[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Briggs (and anyone else not wanting to trade this year's pick)
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/20/2005  10:38 AM
Its rumored Eddie Curry hates playing for Skiles. Assuming we DONT win the lottery and Bogus is gone (trading him isnt up for discussion) would you say trade the #5 pick, Nazr/Baker/Moochie + $3mm for Curry starting at something around $10mm per year

The only concerns w/ Curry at this point ar rebounding and he's average defensively.

Crawford is his best friend and if his agent tell the Bulls he will play for the QO and leave at the end of the year getting a decent lottery pick like we will have should get it done
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/20/2005  10:50 AM
Hell Yeah, But I am sure that Chicago would want #5, Sweets, $3M and a future second rounder.

I would still do it.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/20/2005  10:54 AM
Wow. Please enlighten me you guys. Tell me what I don't see. What do you honestly see this guy developing into? I see a guy with occasional inspired post play and long periods of disappearance. The last time we played them Sweets manhandled him and totally intimidated him. The guy rebounds like a shooting guard. What are you guys seeing ???
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/20/2005  10:57 AM
Posted by Marv:

Wow. Please enlighten me you guys. Tell me what I don't see. What do you honestly see this guy developing into? I see a guy with occasional inspired post play and long periods of disappearance. The last time we played them Sweets manhandled him and totally intimidated him. The guy rebounds like a shooting guard. What are you guys seeing ???
Wow, I always thought u were the Ariza guy and martin was the Sweetney guy. This is weird. Martin says ok for a trade that sends Sweetney for Curry and Marv says, I wont do that.

I really like that new way of sorting when someone quotes a post.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/20/2005  11:03 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Wow, I always thought u were the Ariza guy and martin was the Sweetney guy. This is weird. Martin says ok for a trade that sends Sweetney for Curry and Marv says, I wont do that.

I don't want to lose the #5 for a guy who hasn't convinced me he's not going ot be another Kandi or B Benjamin.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/20/2005  11:37 AM
I'm with Marv on this. I definately don't give up Sweets, but I'd really want to see where the lotto balls take us before thinking about a trade like this.
I'd personally would rather make an offer for Swift than Curry.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/20/2005  11:44 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by Marv:

I really like that new way of sorting when someone quotes a post.

I am a Sweetney guy, but here is my full thought on this.

If I were Thomas I would evaluate the talent hard for what I can get at #5 or whatever pick the Knicks will have. Is that person a big and could they have a real impact within 3 years? If not, the person would HAVE to be a real potential 2-way borderline all-star player at the 1-2-3. Realistically, even if you could draft a player like Paul Pierce, what good is it? In my mind a Paul Pierce player is NOT going to bring you closer to a championship, but a 7-foot version of Paul Pierce – Curry – would probably suffice or at least get you a close stepper.

The Knicks have 2 HUGE expiring contract, Nazr, KT and mid-levels that they are not afraid to use. If you trade for a Curry, you can always buy a defensive minded, shot blocking, ferocious player to go next to him.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/20/2005  11:45 AM
yeah definitely not Sweetney. and maybe not out pick either. If Bogut is gone Let's see how some of these other centers in the draft look in rookie camp guys like Fran Vazquez & the 7'2 Russian. I thought for Sure that Currywas going to have a big year and he hasn'tI still see a ton of 4reb games from him and at his size that is unexceptable! I wouldn't
give up more than Ariza and Nazr for him.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/20/2005  11:46 AM
i doubt we get 5, i think 6 is best case scenario. what would i like to do? trade marbury and pick 6 for pick 1 and move crawford to PG
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/20/2005  12:08 PM
I worry that trading for Curry would come back to bite us a la Nene/Camby for Dyess. For one thing, Sweets DID handle Curry and force him out of the game in the NYK/Bulls game at the Garden. Also, there are enough good prospects at 6 that make it worth sticking around. I'd take Warrick, and theres a chance Taft hangs around that long. Also Shelden Williams would be a good pick. Fran Vasquez seems interesting.

I don't hate the idea of trading the pick with Sweets, but I don't trust Eddy Curry either. I just think that if we can draft size, it's better.

¿ △ ?
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/20/2005  12:31 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

i doubt we get 5, i think 6 is best case scenario. what would i like to do? trade marbury and pick 6 for pick 1 and move crawford to PG

I wouldn't mind that at all, but you know perfectly well that it ain't happening.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/20/2005  12:33 PM
curry and sweetney will not work together. they are both post players. so we'd have to either make sweets a 6th man or move him and get an athletic defensive minded 4.
MikeFromNY
Member: #870
2/20/2005  1:01 PM
Curry has never rebounded more than 6.2 per game (5.5 this year).

I don't understand what's the matter with him, but it's not something we need.
gunsnewing
USA
2/20/2005  1:09 PM
Posted by MikeFromNY:

Curry has never rebounded more than 6.2 per game (5.5 this year).

I don't understand what's the matter with him, but it's not something we need.

exactly. there's always a slight chance that he will play harder in New York. But definitely not worth trading Sweetney for. The chances of him playing harder in New York are worst than Jamal Crawford improving his shot selection. We all hoped that in NY crawford would play smarter and become a very good player and help us win. He's shown signs but but not enough and we're losing.

is an Ariza/Nazr trade for Curry possible since both sides have question marks.

Will Ariza ever shoot well enough? and will Curry ever try harder?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/20/2005  1:16 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Ive been the poster boy for NOT trading MArbury around here, but if that was an option I would do it. Its much easier to get quality wing players with the MLE than it is to get frontcourt guys. You could probably get Bobby Simmons and Earl Watson if you were smart. Get those guys to be you 1-2 rotation.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
USA
2/20/2005  1:20 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Ive been the poster boy for NOT trading MArbury around here, but if that was an option I would do it. Its much easier to get quality wing players with the MLE than it is to get frontcourt guys. You could probably get Bobby Simmons and Earl Watson if you were smart. Get those guys to be you 1-2 rotation.

sounds great but Isiah is never trading Steph and steph would go into a deep depression if he did lol
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/20/2005  3:28 PM
i don’t think you’ll be getting too much opposition [on this forum] over curry going to new york...the main issue I have is curry baiting a trade with the excuse [if the rumour has any truth] of his dislike for skiles. if curry was the franchise player maybe quite a few opinions could be swayed in being apathetic to his comments...but he’s not and guess what, if we get saunders, westphal, or whoever, i hope that’s not a conflict in curry’s ability in playing to win. btw....trading sweetny now is not a good idea and i cant see star being traded now or anytime soon....... forgetaboutit
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/20/2005  3:51 PM
It would have to be more like #6, Sweetney, Baker & Norris for Curry(S&T). But hey. If we could buy a late first rder and take Blatch, or Simien. Or offer Swift guranteed big mins at starting PF spot in a S&T or Muhammad & extra incentive for maybe Kwame.

Curry,Kwame,Ariza,Crawford,Marbury. We can all dream.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/20/2005  7:09 PM
First of all, if we take Warrick, I'm gonna quit being a Knick fan till a GM with half a brain is in charge.

As one of my freinds says, Warrick is a Knick fan IQ test, if you actually want to draft him, you don't know enough about the Knicks.

The problem with Curry is that he is like a lottery pick. You still don't know what you are gettin with him despite the talent. Yet, he is a 7 footer with game, and considering what our coaching staff has gotten Mohammed the Stiff to do in the post once in a while, he could become a monster here. His rebounding is a big question, as in how do you not walk into at least 8 a game just by being 7 feet tall, but I think if anything, that can be worked on.

He might never get 10 rebounds a game for an average per year, but he can put up a respectable 8 bounds a game, and if he puts up 26 pts to go alogn with it on .500+ shooting, and gets about 2 blks a game, just get a guy like, say Chandler next to him.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
SKY
Member: #687
USA
2/20/2005  8:13 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Yes, trading Marbury and having Craw play PG - something I have said since the beginning of the year. Craw can play PG fine. He just needs to learn a bit more.
Briggs (and anyone else not wanting to trade this year's pick)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy