[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So I broke out my stash of NBA All Star Weekend tapes and....
Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
2/20/2005  7:12 PM
Posted by simrud:

I mean, cmon, you really think he was like, "Aight, I got my big contract, from this day on, I shall not dunk, rebound, pass or play defense”?
I absolutely think that. I think he got afraid of driving into traffic and just stuck to hitting jumpshots which is fine. In 99, I remember him running around with Reggie playing really good defense on him. Didnt see him do much of that later on even though he wasnt injured. But overall he wasnt a gifted player in anyway. All he had was a sweet jumpshot. The teams demise is not his fault. Even though he drove to the hoop every once in a while upto 1999, he stopped doing that after that year. I am not blaming him for being a bad player but I do think he hasnt even played to his best after he signed the contract.
It’s not Houston's fault for being garbage, it’s our GM's fault for giving that garbage a franchise player deal.
Thats exactly what I have been saying from day one. You cannot make a jumpshooter your best player. It his not his fault for taking the money. Its not his fault for being a bad player. Its not his fault for being one-dimensional either because everyone knew exactly what he was.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
2/20/2005  10:19 PM
i agree with silver and simrud to a point. You guys need to realize Houston is not a sprewell-type that plays however he likes and gives whatever effort he feels like. Houston is a true pro and a non-complainer. You won't see him going around talking about how much time he spent in the gym yesterday. He just does his job. I believe he has given max effort in every single game he has played. Perception is everything. Perhaps if he had a wild 'fro and yelled at everyone while going crazy it would appear to more fans as if he was trying "more" somehow?
http://allknicks.com
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
2/21/2005  1:20 AM
I really don't care if he was trying or not, the point is, he was not even close to what his contract demanded of him.

Not his fault, but he still was prolly one of the most overpaid players ever.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
So I broke out my stash of NBA All Star Weekend tapes and....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy