[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

why do i have a feeling we are going to trade for chris webber?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/22/2005  1:13 AM
for some reason, I think it s something that may happen
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/22/2005  1:19 AM
I'd appreciate it if you would delete this post, b/c I remember you made one post back on MSG, and made up a lineup with one of your trade ideas for some guy, and it had Van Horn on it (Not part of YOUR trade idea) as if he were already on the team. A week later, we get Van Horn and the team starts off with a terrible terrible record, thus proving that it was a bad trade.

If Isiah does something stupid in a trade for Webber, I'll kill someone. However, I would LOVE Odom.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
2/22/2005  3:57 AM
Yes, I have the same bad feeling that Isiah will trade for Webber...

Could it be KT/Penny for CWebb/Bobby Jackson? TT/KT/Sweetney?

If H20 is not included in the deal, this team would be paying $60 million for 3 over-rated or injured, over-the-hill players for the next few yrs. The NY saga continues... yippie! David Stern might as well make this team a designated maxed-out old players destination before retirement.

And to AllanFan20. Yes, if you're gonna go kill someone once Webber does become another hobbling Knick, please consider removing Isiah.

[Edited by - sky on 02/22/2005 04:04:42]
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
2/22/2005  7:59 AM
I hate to say it but I dont even think Layden would get CWebb at this stage and Isiah and Dolan have both come out recently against signing players like Webber.If they go back on their word and pull the trigger Im going to be very pizzed and the press is going to have a field day.

Like SKY wrote,if Houston isnt part of the deal we will be adding another broken down veteran with his best days behind him.I believe that there are alot of Knick fans on the bubble about Isiah and his moves.He makes a bad trade for Webber and he will probably lose their support and mine.I dont expect perfection from Isiah but I dont expect utter stupidity either.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/22/2005  8:22 AM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

I hate to say it but I dont even think Layden would get CWebb at this stage and Isiah and Dolan have both come out recently against signing players like Webber.If they go back on their word and pull the trigger Im going to be very pizzed and the press is going to have a field day.

Like SKY wrote,if Houston isnt part of the deal we will be adding another broken down veteran with his best days behind him.I believe that there are alot of Knick fans on the bubble about Isiah and his moves.He makes a bad trade for Webber and he will probably lose their support and mine.I dont expect perfection from Isiah but I dont expect utter stupidity either.

I don't believe the papers with NY-CWeb talks. They might be talking other things, or a 3 way, but they would be some lying MF's if they did this. Isiah should just lay low and let it be. Speaking words of wisdom, Let-it-be, Let-it-be.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/22/2005  8:57 AM
if the trade is for KT + TT is it still bad?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
s3231
Member: #544
USA
2/22/2005  9:02 AM
Yea I can see Isiah trading for Webber but it would be something like a KT + TT for C-Webb trade as Fish just mentioned. Isiah isn't going to give up any of our young guys for Webber I'll tell you that right now.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/22/2005  9:13 AM
Hasn't Zeke already said Sweetney and Ariza are basically untouchable for him?

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 02/22/2005 09:24:19]
fishmike
USA
2/22/2005  9:24 AM
thats what I mean. If we are getting Webber because he's the one thats going to turn around this franchise than we are fukced. If we get Webber for some combo of KT/TT/Penny/Moochie/Baker then your trading crap for a 31 year old averaging 21/10 on a winning team.

I would rather have Webber for 50-60 games a year than any of those scrubs for a whole season.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/22/2005  9:26 AM
Posted by fishmike:

no...this trade is awesome. We keep penny and we get a bonafide all star Center to contend with the likes of shaq (even though he is a PF but more of a center. Kurt would be on a contender, I like that for him.
all kool aid all the time.
matt
Member: #487
USA
2/22/2005  9:27 AM
Posted by fishmike:

If that works, then I would definetly do that deal.
Kwazimodal
2/22/2005  9:34 AM
Posted by matt:
Posted by fishmike:

I dont want that cancer on this team,he is great at blaming others when things go wrong but he never owns up to his own mistakes,chokes.Imagine how he would be on a team that hasnt been consistently near the top of the standings in years.

Unless Houston is part of the deal Id rather Trade KT and TT for something other than a guy who has been on the IL for a good part of his career.
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
2/22/2005  9:47 AM
Posted by matt:
Posted by fishmike:

I have been against the thought of Webber on this team from the beginning, but if that was the deal, I think I might even support that. (Key word: "might" - would have to think about it a while longer).
It would open up the SF spot for Trevor, whenever Webber has to sit with his knees, it opens up time for Sweetney (worst case scenario, Webber takes Kurt's 37 mpg).
If Sacramento would be that desperate to get rid of Webber and his contract, I would have to consider it, but in no way is getting Webber a priority. If Sacramento demands our pick, Sweetney, or Ariza, I turn it down without a second thought.
fishmike
USA
2/22/2005  9:54 AM
like who?
Webber's career: 22/10.2/48% FGSs
Webber's postseason: 21/9.6/46% FGs

Peja's last 5 years: 21 points per game 46% FGs
in 51 playoff games: 16.8 points per game 41% FGs

Including some monumental playoff meltdowns to the Lakers. Whos the choker?

I wont lie... I have always liked Webber from his GS days w/ Sprewell and Hardaway. He misses at 10-30 games a year but the guy can play, and I would rather have 50-60 games of Webber than those other guys.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/22/2005  9:54 AM
webber has 1 more year on his deal than houston. the knicks would get under the cap in 07/08 when houston expires. by bringing in webber, we push that back one more year to 08/09.

the questions that must be asked is:

1. will the knicks EVER try to get financial responsible with their payroll?

2. will bringing in webber just perpetuate the notion of selling tickets, winning games, but not winning championships?

3. will webber be brought here to play with steph and that's the roster we're going to war with or is he just another piece?

there's a HUGE HUGE HUGE risk with webber. when i see webber, i see a souped up version of kurt. he's one heck of a passer and is posting OBSCENE #'s but he's now basically a jumpshooter from 18+ feet out, playing on one knee, with ZERO defense. i can see acquiring him when we're a 50 win team that gets eliminated in the 2nd round and we need that one player to put us over the hump (ala sheed last season). but we're no where close to that. we have so many holes to fill and bringing in webber will impede us from filling them (be it trading expiring deals, picks, or prospects).

i say thanks, but no thanks. THE ONLY ONLY ONLY way i even think about getting webber is if houston is involved. and that's it.
fishmike
USA
2/22/2005  9:56 AM
one thing... I dont want Webber now. Wait until this offseason. I could see Webber and Marbury quickly gelling and leading the Knicks to a .520 record and 37-38 wins which would be the worst possible thing.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/22/2005  10:05 AM
Posted by fishmike:

one thing... I dont want Webber now. Wait until this offseason. I could see Webber and Marbury quickly gelling and leading the Knicks to a .520 record and 37-38 wins which would be the worst possible thing.

Yes, I think a pick and roll with webber would turn out to be pretty lethal and would bring us just close to not making the playoffs and just far away from a prized lottery position.

If we can't make the playoffs with this bunch and the kings can't win the championship with their bunch, webber will be a knick. I always loved webber when he came out and that golden state team was the best playstation/dreamcast team ever assembled (mourning/larry charlotte a close second) top to bottom...remember, I'm talking video games here.

all kool aid all the time.
s3231
Member: #544
USA
2/22/2005  10:06 AM
Yea this is the type of deal that would be better if done in the offseason for both teams. Sacramento definitely would rather do it in the offseason because if they keep Webber they are still contenders.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Kwazimodal
2/22/2005  10:53 AM
Posted by fishmike:

like who?
Webber's career: 22/10.2/48% FGSs
Webber's postseason: 21/9.6/46% FGs

Peja's last 5 years: 21 points per game 46% FGs
in 51 playoff games: 16.8 points per game 41% FGs

Including some monumental playoff meltdowns to the Lakers. Whos the choker?

I wont lie... I have always liked Webber from his GS days w/ Sprewell and Hardaway. He misses at 10-30 games a year but the guy can play, and I would rather have 50-60 games of Webber than those other guys.

Ive seen too many playoff games where Webber chocked when a bucket was the difference between winning and losing.Those numbers dont show up on the stats.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/22/2005  11:09 AM
Webber is an albatross to the Kings. He commands a huge % of their payroll in a small market. Thats not a problem if you knew that his knee wasnt going to buckle at any moment. To me, if I owned the Kings, I would be looking for a scker to pawn him off. Sure, it might make me a little worse, maybe, then again, depending who I could trade him for, maybe not. But iF his knee goes bonkers in the next year, Im into this guy for 60mm which bascially freezes what I can do financially for the team.

Now where can I find a scker, eh , eh a team that would be willing to take my one-legged superstar that makes 200mm a year until he is 36-37?

If they want to trade for him, it's with the knowledge that he can also be a HUGE albatross to us. That there is just as a high a risk for Webber as Mcdyess--higher because Mcdyess had shown explosiveness before the trade. Webber has been morphed into a jumpshooter,yes he is great, but he is also a walking time bomb. Is that how I want to run my organization if Im controlling the Knicks. NO!

RIP Crushalot😞
why do i have a feeling we are going to trade for chris webber?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy