Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/16/2002  1:42 PM
Tennessee's Haislip Enters the Draft
By:
Date: March 15, 2002

6-10 power forward, Marcus Haislip of Tennessee, has decided to enter the draft this year. He hasn't made up his mind if he'll sign with an agent, so he could change his mind, if he feels he isn't drafted as high as expected, but that isn't likely. He is expected to stay in the draft and be a sure-fire first round pick. Haislip is clearly a high prospect, he has good size, great mobilty and athleticism, a 40-inch vertical leap, and can run the floor. He can also play defense and is a decent rebounder.

At the moment, he is being looked upon as possibly being drafted from the 5th pick to the 20th pick, but that could change depending on who else comes out and how well he plays in the workouts. He improved drastically from last season and throughout this year, but his team didn't play well. His potential is as great as anyone's his size and that could mean he could battle for a to pick in the draft, if he plays his cards correctly.

AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/16/2002  7:03 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Tennessee's Haislip Enters the Draft
By:
Date: March 15, 2002

6-10 power forward, Marcus Haislip of Tennessee, has decided to enter the draft this year. He hasn't made up his mind if he'll sign with an agent, so he could change his mind, if he feels he isn't drafted as high as expected, but that isn't likely. He is expected to stay in the draft and be a sure-fire first round pick. Haislip is clearly a high prospect, he has good size, great mobilty and athleticism, a 40-inch vertical leap, and can run the floor. He can also play defense and is a decent rebounder.

At the moment, he is being looked upon as possibly being drafted from the 5th pick to the 20th pick, but that could change depending on who else comes out and how well he plays in the workouts. He improved drastically from last season and throughout this year, but his team didn't play well. His potential is as great as anyone's his size and that could mean he could battle for a to pick in the draft, if he plays his cards correctly.
I saw a Haislip article - a different one - online a day or so ago - about how his coach polled 10 NBA GMs and they all said Haislip is going to go from 10-20 in the first round if he comes out this year.
Knixkik
USA
3/16/2002  7:23 PM
I think he will be a good nba player, but not good enough for us to draft in the first round. He's very similar to Drew Gooden, but not quite as good.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
3/17/2002  6:55 AM
He reminds me of Marcus Camby, but he has more muscle. I think his teammate, Vincent Yarbrough, is a better prospect. I've seen quite a lot of SEC ball this year and when I've watched the Vols, Haislip has been very effective but basic. On the other hand, Yarbro has shown that he can do it all: inside and outside, dribbling, passing, mid-range jumpshooting, 3-pt shooting, dunking...
We suck.
Knixkik
USA
3/17/2002  5:40 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

He reminds me of Marcus Camby, but he has more muscle. I think his teammate, Vincent Yarbrough, is a better prospect. I've seen quite a lot of SEC ball this year and when I've watched the Vols, Haislip has been very effective but basic. On the other hand, Yarbro has shown that he can do it all: inside and outside, dribbling, passing, mid-range jumpshooting, 3-pt shooting, dunking...
Yarbrough is a fun player to watch, but guys like him coming to the league are a dime a dozen. Players like Haislip are becoming more frequent, but there still aren't a lot like him, which is why he's probably regarded as a better prospect.
Marcus Haislip Declares

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy