lol
LOL! He's actually making sense now
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/22/2005  5:35 PM
Posted by Solace:

What's the joke? The self-proclaimed best PG in the NBA has us talking lottery. Surely we can do better.

Hey, if somebody asked you who you thought the best UltimateKnicks.com message board poster was, I'm sure there would be 3 to 5 guys that say themselves...let's get off the 'self proclaimed' attacks...it was a setup question and he answered just like we all would answer.

Being humble is not the Coney Island way, and him saying he was the best point guard (coming off of 2 consecutive 30 point/8 assist games and the team winning all the games and then facing the cross river rivals PG) made me proud to be a knick fan.

Yeah baby...GO KNICKS!

all kool aid all the time.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/22/2005  8:56 PM
Posted by rvhoss:
Posted by Solace:

What's the joke? The self-proclaimed best PG in the NBA has us talking lottery. Surely we can do better.

Hey, if somebody asked you who you thought the best UltimateKnicks.com message board poster was, I'm sure there would be 3 to 5 guys that say themselves...let's get off the 'self proclaimed' attacks...it was a setup question and he answered just like we all would answer.

Being humble is not the Coney Island way, and him saying he was the best point guard (coming off of 2 consecutive 30 point/8 assist games and the team winning all the games and then facing the cross river rivals PG) made me proud to be a knick fan.

Yeah baby...GO KNICKS!

They're going alright... straight down the toilet.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/23/2005  8:15 AM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by rvhoss:
Posted by Solace:

Yeah baby...GO KNICKS!

They're going alright... straight down the toilet.
Yeah, they need Van Horn's 10/5 to save them
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/23/2005  8:58 AM
Here is a crazy thought....

How about trading Marbury for Andre Miller, Nene and Skita.

A Denver Lineup of
PG-Marbury
SG-Carmelo
SF-Rodney White
PF-KMart
C-Camby

would be awesome!

We get a pass first PG to play with Jamal. We get our center in Nene. We have a young euro-PF/SF that we can check to see if he is worth the extension.

I would do it.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/23/2005  9:20 AM
Here is another crazy thought...

Marbury/KT/Moochie for Brian Grant/Odom/Caron Butler/1st Rd Pick

A Laker lineup of

PG-Marbury
SG-Kobe
SF-George
PF-KT
C-Mihm

Would be formidable.

Our lineup would be

PG-Jamal
SG-Ariza
SF-Butler
PF-Odom
C-Brian Grant

Bench - Sweetney, Nazr, Penny, TT, JYD
Solace
USA
2/23/2005  11:42 AM
I think both trades are under the assumption that Marbury is more valuable than he is. I don't see either team going for either offer.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/23/2005  11:47 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

Here is a crazy thought....

How about trading Marbury for Andre Miller, Nene and Skita.

A Denver Lineup of
PG-Marbury
SG-Carmelo
SF-Rodney White
PF-KMart
C-Camby

would be awesome!

We get a pass first PG to play with Jamal. We get our center in Nene. We have a young euro-PF/SF that we can check to see if he is worth the extension.

I would do it.

I love this trade soooo much but again Marbury is not getting traded
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
2/23/2005  11:56 AM
Posted by Solace:

I think both trades are under the assumption that Marbury is more valuable than he is. I don't see either team going for either offer.

What are you talking about, teams are already asking for Marbury but Zeke has refuse to put him on the table. It is known now that Kiki wanted Marbs when he was in Phoenix but was trying to cut salary to sign free agents, remember Miller was plan "B" for them. Believe me, Isiah would have no trouble trading Marbury, especially in the west. If you take Nene off that list and add Camby, Denver would love to that trade. They want someone to take Miller and their bust of a draft pick.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2005  12:00 PM

I like the Denver idea. It almost reversed the dice trade. can we resign Frank Williams to just ship him back for the hell of it?

Skita-Sweet at pf is a nice combo. NayNay has huge upside.

It also allows us to just let some contracts die off. We can also get a nice player with our pick, you can get a good guard at the 5-7 pick!

I just don't think Denver has the balls for that. Or its a great deal for them. Kmart, melo, marbs is a formatable trio.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/23/2005  12:01 PM
I think its worth a shot if Isiah would consider it. Hpefully Andre would go back to playing like he did with the Cavs when he averaged 10assists. The Key would be getting Nene. He's everything a center should be. It would make us less desperate for Bogut and we could still take the best talent available and turn kurt/nazr/tt/penny into final pieces of a championship puzzle!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2005  12:24 PM
Under no circumstances do we take camby back. Only to further the trade as cap friendly for Denver. We got the money. They can have Penny or TT. But I can't see Denver making a championship run thru the west with Marcus Bambi as the center!

If we are rebuilding, Marbury should be traded as the catalyst for the youth movement. This is not a Marbury hating moment, but you trade your best player to make this happen. Miller and Craw is still a good back court.
Pharzeone
2/23/2005  12:40 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Under no circumstances do we take camby back. Only to further the trade as cap friendly for Denver. We got the money. They can have Penny or TT. But I can't see Denver making a championship run thru the west with Marcus Bambi as the center!

If we are rebuilding, Marbury should be traded as the catalyst for the youth movement. This is not a Marbury hating moment, but you trade your best player to make this happen. Miller and Craw is still a good back court.

I agree. That is the only way I trade Marbury. If I know I am getting cap relief, YOUNG and TALENTED players, and picks. Not for an Odom, where I know in a year this board will be fill with we got to trade Odom. That gets you nowhere, it you really don't mind rebuilding like everyone claims then really blow it up and don't take back any baggage. That means you say no to any trade for all-stars over a certain age and $ amount (unless they are expiring contracts that come with picks).
Pharzeone
2/23/2005  12:46 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I like the Denver idea. It almost reversed the dice trade. can we resign Frank Williams to just ship him back for the hell of it?

Skita-Sweet at pf is a nice combo. NayNay has huge upside.

It also allows us to just let some contracts die off. We can also get a nice player with our pick, you can get a good guard at the 5-7 pick!

They do, Miller is like being blame for Carmelo's trouble this year, Kiki wants to get past that Skita pick (if not for Layden being an idiot, Kiki probably would have been on the hot seat or out as GM, Layden really help him out). That is what I am saying Kiki ain't dumb, he knows that you don't cut off your right hand to save your left. Camby will be part of any package not Nene (probably in another year K-Mart too).
I just don't think Denver has the balls for that. Or its a great deal for them. Kmart, melo, marbs is a formatable trio.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/23/2005  1:13 PM
we dont need expiring contracts, we need players, especially up front. We have no skill and no athleticism up front. If I could get Odom and the Laker's #1 for Marbury I would do it. Thats a good trade. Forget about Dre Miller, he sucks
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Solace
USA
2/23/2005  1:27 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Solace:

What are you talking about, teams are already asking for Marbury but Zeke has refuse to put him on the table. It is known now that Kiki wanted Marbs when he was in Phoenix but was trying to cut salary to sign free agents, remember Miller was plan "B" for them. Believe me, Isiah would have no trouble trading Marbury, especially in the west. If you take Nene off that list and add Camby, Denver would love to that trade. They want someone to take Miller and their bust of a draft pick.

Both of those offers are asking too much of the other team. The Denver offer wasn't that bad, but the Laker offer was ridiculous.

[Edited by - Solace on 02/23/2005 13:29:49]
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/23/2005  2:28 PM
What about Marbury for Dale Davis, Speedy Claxton and Golden State's #1?

P.S: I don't wanna trade Marbury.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/23/2005  2:49 PM
Posted by eViL:

What about Marbury for Dale Davis, Speedy Claxton and Golden State's #1?

P.S: I don't wanna trade Marbury.
Then don't; keep him and *patiently* build around him. "Patiently" means give him more than two half seasons!
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/23/2005  3:06 PM
Go read my other posts. I'm all about patience. I'm putting this in this thread because it's a thread about trading Marbury. Just because I don't want to trade him doesn't mean I can't randomly come up with a trade that would nab us some cap relief, a replacement point guard and a high pick. Imagine us with a shot at drafting twice in the top 7, that would be kinda cool.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
Trade Idea (Marbury)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy