[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

New Ownership in two years???
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2005  9:12 AM
Newsday article outlines perhaps a prelude to a sale in the future?

http://www.newsday.com/business/ny-bzfox234154485feb23,0,3911267.story?coll=ny-business-headlines','331')

While dolan is an idiot, he does have the money. Steinbrenner was great, then he was an idiot, then he became great again, etc. At least dolan was willing to spend, too bad it was foolishly!

Could the new directive for Isiah be to bring costs down to make it salable? Would Isiah have enough clout (or option) to become a minority owner in a future group to purchase? I read about Magic being offered the postion, and I can't believe he would even consider it if it did not include some type of equity stake, or proposed equity stake. Could Jordan, Phil Knight (NiKE), etc be lurking in the background as investors? Could a strong Nike affiliation with a pro team be a conflict of interest with their many involvments with players other teams? Amateur sports?

Could we live with the "Nike Madison Sqare Garden"?

The Knicks under league directive would have to have a strong ownership group, and one whom must return the team to a postion where it elevates the NBA, not as the posterboy for bad spending.

And the Nets are invading!

Thoughts? Wishes?

AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/23/2005  10:23 AM
That would be interesting, if IT could get some ownership stakes than I say go for it, but the next owner of MSG and the knicks if there is one, needs to be a sports fan, and love sports, sorta like Cuban, and he must have the financial backing of a small country, kind of like the dolans, I don't want an owner that is constantly looking to cut cost, I wonder if George steinbrenner is interested in owning the knicks... just a thought...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
USA
2/23/2005  11:46 AM
Posted by tkf:

That would be interesting, if IT could get some ownership stakes than I say go for it, but the next owner of MSG and the knicks if there is one, needs to be a sports fan, and love sports, sorta like Cuban, and he must have the financial backing of a small country, kind of like the dolans, I don't want an owner that is constantly looking to cut cost, I wonder if George steinbrenner is interested in owning the knicks... just a thought...

I would hate to see Trump leverage the house to buy the team for ego purpose. The cable/entertainment thing makes sense. But I would like this franchise to be of sound finance, and sound roster also. I want pride of not just making big money in new york, but being a Knick, a citizen of NYC, and a winning tradition to take place.

It that asking for too much?

I think Isiah has said all the right things about this kind of vision. If Chris Webber is in this plan, then he lies!

But lets face it, a 103 mil payroll is unsellable to anyone, especially when you don't even make the playoffs.

Time flies, the Rangers have not made the playoffs in EIGHT years! That is the most pathetic thing.

I guess that 1994 season when they won the cup, and we almost one our banner really got to Checketts head!

Competition is a good thing. The nets moving to brooklyn is the best thing to happen to the KNicks. It will FORCE them to compete.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/23/2005  12:13 PM
good point nalod, that is why I wish a guy like spike lee had the resources to buy the knicks, I watched a interview of his on TV, this guy is a knick, through and through, not just one of those celebreties that goes to games to get their faces on TV even more..

Anyway, let me ask you, if IT trades KT and penny for Webber, would you object? or how about KT and Houston?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
USA
2/23/2005  12:31 PM
Posted by tkf:

good point nalod, that is why I wish a guy like spike lee had the resources to buy the knicks, I watched a interview of his on TV, this guy is a knick, through and through, not just one of those celebreties that goes to games to get their faces on TV even more..

Anyway, let me ask you, if IT trades KT and penny for Webber, would you object? or how about KT and Houston?

I would object as it artificially makes us better in the short run. It keeps Sweets back, and bulks us down with more salary. We become OVER dependent on his bad knee. We can't affort anther Dice incident. There comes a time when you have to face up and do it right!

I love the Marbury/KT for Nene, Miller and fodder trade. That is how you do it. Denver has to look in the mirror and ask if Andre Miller is the man to lead them. We can use him, but ultimatly draft very strong a guard where we will be this year and grow this postition. Get a point and let him live with Isiah.

C-Web should go to the lakers! He can compliment that team. Here, he just Starphuchs us into a false "buzz" that will never end well. Just one more desporate move to keep the ship a float.
New Ownership in two years???

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy