From Toronto Star
Author Thread
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
2/21/2005  8:39 PM
From Toronto Star

"Throw together a group of general managers, players and media types and there are sure to be a number of rumours, some of them even true, floating around and this past weekend has been no exception.

A strong one was that Knicks president Isiah Thomas will renew with vigour his idea of adding Webber from the Sacramento Kings, adding another highly paid player to a team with the richest payroll in the league."

If Isiah does this and it back fires and CWebb joins H20 as "busted knee brothers", I will stop being a Knicks fan. Isiah will be remembered as a con artist who not only bancrupted CBA but also totally messed up NY Knicks organization.
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/21/2005  8:44 PM
Posted by SKY:

From Toronto Star

"Throw together a group of general managers, players and media types and there are sure to be a number of rumours, some of them even true, floating around and this past weekend has been no exception.

A strong one was that Knicks president Isiah Thomas will renew with vigour his idea of adding Webber from the Sacramento Kings, adding another highly paid player to a team with the richest payroll in the league."

If Isiah does this and it back fires and CWebb joins H20 as "busted knee brothers", I will stop being a Knicks fan. Isiah will be remembered as a con artist who not only bancrupted CBA but also totally messed up NY Knicks organization.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm.............

Too late.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/21/2005  9:06 PM
good reporting.. considering Isiah isnt among the GMs present in Denver for the all star weekend. He was scouting college games
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SKY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #687
USA
2/21/2005  10:16 PM
Posted by fishmike:

good reporting.. considering Isiah isnt among the GMs present in Denver for the all star weekend. He was scouting college games

That's what I mean by con artist.

He ****ed so many people with the CBA stuff leading people to believe that he had their backs. He said that NY can never rebuild yet now says that we are rebuilding and that it takes 3-4 yrs. Why should I believe that he's not trying to go after Webber while claiming to be checking out the college kids? It su cks when you can't believe in the ownership and the management of your favorite team that you grew up with. I'm all for the team losing as many games as possible this season, but it sure is painful! Thank god the baseball season is starting soon. Go Yankees!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/22/2005  9:00 AM
how did he screw people with the CBA stuff? When he joined the Pacers Stern said he had to see the CBA. Before than Isiah actually played CBA player's salaries out of his own pocket because some of the teams were so bad financially that they couldnt make payroll.

Isiah's got his share of dirty laundry but the CBA isnt it... quite the opposite.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/22/2005  11:20 AM
Sky...Fishmike is correct about the CBA...look into it a little and you will find Isiah was forced by the NBA to sell is stake in the CBA and paid alot out of his own pocket to pay some players salaries.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
2/22/2005  11:41 AM
I'm trying to figure out what does the CBA have to do with the New York Knicks. but yes Isiah couldn't save the CBA rather than destroy it

it was already destroyed

Sky, the Knicks are about selling tickets. once you learn that then it will all make sense. It took me awhile to learn it also
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/22/2005  12:31 PM
Isiah said he was gonna bring in Leon "green lantern" Smith and never did. Con Man!
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
2/22/2005  1:07 PM
Posted by Andrew:

Sky...Fishmike is correct about the CBA...look into it a little and you will find Isiah was forced by the NBA to sell is stake in the CBA and paid alot out of his own pocket to pay some players salaries.

I saw a recent interview where Stern was talking about this same issue. He backed Isiah, 100%. The CBA had been mismanaging money for decades and now it is all Isiah's fault, it folded. Why do you think those owners just turned everything over to him.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
From Toronto Star

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy