[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

all is quiet
Author Thread
Starks3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #211
USA
2/21/2005  2:24 PM
Well it seems as though this trading deadline might be like last years....not much movement. You guys think that if say one major deal gets done it was have a trickle down effect on other deals and there could a flurry of deals or just a couple of minor moves.
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AUTOADVERT
Masterplan
Member: #362
2/21/2005  2:54 PM
when exactly is the deadline?
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
2/21/2005  2:59 PM
Posted by Masterplan:

when exactly is the deadline?
I think its the 26th, but im not sure the exact time. Probly 6:00et but im not positive
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/21/2005  3:05 PM
The deadline is the 24th at 3 PM ET.
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
2/21/2005  4:08 PM
I hope isiah doesn't swing a deal just for the heck of it. I'd rather we stay put then do something stupid.
http://allknicks.com
NYK3
Member: #725
USA
2/21/2005  4:45 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

The deadline is the 24th at 3 PM ET.
haha whoa I was way off
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/21/2005  4:58 PM
Posted by teslawlo:

I hope isiah doesn't swing a deal just for the heck of it. I'd rather we stay put then do something stupid.

There was an article saying Isiah wasn't actively looking for trades, but would entertain offers. It also said he would like to just go into the summer and improve by the draft. If we do make a deal, expect a draft pick coming our way, whether it's late first or second rounder.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/21/2005  6:59 PM
................there are times i do enjoy the sound of crickets
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/22/2005  5:06 AM
Anyone else see the deadline passing with nothing major happening? The fact that biggest rumors lately are unrealistic rumors revolving around the Lakers tells me that probably nothing is going to happen.

I could possibly see a minor trade going down... like Aaron McKie getting traded or something like that.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
2/23/2005  6:19 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpYTg2ZTBwBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0bQ--?slug=jl-rumors022105&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Rumor has it …

By Joe Lago, Yahoo! Sports
February 23, 2005

The NBA's trading deadline is Thursday at 3 p.m. ET. Here's the latest talk around the league as of 5 a.m. ET on Wednesday.

Allen

The Rumor: Sonics guard Ray Allen to be shipped out of Seattle.

The Reason: Talks on a contract extension have stalled. Allen's agent is seeking a near-maximum deal of $90 million over five years, while the Sonics are offering a reported $68 million over five years.

The Latest: Allen told the Seattle Times that "there's a great possibility of me being moved" and that Wednesday night's game in New Orleans could be his last with Seattle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas

The Rumor: Knicks forward Kurt Thomas to a championship contender.

The Reason: According to the New York Post, Knicks president Isiah Thomas is desperate to make his team younger by the trading deadline. Problem is, Isiah's only commodity might be the 32-year-old veteran.

The Latest: Kurt Thomas told the Post that he "won't be disappointed" if he is indeed dealt, especially to a title contender like San Antonio. The newspaper also reported Wednesday that Isiah Thomas is not allowed to trade the Knicks' first-round pick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marshall

The Rumor: Raptors forward Donyell Marshall to Indiana, Miami or San Antonio.

The Reason: The Pacers are the latest to join the sweepstakes for Marshall, who has been targeted as the next Raptor to go since Toronto dealt Vince Carter and shifted its focus to building around Chris Bosh. Marshall's expiring contract, which pays him $5.3 million this season, is as appealing as his three-point shooting and rebounding skills.

The Latest: The Indianapolis Star reported Wednesday that Pacers president Larry Bird had "serious conversations" about Marshall, including one deal that would send Scot Pollard to Toronto. Marshall told the Toronto Sun that his agent is trying to get the Raptors to ship him and Milt Palacio to Indiana for Austin Croshere, Anthony Johnson and James Jones. Raptors general manager Rob Babcock told the Toronto Star that the chances of making any deal are "more like 35-65" and wouldn't trade Marshall unless "you're going to get a player who is good for your future." According to the Miami Herald, the Heat are interested in Marshall but would have to include Michael Doleac, one of Miami's key reserves. The Spurs are looking to get rid of Malik Rose and the four years left on his contract.

all is quiet

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy