad team. But, if they ever want to win a (cough) third championship, they have to get worse to get better. Either make the sacrifice or sell the team.

If they trade for another bloated contract, I will renounce my fanship and root for the Celtics, not because I like them (I hate them), just out of spite. Cablevision can lick my left one.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/23/2005  2:05 PM
its not a cop out... cap space doesnt make sense for the Knicks now and it didnt before the Marbury trade. We talk about this in the "Knicks need to reconfigure" thread... diggit
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
2/23/2005  3:25 PM
Posted by DefAndReb:

The Knicks should get under the cap, even if it takes the next three seasons. This "we're not getting under the cap" stuff is a cop-out. Of course, Cablevision should sell both teams and MSG, then get out of the city, because if they successfully scuttle the Jets stadium project, Bloomberg and some others will exact revenge on Cablevision, rest assured. If they sell the team, cutting payroll is the logical next step. Cablevision is on such thin ice as a corporation, it would be hard for them to suck it up and field a true gut-reno on the Knicks and take the hit on ticket sales; Marbury would be miserable having to be the centerpiece of a really bad team. But, if they ever want to win a (cough) third championship, they have to get worse to get better. Either make the sacrifice or sell the team.

If they trade for another bloated contract, I will renounce my fanship and root for the Celtics, not because I like them (I hate them), just out of spite. Cablevision can lick my left one.

LOL.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
According to the Daily News this trade for Kurt might be possible...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy