[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Which ex-knick would you most welcome back?

Author Poll
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
Which ex-knick would you most welcome back? And we could get him for free.
Marcus Camby
Latrell Sprewell
Keith Van Horn
Jeff Van Gundy
Don Nelson
Nene
None...I only want new blood
View Results

Author Thread
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Switzerland
2/21/2005  5:35 PM
Van Gundy...not sure...he's all about defense...Remember nelly? His coaching style is more fitting of these current knicks then those of Ewing...and sprewell would be fantastic, but we have enough Shooters.

But a shot blocking, floor running Camby-man would fill some mighty holes on defense.
all kool aid all the time.
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/21/2005  5:43 PM
Don't really consider Nene an ex knick, considering he never played for us. Other than him, Camby is the only one on that list I'd actually want back. But, I'll say it again, I want Pat back on the bench.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
2/21/2005  5:44 PM
-Nene would be great. We should not have let him go at all. Another dumb Laydumb move. Nene could have filled in when Camby was injured and become our starting center.

-Gundy is all about defense, but all good Knicks teams have always been all about defense, so I'll gladly welcome him back here.

-Camby would be nice, but with our luck, he'd break a leg in his first practice. We have enough injuries waiting to happen on our roster.

-KVH is better than GayZ, so of course, I'd welcome him back.

-Spree played his heart out, but his personality was bound to get the better of him here at some point. So no.

-No the Nelly.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/21/2005  6:32 PM
I would like to have Nene and Camby back......

Then again if Nene and Camby were here the team would look alot different.....Isiah probably wouldn't be here I know that.

I kinda wish Bernard King and Ewing could come back together after rubbing down with Gary Sheffields "muscle cream" and forfill the prophecy.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
2/21/2005  6:37 PM
Interesting topic.Id Welcome KVH back (never thought Id say that)if the price was right and he came off the bench.I still want the Knicks to find someone better than TT and KVH to start.

[Edited by - kwazimodal on 02/21/2005 18:38:49]
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/21/2005  7:01 PM
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Interesting topic.Id Welcome KVH back (never thought Id say that)if the price was right and he came off the bench.I still want the Knicks to find someone better than TT and KVH to start.

Well the Knicks have Ariza......Ariza will be blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,.....

Knicks gotta get better....Knicks could use a vet to play ahead of Ariza now because he's not ready yet......maybe 2 years from now he will be good enough to win with as the starter.

Knicks just gotta get better. Anybody know what Derek Harper is doing these days?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Kwazimodal
2/21/2005  8:10 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Kwazimodal:

Well the Knicks have Ariza......Ariza will be blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,.....

Knicks gotta get better....Knicks could use a vet to play ahead of Ariza now because he's not ready yet......maybe 2 years from now he will be good enough to win with as the starter.

Knicks just gotta get better. Anybody know what Derek Harper is doing these days?

True.Ariza isnt ready yet and now that I think about it,KVH would take valuable PT from him.I just hope TT is gone this summer.He has had a very difficult year so you cant fault him for being distracted,but I dont believe that he can turn it around.Not here anyway.

If we cant find a suitable player at starting SF,Id like to see Ariza start from opening day ready or not.More playing time might be the tonic for his inexperience.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/22/2005  5:09 AM
none of the above...Pat Riley
~You can't run from who you are.~
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/22/2005  8:34 AM
Phil Jackson was a Knick!

Dude won Two rings as a player, and 9 as a coach! He has eleven rings!

Camby? My how quick we forget. The Bambi puppy dog eyes always injured. He did that great contract year recovery! But he got a big contract now!

Don Nelson, he is cooked, we blew that one. He was right, Checketts was wrong. Old story.

Van Gundy? In retrospect, he did a good job with that roster and his teams always played hard. We hated the lack of offense, but he got alot of his players. Boring to watch, remember?

Spree? Not while Dolan owns the team!

KVH? Lets move forward, not backward. Wanna swap him for Anfernee, sure, but that won't happen. Bring him in for a MLE? Ok. KVH will make a fine role player on a good team. If Phil Jax wants him for the triangle, then Im good that way!

For some reason he would look good in a Jazz uniform.
rvhoss
Switzerland
2/22/2005  9:11 AM
Posted by joec32033:

I left him and phil out because they would have been too obvious. =)
Kwazimodal
2/22/2005  9:14 AM
Posted by rvhoss:
Posted by joec32033:

I left him and phil out because they would have been too obvious. =)

We can set up a fax machine at courtside so Riley can coach from his home in Miami.
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
2/22/2005  9:20 AM
Marcus Camby wouldn't look right without Spree and Allan Houston so i would only want new blood
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
2/22/2005  10:38 AM
None above. Camby was just as soft here as TT. That is the reason Layden didn't mind giving him up (you guys got to remember the bad with the good). His playoff stats after 1999, should never even be mention. Always injured, and off the coach issues start to effect his game.
Spree is done. A shell of his former self. Aging, along with Sam I am, right before our very eyes.
Van Gundy is already being called the second best Gundy. How quickly has it turned on him in Houston. The words overrated are now being mentioned with him constantly.
KVH is not worth a mention.
Can't read Nellie anymore, before this season he was being force out by Cuban which I guess Nellie didn't have a problem with seing he was grooming Avery.
Nene made the Knicks look bad for 2 years but is not having along with his other teammates (Damn the Nets look smart now) a horrible season.
To be fair about it, why not throw in Mutombo (4ppg, 4.5rebs, 13mpg), or McDyess (10ppg, 7rebs, 23mpg). They are having decent seasons.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
bigpimpin
USA
2/22/2005  11:38 AM
I beg to differ. Marcus Camby stayed injured but he has done more as a Knick than any Knick on the current roster except maybe Allan houston. Yeah, I take the good with the bad and his good outweighs his bad.

You gave us a speech about Camby being injured but then you mention McDyess?

Mutombo? lololol
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
2/22/2005  12:58 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:

I beg to differ. Marcus Camby stayed injured but he has done more as a Knick than any Knick on the current roster except maybe Allan houston. Yeah, I take the good with the bad and his good outweighs his bad.

Mutombo? lololol

Well I think, the vote was refering to if you would take the person back now. McDyess is having a pretty good year for his limited role, so is Mutombo. Camby had two good years after the Knicks were he seem to solved his injury issues when Layden made it an issue as part of the trade. Number two, since most of these Knicks with the exception of H20 are less than a year old on the Knicks roster, than yeah he has but that is not saying much.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
rvhoss
Switzerland
2/22/2005  5:40 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by bigpimpin:

Mutombo? lololol

Well I think, the vote was refering to if you would take the person back now. McDyess is having a pretty good year for his limited role, so is Mutombo.

Camby is having a better year than both mcdyess and motumbo.
bigpimpin
USA
2/22/2005  7:11 PM
i agree with rvhoss

and Camby was an unstoppable and amazing player during the 1999 playoff run which was in his first year with the team

so yes that is saying much

injuries are apart of the game that can't be controlled
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2005  12:39 PM
Bambi would make us more athletic, but not younger. His 10mil a year contract is kinda big.
Which ex-knick would you most welcome back?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy