[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marvin Williams was awesome today
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/19/2005  4:34 PM
if he played 4o minutes, he wouldve score 45 and had 20 rebounds.

he did score 16 and 10 rebounds in 16 minutes anyway, some inside, some outside. I took a real good look at him again today, and he is definitely 1B in the draft. he can play 4 in the nBA, he reminds me of another NC player antwan jamison but this kid is more ferocious, this kid is a tiger.
ive only seen him play marginally once against uconn, other than that, the kid has been spectacular. No one is going to be upset with either of pick 1 or 2 and I'll leave it there.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
MikeFromNY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #870
2/19/2005  5:00 PM
I need to make some kind of list of all the college teams I should be paying attention to.

I don't even know which teams most of these guys are on.
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
2/19/2005  5:48 PM
I like Marvin Williams, dudes gonna be a star. But Briggs is he coming out this year?
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
2/19/2005  5:49 PM
Yea I also saw the UNC game today and Marvin impressed me once again. This kid is gonna be pretty darn good...
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
2/19/2005  5:50 PM
Posted by MikeFromNY:

I need to make some kind of list of all the college teams I should be paying attention to.

i'm usually pretty in tune w/college ball, but now that the knicks suck so bad, that's pretty much all i watch.

unc
duke
pitt
kansas
uconn....
there all teams w/real prospects, but you also have to keep your eye out for the lower teir teams. brandon bass(lsu)/moussa badianne(e.carolina)/travis diener(marquette) just to name a few that could be viable options in the second rnd. keep your eye out Mark.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/19/2005  8:59 PM
Posted by daddynel:
Posted by MikeFromNY:

i'm usually pretty in tune w/college ball, but now that the knicks suck so bad, that's pretty much all i watch.

unc
duke
pitt
kansas
uconn....
there all teams w/real prospects, but you also have to keep your eye out for the lower teir teams. brandon bass(lsu)/moussa badianne(e.carolina)/travis diener(marquette) just to name a few that could be viable options in the second rnd. keep your eye out Mark.

I try to watch anyone who I think may be a prospect. I watched parts of 9 games today, but the guys I key on are bigs. Two guys I have been following are Nick Fezekas and Dwane Jones. they were both on TV today, I have full court but it usually has mostly top tier teams.

Fezekas is a 7 foot F and inside outside player who also block shots. hes skinny, but very fluid with a beautiful touch. I posted the other day about Jones and Fezekas on the Boston Celtics REAL GM thread, because they have picks 16+20+45. I said they should pick Granger Fezekas and Jones and they basically said I didnt know WTF I was talking about. The difference is I watch the guys, and I feel I know what Im talking about. They were all hot on a player named Tayler Copenrath from Vermont and today VT played Nevada and Fezekas dropped 32 points and 14 rebounds on them.

Jones is a definite poor mans Camby, hes got the same type of athletiscm with a sturdier frame about the same size 6-11 235. No post game, and cant shoot it past 10 feet but an EXCELLENT rebounder shot blocker garbage man dunker. he went for a triple double today 11 pts 12 rebounds 10 blocks and is 4th in the nation in rebounding.

Fezekas will be a guy IF he comes out, but he might, not to many 7 footers in the NBA who can play 3-4-5 with his skill, that will go mid range pick, probably after us. Jones on the other hand makes a tremendous amount of sense for us if we can pick up an early 2.

that why I keep saying , it would be great for us if we could acquire 3-4 picks in the top 40, so we could re-energize the team and take some risks on guy s like Jones.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=8114

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=15206
RIP Crushalot😞
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
2/20/2005  10:49 PM
just a thought that it has been said that williams won't come out early. I remember reading from multiple sources that he wants to do it "the right way" and get a college education.
http://allknicks.com
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/21/2005  12:44 PM
I love this marvin williams kid also, he is the type of guy you can build a team around, if the knicks get a top 6 pick and he is there, I would take him in a heartbeat...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Marvin Williams was awesome today

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy