[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Doleac's feelings on Knicks mixed
Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
2/23/2005  7:16 AM
There are rumours that Doleac might be traded to Toronto.Wouldnt mind seeing Isiah making an attempt to bring him back..

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/heat/content/sports/epaper/2005/02/10/a4c_heatnotes_0210.html

NEW YORK — Heat center Michael Doleac played for New York for a little more than one season, but that's all it took for him to notice things were different there.

"It was different when (Knicks President) Isiah (Thomas) came in and started doing different things, changing things up," Doleac said. "It was just, it was weird."

Doleac, who has also played for Orlando, Cleveland and Denver, said he has nothing against Thomas, but he said his entire New York experience was, well, an experience.

"I've got good memories from New York," Doleac said. "I've got weird memories. Just a weird situation. I don't have any bad memories of anywhere. The game is what you make of it. I'm not trying to burn any bridges. No one treated me badly. I go out there and play as hard as I can try and help the team, and if they think someone else can do a better job, let them. I don't have any problems with that."

Doleac was signed by the Knicks as a free agent in July 2002 and traded to Atlanta in a three-team deal on Feb. 15, 2004, that sent forward Keith Van Horn to Milwaukee and forward Tim Thomas and center Nazr Mohammed to New York.

Despite that, Doleac said that he appreciated the way Isiah Thomas treated him and that the Knicks are a "great organization."

"I've heard a lot of things about Isiah," he said. "In my situation when I was there, he was honest with me through everything, and that's really all I can judge him with. Through the trade and all like that, he was upfront and honest.

"The only thing that didn't happen was when he said he was going to come after me in free agency," he said. "That didn't happen. But you know what? Maybe we just had to go our different ways. That's neither here nor there. All I can comment on is in my situation, and he was honest with me."

AUTOADVERT
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/23/2005  8:42 AM
Doleac is a guy who is all class. I would gladly take him back in NY. He's a hard-worker, plays hard, very talented. He's a good backup to have on any team. If we could solidfy the starting center spot, I'd gladly take Doleac in a backup role 15-20 mpg.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2005  8:48 AM
MIke has always been a class act! He is using his NBA experience to obtain a M.D. and I am sure will have a satisfying career helping heal people. I wish more athletes were like him.

Pro sports can be springboard to propel people to do more than pimp rides.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2002186408_sonicars22.html','501')

Interesting read, but also makes you think Jerome James gonna run out of cash one day. $15 mil before agents, union dues, TAXES etc. is not a lot of money if your not careful or make good investments.

Say he even sees half, thats 7 mil. Before he even spends a dime. Houses, cars, life style is eating that up. Say he has saved half of that, 3.5mil. Safe return is about 5% before taxes, or less than $200k yearly income if he can keep it in the piggy bank. I don't think Jerome is getting a big contract again!

Rashard and Payton don't have much to worry about. But Jerome should play with Hot Wheels like the rest of did as kids!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/23/2005  10:45 AM
Some of these athletes, and their money and jewelry and pimped out rides are just ridiculous, that is why when I hear of a former player who made 71 mil over his career filing for Bankruptcy protection, I don't feel sorry at all. These guys are in a privelidged position and need to take advantage of it, and that does not mean spending money on the most elaborate material things but being responsible and saving some money.....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/23/2005  10:58 AM
TFL.. who was that?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2005  11:36 AM
Posted by fishmike:

TFL.. who was that?

I don't know whom he might be talking about, but I read Pippin really took a hit with some bad advice and is suing a bunch of people. Those legal fees can eat you up also!

Its always tempting for these guys to trust so many, and also use the big money to make even bigger money. It just gets so dam big that you need a team of people, and thats where it gets complicated.

The flip side is you see guiys just bank it and then deal with it later. They take classes and learn about money. If you got alot of money, its really not that hard to learn. But being a great athlete does not always mean you have an ability to learn, and there are lots of dudes looking to take advantage of these guys.

I have read about Ron Artests managers are in the music biz, and they likely were steering the kid down the wrong path. THe music biz is also a cash drain and while its fun, you can see even that before the "fight" Ron was stressed out to the max.

Being rich is not about cars and houses, its about independence. While Rickey Williams is a nut, the guy is doing what he wants. A guy thats playing for the pimped out houses and cars is owned by material possesions! So many of these guys are playing thru real pain to keep it together and some will be cripple in their later years. Pride and glory are one thing, but material goods will not last. Im not talking the Shaq'a and real big money, but the marginal player whom does not have multi-generational wealth! If smart, they can use it to grow from. If not, its ugly thing to live with. All the posse disappears when the money run out!

I always admired Ewing as he made a ton, was cheap, and look at him now, he is coaching! He is not making any kind of real money, but he is doing what he wants! Im sure he has a fine lifestyle, and some nice cars, but its not his life. At least Spree was smart to profit from this excess!

I know its not fair, but its the young hip-hop guys are the ones flaunting the stuff on TV the most. There are lots of guys smart with their money, but its not good material for a MTV show!
Doleac's feelings on Knicks mixed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy