[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Getting value by trading value: We must trade Kurt before the deadline.
Author Thread
colorfl1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #731
Canada
2/21/2005  10:42 AM
Looking at this Knicks team. It is evident to me that this year was shot by injuries.
In assessing the team, I see some talanted young guys and(aside from Marbs) several average to solid vets.
Kurt Thomas is having a solid year, he has a managable contract and he will be of no use to us by the time the young core players mature into making this team hopeful contenders.
Therefore trade Kurt for youth or draft picks - this season is a wash, we are just waiting to deal next years' expiring contracts.[navy][/navy/
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/21/2005  11:13 AM
damn dude, where you been? The whole forums have been saying 'trade KT for a pick' for a loooong time.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/21/2005  11:23 AM
I'm like whatever at this point. I would like to see Sweetney get starters minutes for a stretch but if its not in the cards life goes on. We are losing at a pretty good clip right now as it is. Imagine if we actually win the damn lottery... who better to play PF next to a guy like Bogut than KT?

I think we should move on from KT but we arent in such a position where we can just dump him for nada
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/21/2005  11:27 AM
Posted by martin:

damn dude, where you been? The whole forums have been saying 'trade KT for a pick' for a loooong time.
?? are you serious? why would anyone want to trade KT?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
2/21/2005  12:07 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I'm like whatever at this point. I would like to see Sweetney get starters minutes for a stretch but if its not in the cards life goes on. We are losing at a pretty good clip right now as it is. Imagine if we actually win the damn lottery... who better to play PF next to a guy like Bogut than KT?

I think we should move on from KT but we arent in such a position where we can just dump him for nada

I wouldnt mind seeing a Chris Anderson/Andrew Bogut front line.Those two together would be scary in the paint.

teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
2/21/2005  1:07 PM
I hope you don't mean the chris andersen thats with the hornets right now. He's a good shotblocker and active dunker in limited minutes, that's the extent of his usefulness. He's a quick fix that won't work very well in extended minutes.
http://allknicks.com
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/21/2005  1:15 PM
He's a good shotblocker and active dunker in limited minutes, that's the extent of his usefulness
That I have absolutely no problem with.

The deadline can't come soon enough for me. I don't care if we make any trades or not, but I just want to put an end to whatever showcasing is going on. Give Ariza and Sweetney some of the big minutes and I will be happy with this season.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
2/21/2005  1:16 PM
Posted by teslawlo:

I hope you don't mean the chris andersen thats with the hornets right now. He's a good shotblocker and active dunker in limited minutes, that's the extent of his usefulness. He's a quick fix that won't work very well in extended minutes.

Andersen has been a bench player his entire career so I wouldnt expect that to change here but coming off the bench,with Bogut at center could be effective especially on D.

A "quick fix" in NY is a veteran whoose better days are behind him.I dont see Andersen as that type of player.If anything he is getting better.
colorfl1
Canada
2/21/2005  1:51 PM
Kurt Thomas is having a solid year, he has a managable contract and he will be of no use to us by the time the young core players mature into making this team hopeful contenders.
Therefore trade Kurt for youth or draft picks
- this season is a wash, we are just waiting to deal next years' expiring contracts
DefAndReb
Member: #336
2/21/2005  4:04 PM
Who wants or needs a player like KT right now? What are they willing to give up for KT? If no one is asking for him (because, as we all know, he's been on the block for a long time now) then he isn't going anywhere. You can't trade a guy just because you want to get rid of him - everyone has a player or two they want to dump on someone else. Another team has to want him. Otherwise, you're in a situation where unwanted gets traded for unwanted, and the Knicks have no need to pull that stuff again.

KT is consistent and useful, but I can't think of any team that needs his type of play for the team to move up to the next level. Most teams need more size, not less.

Sure, let's trade him. The most important question is: who wants him and what are they willing to trade? I tend to think that no one really wants KT, but instead would be willing to take KT so they can dump some other bum on the Knicks, which is really not worth it.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/21/2005  4:55 PM
there are only 2 teams that i see right now that could use and would want kurt thomas and willing to make a deal, that's san antonio and houston. we're not getting much in return, except a late first rounder. so the question is, do you think a pick is more valuable to us than kurt right now? if so, then we must pursue a deal. if not, then we just stay status quo.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/21/2005  7:01 PM
what we *really* need is someone to beat out KT at PF so he comes off the bench. He would be one of the leagues best bench players. He could really give us a spark. Unfortunatly Sweetney didnt do that.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
colorfl1
Canada
2/21/2005  7:12 PM
I would trade Kurt for a project and a late first rounder.

With the season playing out the way it has, it is obvious that we are waiting for a chance to trade next years expiring crop for a keeper whose team is looking for cap relief...

we should stock up on youth...this team isn't going anywhere.

[Edited by - colorfl1 on 02/21/2005 19:16:01]
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/21/2005  7:14 PM
Posted by fishmike:

what we *really* need is someone to beat out KT at PF so he comes off the bench. He would be one of the leagues best bench players. He could really give us a spark. Unfortunatly Sweetney didnt do that.

This is so true.....Sweetney has put together a few good games before the all-star break....still Sweets hasn't beat KT out of his starting spot.....

Knicks still need a shake up....Who knew Boozer was available? no one.....even if they did they didn't know he'd be on the Lakers.....

Isiah has to set the team up either for this years draft or try to trade for more vets.....pronto. This season is a waste anyway.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
DefAndReb
Member: #336
2/21/2005  10:27 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Also, I don't think Kurt is the type of person to be above whining if he gets sent to the bench for a younger player. KT is the type of guy who would probably throw a fit if he had to back up Duncan, much less Sweetney or anyone in between. Not that it matters much this season, but if you put KT on the bench, best be prepared to move him in the summer. Period. Otherwise, you will have a seriously unhappy player making big waves off the court next year, and that will amount to another losing season. The Knicks do not have a leader, so any discord among the players will be that much more damaging. Look at what Spree and ET have done to the Wolves. The Knicks don't need that.

Getting value by trading value: We must trade Kurt before the deadline.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy