[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

SI: Marbury Most Overrated player
Author Thread
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
2/21/2005  1:21 AM
Wow,you criticize Marbury now for anything and you are a "hater".I defended Marbury on this board when a bunch of posters were ready to put him on the next plane out of town.Guess I was secretly hating Marbury and didnt even know it.

When you call yourself the best PG in the league and say that Jason Kidd isnt at your level then you are going to have the press trot out stats and people that say otherwise.

This "what he really meant to say" stuff is moronic.Jason Kidd said it best..

"That's how he feels," Kidd said after playing just 34 minutes but making some key plays. "Everyone has the right to their own opinion. For me, I've learned from the (John) Stocktons and Magic Johnsons of the world – just go out there and play – and win."
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/21/2005  8:18 AM
I think most of us want to like Steph, but he has not exactly had a winning/likable attidude in his three previous stops, and while he is putting up good numbers, he has not lead this team as expected when he was named captain, and if rumors are correct, some want to beat his ass silly.

I want to like him, but he has to earn it.

Spree was given a lot of rope cuz he kept his mouth shut and his problems in the locker room, and did his buisness on the court.

Steph wants more, he wants to lead this team, be a celeberty, and win. We know he can score, but he has not done (for many reasons not his fault)been a good leader, his celeberty is really just as a ball player whom does not appeal to a wide audience, is a grumpy selfish leader, and has not able to win.

When it happens, he will be loved. Otherwise, he gets paid nice and I don't feel bad for him.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
2/21/2005  10:27 AM
Posted by Nalod:

I think most of us want to like Steph, but he has not exactly had a winning/likable attidude in his three previous stops, and while he is putting up good numbers, he has not lead this team as expected when he was named captain, and if rumors are correct, some want to beat his ass silly.

I want to like him, but he has to earn it.

Spree was given a lot of rope cuz he kept his mouth shut and his problems in the locker room, and did his buisness on the court.

Steph wants more, he wants to lead this team, be a celeberty, and win. We know he can score, but he has not done (for many reasons not his fault)been a good leader, his celeberty is really just as a ball player whom does not appeal to a wide audience, is a grumpy selfish leader, and has not able to win.

When it happens, he will be loved. Otherwise, he gets paid nice and I don't feel bad for him.

Good post Nalod.I dont want to see Marbury dealt....yet,especially since he just got here.I agree that he does make Knicks fans conflicted for the reasons you gave.

I can give him a pass for now because he doesnt have a team that can compete night in and night out(not to mention a new coach)but it would be nice to see the Marbury led Knicks win a few they werent expected to against better teams.I really havent seen much of that this season,less so than before it seems which is very depressing.

Most of us have been waiting years for someone with Marbury's skills to come to the Knicks and in his prime.Id like to see what he can do with a real team before he is possibly moved.
SI: Marbury Most Overrated player

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy