I'm sorry, but we need a total reconfiguration of this team
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/24/2005  11:39 AM
Posted by s3231:

Seriously, when Isiah first came everybody was saying how our franchise was a mess and would take a long time to fix. Even though Isiah brought Marbury here it doesn't mean that he can fix everything else in a year. We still have a long way to go.

Amazing in the span of 6 weeks this team was a good turnaround story, and Isiah was really looking good.

Then "THUD".

This team losing is not Marburys fault. But objectively, if we can acomplish much by trading him, we should. I can live with him, but he has not endeared me yet, so he can go to get what we need.

It won't happen, just a thought.

Briggs, do 't be "sorry", the configuration will happen over time.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
USA
2/24/2005  11:39 AM
Posted by s3231:

Seriously, when Isiah first came everybody was saying how our franchise was a mess and would take a long time to fix. Even though Isiah brought Marbury here it doesn't mean that he can fix everything else in a year. We still have a long way to go.

Amazing in the span of 6 weeks this team was a good turnaround story, and Isiah was really looking good.

Then "THUD".

This team losing is not Marburys fault. But objectively, if we can acomplish much by trading him, we should. I can live with him, but he has not endeared me yet, so he can go to get what we need.

It won't happen, just a thought.

Briggs, do 't be "sorry", the configuration will happen over time.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/24/2005  1:40 PM
I still believe that the FIRST thing this franchise needs is a draft where we have multiple selections, we need to breathe energy into the team like Chicago did, like New jersey did when they got Jefferson and Collins[and couldve had Dalembart and Arenas]

Do what we have to do, spend money trying to acquire a 1 and a high 2, try to trade an ending contract for a decent player and a pick.

when I say we need a reconfiguration, it means we are up the creek at many positions. we have to many 30+ YO who are more proned to get hurt, whose athletiscm has diminished etc... i mean is TT staying? Is Nazr? look at the back of our bench with norris, sundov, brewer

we have more than 1 problem--EVEN if we win the lottery, we still have problems! Of course we would be much better off!
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/24/2005  1:44 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I still believe that the FIRST thing this franchise needs is a draft where we have multiple selections, we need to breathe energy into the team like Chicago did, like New jersey did when they got Jefferson and Collins[and couldve had Dalembart and Arenas]

and everything is pointing towards it with isiah doing some HEAVY recruiting. 3 picks in this draft would be GREAT to fill out our bench and put a little competition out there.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2005  1:50 PM
it will be interesting... what Isiah wants Isiah gets. You know he's got a good eye for talent, you know he's been scouting personally both here and overseas, and you know that cash deals dont count against the cap or luxury tax and using $2-$3mm to buy draft picks sounds a little crazy but thats a lot of money to a lot of teams. Also alot of teams have multiple picks this year from trades making it easier to part with one. Toronto for one
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/24/2005  2:16 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Do what we have to do, spend money trying to acquire a 1 and a high 2, try to trade an ending contract for a decent player and a pick.

when I say we need a reconfiguration, it means we are up the creek at many positions. we have to many 30+ YO who are more proned to get hurt, whose athletiscm has diminished etc... i mean is TT staying? Is Nazr? look at the back of our bench with norris, sundov, brewer

we have more than 1 problem--EVEN if we win the lottery, we still have problems! Of course we would be much better off!
You're still ignoring Fish's question and my question of exactly how long your reconfiguration is going to take and why we should give you more than a year when you won't give Isiah more than a year
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/24/2005  2:32 PM
mine was a rhetorical question... havent you realized yet that Briggs doesnt care what you say and doesnt respond to you posts?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/24/2005  2:35 PM
Posted by fishmike:

mine was a rhetorical question... havent you realized yet that Briggs doesnt care what you say and doesnt respond to you posts?
Sometimes he does. When he doesn't, other people still do respond to what I write to him, including in this thread. Didn't you notice that?
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
2/24/2005  2:44 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Well you can have multiple picks in the 1st round and still do nothing. Look at the Bulls, lol, since 98 Chicago has 4 years of multiple 1st round picks but it looks like only last year was the one that paid off. I mean would be having this conversation, if Layden didn't trade his pick and took a chance on Stoudamire (didn't even work him out) or kept Nene. I mean I remember when we had multiple picks the last time and took Wallace, McCarty, and Jones which look good at the time but...
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/24/2005  2:52 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Well you can have multiple picks in the 1st round and still do nothing. Look at the Bulls, lol, since 98 Chicago has 4 years of multiple 1st round picks but it looks like only last year was the one that paid off. I mean would be having this conversation, if Layden didn't trade his pick and took a chance on Stoudamire (didn't even work him out) or kept Nene. I mean I remember when we had multiple picks the last time and took Wallace, McCarty, and Jones which look good at the time but...

i will say that was a very under-rated low point in Knick history. that was a point where we had enough goods up top to take those picks and move up for one impact player. it depends on many things. were in a different situation now, + we dont own anything but one pick as of now. The draft this year might be the lAST in awhile that you can swipe some really nice young prospects deeper in the draft.
there is also a factor of executing the draft picks, that year was just horrid.
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
USA
2/25/2005  9:14 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

Sometimes he does. When he doesn't, other people still do respond to what I write to him, including in this thread. Didn't you notice that?

Bonnie Doon,

We all noticed it, what do you think that really means? Its cuz your so special don't yah think?
I'm sorry, but we need a total reconfiguration of this team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy