[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Carlos Boozer on way to LA
Author Thread
purple012870
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #432
2/21/2005  3:07 PM
According to Fox Sports for Divac, Butler and George waiting for league approval.

Longshot that the Lakers would entertain this, but I'd propose:

Kurt Thomas
Tim Thomas
Trevor Ariza

for

Lamar Odom
Medvedenko
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/21/2005  3:11 PM
I also heard the rumor with Sacramento involving Odom for Peja and Jackson.
purple012870
Member: #432
2/21/2005  3:13 PM
Yes, I'd prefer that one if I were a Laker fan but I believe the Kings said NO.
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
2/21/2005  3:17 PM
What a great move for the lakers to give up really not much to get a good low post player...any one the contracts of divac george and caron?
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/21/2005  3:34 PM
Posted by purple012870:

According to Fox Sports for Divac, Butler and George waiting for league approval.

Longshot that the Lakers would entertain this, but I'd propose:

Kurt Thomas
Tim Thomas
Trevor Ariza

for

Lamar Odom
Medvedenko

wipe out 1 ending contract player!
RIP Crushalot😞
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/21/2005  3:40 PM
Kobe 26-27, Odom 25-26, Boozer 25-26, Mihm 25-26 thats a real young core that could compete for the next 10yrs.

Vujacic has potential as well. Well done by the Lakers. Then again trading Shaq definatly gets you excellent value back.

id take Brian Grant off there hands and give them Ariza for Lamar Odom. I still don't know if that would be enough though especially if there looking for a Peja type of player.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/21/2005  3:43 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

Kobe 26-27, Odom 25-26, Boozer 25-26, Mihm 25-26 thats a real young core that could compete for the next 10yrs.

Vujacic has potential as well. Well done by the Lakers. Then again trading Shaq definatly gets you excellent value back.
id take Brian Grant off there hands and give them Ariza for Lamar Odom. I still don't know if that would be enough though especially if there looking for a Peja type of player.

No! Brain Grant' contract is ludicrous. hes on the same contract as Houston 3 years 60mm$ Lamar is a good player, but unless you are getting Tim Duncan, you do not take back Brain Grant.
RIP Crushalot😞
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
2/21/2005  3:51 PM
http://realgm.com/
LAKERS LAND BOOZER!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/21/2005  4:27 PM
Thats a weird trade for Utah...they pick up 2 more small forwards. I know they wanted to move AK47 to the 4 and moving Boozer allows them to do that.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/21/2005  4:51 PM
talk about cutting your losses. i guess they saw the $60+ mil owed to boozer and utah said see ya later. i wouldn't doubt it one bit of they're trying to ship memo as well. i guess they're one year in free agency was just that, one year.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/21/2005  5:53 PM
So....Why does Utah do this again? they have a fleet of swing men over there......

The leagues GM's have no idea what they are doing.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MX25
Member: #555
USA
2/21/2005  7:07 PM
IMO..Both teams did fine. Lakers got the PF they need. Utah got rid of a contract they thought would hurt them down the road for 2 guys with expiring deals this year and next year and a young SF who can fit right in with AK moving to the 4. Decent trade for both teams.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/21/2005  7:14 PM
So first you get a guy, then you say he is a bad contract and trade him away to unload a deal. All in less then a year.

Sure, that makes so much sense.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/21/2005  7:25 PM
Posted by simrud:

So first you get a guy, then you say he is a bad contract and trade him away to unload a deal. All in less then a year.

Sure, that makes so much sense.

It baffles me....

Where does Harpring, Raja, Giricek, Snyder all fit? In my opinion Caron Butler isn't that much better than any of them.

All I can say is Hapring can live with me for a while till he can get his new place.....I'm only a 15 min cab ride away from MSG.

I know we have a KT thread already but I'd send KT for Hapring and Raja Bell

[Edited by - enyspree on 02/21/2005 19:35:27]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
2/21/2005  8:01 PM
I'm not gonna believe that this deal is done until it is official. Only one person has really said that this deal is done, no one else has said the same thing.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/21/2005  8:02 PM
Posted by s3231:

I'm not gonna believe that this deal is done until it is official. Only one person has really said that this deal is done, no one else has said the same thing.

Yeah...no one is even reporting it.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
2/21/2005  8:23 PM
Alot of conflicting reports...

Found this exerpt from a feb 10 insider maybe someone can post it.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&id=1988472

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600111269,00.html

Boozer isn't talking

Jazz deny ESPN report that a trade may be in the works
By Tim Buckley
Deseret Morning News

The morning after Larry H. Miller questioned his toughness, Carlos Boozer was not talking — at least not to media members.

Utah Jazz forward Carlos Boozer declined to comment on remarks by owner Larry H. Miller questioning the highly paid player's toughness.

Michael Brandy, Deseret Morning News

"I'm reserving my judgment until I speak to (Miller)," Boozer said Thursday, one day after the Jazz's owner said his $68 million power forward is talented — but some nights acts like he doesn't care enough.
Later Thursday, the two did have a heart-to-heart.
"No comment," Jazz basketball operations senior vice president Kevin O'Connor said when asked to characterize the meeting. "I'll leave it to those two to discuss that (today)."
The Jazz, meanwhile, say they're not talking, either — at least not seriously talking to other teams about trading Boozer.
ESPNInsider.com's Chad Ford reported Thursday that while "Matt Harpring seems to be the guy most teams are after," unnamed NBA sources say "the Jazz are open to trading" Boozer.
Wrote Ford: "While a Jazz official brushed off the rumors to a certain extent, they weren't totally dismissed either. The Jazz are not shopping Boozer or holding a fire sale. But would they consider trading him if the right deal came along? Yes.
"If the team could get a top-flight, 40-minute-a-night point guard capable of playing the Jazz's system, it would have to consider making a trade."
Miller seemed to suggest Wednesday that the Jazz have Boozer suitors, saying, "There's at least three teams I know about that would like to have him."
He also reiterated earlier comments suggesting Jazz ears will be open to all chatter up to the league's Feb. 24 trade deadline: "This year . . . we're more engaged in more serious trade talk from our end than we've been in in most years."
O'Connor, however, shot down the ESPN report.
"There's no credence to it," he said. "Is anybody un-tradable? No. But we're not looking to trade Carlos. Don't want to trade him. Want him to be here for the six years of his contract.
"I'm not going to say we'd never trade a player, because you always listen to options you can come up with. But we have no interest in trading Carlos Boozer. It doesn't make any sense. We expect him to get better."
As for Harpring, one of the Jazz's co-captains, he expresses no desire to leave Utah — even though the 16-33 team is struggling heading into tonight's Delta Center meeting with Minnesota.
"I don't want to go anywhere. I really don't," Harpring said recently. "I've invested a lot of time and hard work here, and I want to see this be successful. And I still think we can be. This year is looking more grim. But that doesn't mean the future is grim, too."
Precisely what profile Boozer, whom Utah signed away from the Cleveland Cavaliers last summer, has in that future remains to be seen.
"Boozer, on his end, wouldn't mind a trade either," Ford wrote. "He hasn't meshed with head coach Jerry Sloan. While he doesn't regret bolting the Cavs, one league source told Insider he wouldn't mind a change of scenery."
The Jazz, though, evidently expect their landscape to feature only more consistent play and effort from a 23-year-old who already is the franchise's leading scorer and rebounder.
"He's going to have to step up and do what he needs to do," Miller said Wednesday. "But I think he'll learn how to do that. I think his attitude's fine.
"Jerry (Sloan) kind of called him out in the media (recently) — and he seemed to respond to it a couple nights, and he's had some great games since. But he's also had some very tough nights . . . I think he's still in the process of figuring out how to do that every night."
Sloan on Thursday suggested he respects the owner's right to speak out. But the Jazz coach did not seem interested in driving down quite the same road as Miller.
"I expect more from everybody," he said when asked specifically about Boozer's consistency.
Sloan even pointed to himself, not Boozer.
"Whatever the reason is, we're not getting it done," he said. "That responsibility falls in my hands.
"We're with these guys every single day, and all we can do is try to show them and teach them. If that doesn't work, then we'll see what happens. I don't like the possibilities of consequences that come after that."
Asked if he felt a sense of being caught between Miller and Boozer, Sloan said, "I am in the middle of it.
"But Larry (Miller) doesn't expect me to fight his battle. I don't expect him to fight my battle," he added. "I'm here to do a job for his organization the best I can do, and that's all I can do."
Sloan, who replaced his five usual starters for the second half of Tuesday's loss at Denver, said Thursday he was considering a change to tonight's opening lineup.
He was not specific, but did say Boozer would not be benched.

Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
2/21/2005  9:53 PM
Since we are discussing trade rumours....

Rumor has it …

By Joe Lago, Yahoo! Sports
February 21, 2005

The NBA's trading deadline is Thursday at 3 p.m. ET. Here's the latest talk around the league as of 4 p.m. ET on Monday.

Odom

The Rumor: Lakers forward Lamar Odom for Kings forward Peja Stojakovic and Kings guard Bobby Jackson.

The Reason: Odom needs the ball in his hands to be effective but that honor belongs to Kobe Bryant. Stojakovic requested a trade in the offseason after Chris Webber criticized unnamed Kings players for lacking toughness.

The Latest: Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak told the Los Angeles Times that Odom had not been offered to any team. However, the Sacramento Bee reported Monday that a Stojakovic deal was discussed among Kings officials but turned down by president Geoff Petrie and co-owners Joe and Gavin Maloof.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Webber

The Rumor: Kings forward Chris Webber to the Knicks.

The Reason: Knicks president Isiah Thomas is due to make another shakeup with the disappointing Knicks, who begin the second half at 21-32 but are only five games out of the East's final playoff spot.

The Latest: Webber's contract, which includes three years at over $62 million, will scare away just about every team – well, every team but the Knicks, who, according to the Chicago Tribune, inquired about Webber. The Sacramento Bee reported Monday that there is "strong sentiment within the Kings organization" to trade Webber, not Stojakovic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boozer

The Rumor: Jazz forward Carlos Boozer for Lakers forward Lamar Odom or Lakers forward Caron Butler.

The Reason: Larry Miller recently criticized Boozer's inconsistent play, prompting a face-to-face meeting between the Jazz owner and Utah's prized free-agent signing.

The Latest: Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor told the Desert Morning News that a potential swap with the Lakers is "absolutely ludicrous."

Payton

The Rumor: Celtics point guard Gary Payton to a playoff contender.

The Reason: Payton, who was never in Celtics director of basketball operations Danny Ainge's long-term plans, has asked to be traded.

The Latest: The Boston Herald reported Sunday that there hasn't been much interest in the 36-year-old Payton. The Celtics are seeking a top prospect or a first-round pick. One potential scenario involving Indiana and Seattle would send Payton to the Pacers and bring Sonics rookie center Robert Swift (an Ainge favorite) to Boston.

bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
2/21/2005  10:04 PM
i won't believe that utah will part with boozer until i actually see i with my own eyes.

if they are willing to part with boozer there has to be something else to this story besides basketball

boozer for who again?

no way
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
2/21/2005  10:04 PM
Depends who is going for Webber. As long as it's not Ariza, Sweetney, Marbury, Crawford, or TT ( contract purposes) I'm fine. Which leaves about nobody other than Allan, Penny, Baker, Kurt Thomas, ect
Carlos Boozer on way to LA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy