[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Steph Fueled Van Horn Trade
Author Thread
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
2/18/2005  11:35 PM
All the stars need to be aligned for TT to play good defense. He needs to try first which he does once in a blue moon, and even when he does it isn't very good. At least KVH tried. TT just doesn't care. To him, his contract is guaranteed so it need not be earned. There's no sense of pride whatsoever. KVH is not going to be shutting down Vince or LeBron, but at least you know he's going to try his best. I'll take a talentless choker who tries over a talented prima donna who's fugazy.

Nazy is far from quality too. He works hard, which is commendable, but he has proven that he, like Doleac is no answer to our frontcourt problems. I wouldn't give up a second rounder for him.

I was actually one of the proponents of the deal, but I'm now willing to admit it was a BAD deal. As for the original thread topic, if Marbury had anything to do with this, it is another sad indictment of his poor personality.

[Edited by - nykdunk on 02/18/2005 23:37:23]
AUTOADVERT
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/19/2005  12:26 AM
i hope this signature trade is not reason why some say tank season for lottery picks
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/19/2005  10:51 AM
Posted by TMS:

dude, both KVH & TT's contracts expire after next season.

And Keith's is a more valuable trade asset at $15mil
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
2/19/2005  1:35 PM
I am convince that Solace is somehow related to KVH or possibly is KVH. He is like a forgetten man in Terry Porter's world. Just some stiff taking up space. If you guys like to make fun of TT, why do you stop there. Why don't you repeat the stuff that K-Mart said about him, or Kidd, or Byron Scott, or Marbury. Also Solace you want to trade Marbury but according to you, he put up big numbers with Marbury, so I don't understand your logic. BTW, I wouldn't quote, that Telfair book too much it has been discredited by so many people. It accuse Georgia Tech of trying to bribe him to come there, Paul Hewitt got the author to admit he wasn't able to check out the source. Several newspapers other than NY papers of course have discredit the book as not being supported. Bascially they are calling the author and the Telfairs a bunch of liars. Why would Marbury hide that he has let everyone else know what he thought of them before.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
TheFuture
Member: #807
Bangladesh
2/19/2005  2:42 PM
Solice is the reincarnation of K9, a once proud KVH fan from a long time ago. He used to post on NYDAILY NEWS. lol......lol.... Then again he might be PLAYA ???
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/19/2005  2:55 PM
I don't know, Pharzeone1997.

I'd gladly be Keith Van Horn and take that sort of money. I'll say that. But something tells me if I was Van Horn, I wouldn't waste my time considering the amount of money I'd be making. Just a thought.

Truth is that we're terrible this year and this team has no future as-is. Like Van Horn or not, you can't deny that. Anyone who disagrees just isn't watching.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/19/2005  5:40 PM
Lets look at this a different way. maybe Marbs did have a hand in this trade, but not for the obvious? Perhaps He wanted Miss Gazy? Maybe they are buds and thought a 6-10 athletic wing would help the team more than KVH?

Hey, I like a conspiricy as much as the next guy, but this faux drama thing is really a yawn anyway. The whole notion of the Telfair book is kinda a dud. The guy went 13th, and with other High Schoolers going, the book floped.

Telfair looks to be the real deal and will still need time. I would love him in with the Nets!
Pharzeone
2/21/2005  1:10 PM
I buy that theory more, than he was out to get KVH out of here. Look don't get me wrong, I use to be a fan of KVH and TT when they first came in the league together. It was that whole, big men can do it all thing. But the truth of the matter is that both players have never live up to the their true potential. TT is soft but KVH is just as soft. Though I will say this, TT is a better late game player than KVH while KVH gets going in the 1st quarter. Don't know what to make of that. Just looking at ESPN stats, both players are near equal in stats. So it is a wash. Plus, I think KVH needs players to get him the ball much like H20. That is the problem I had with the KVH, Spree trade. That is the problem I had with TT just sitting out by 3 pointland when he first got here. KVH needs a slasher like Marbury to be very effective. Marbury hates players that need him to penetrate to get off their shot, that is the problem he has with KT, KVH and TT. He wears down like that. I mean I don't even understand KT, he doesn't even try to post up anymore. That is why Marbs love Sweet, Marion, Big Stout, Riz, they play the post, take the punishment or they slash to the basket for themselves.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/21/2005  1:15 PM
Well then maybe Marbs can get Craw to move more without the ball, cut towards the hoop. Then find him.
Pharzeone
2/21/2005  2:06 PM
Posted by Marv:

Well then maybe Marbs can get Craw to move more without the ball, cut towards the hoop. Then find him.

That is something Herb should be doing during the first quarter of these games. Turning Crawford into a slasher at the start to make guys respect him early in the game and then in the third quarter have him shoot from the outside. Don't understand, why they just don't drill it into the young man, to mix it up early so the defense can't adjust to you late. I mean, he is the rare talented player who can play a traditional 1, 2, and swingman without trying to do so. Him and Riza are the two best slashers but everyone knows Riza jumper is spotty, so they just bare down and try to get a charge on him.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/22/2005  12:12 PM
Posted by Solace:

The point is that Tim Thomas sucks and Marbury is a jerk and needs to be traded.

Yes, we would've been considerably better with a healthy Van Horn putting up 17 and 7. Next question.
If you're gonna live in the past rather than Van Horn's current abilities, then why not just pretend we have a 25/6/6 superstar named Penny Hardaway?
Pharzeone
2/22/2005  7:12 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:

The point is that Tim Thomas sucks and Marbury is a jerk and needs to be traded.

Yes, we would've been considerably better with a healthy Van Horn putting up 17 and 7. Next question.
If you're gonna live in the past rather than Van Horn's current abilities, then why not just pretend we have a 25/6/6 superstar named Penny Hardaway?

LOL
Bonn1997
USA
2/22/2005  7:20 PM
Posted by Solace:

I don't know, Pharzeone1997.
Oh I just noticed that now. Pharzeone is not me. It's a different person who just happens to also be very smart
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/22/2005  8:59 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:

I can't argue with broken logic, Bonn. I submit to the powers of anti-logic. You and Pharzeone can form a clan: dumb and dumber.
Bonn1997
USA
2/23/2005  8:17 AM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:

I can't argue with broken logic, Bonn. I submit to the powers of anti-logic. You and Pharzeone can form a clan: dumb and dumber.
Broken logic would be thinking Van Horn could help the team. Maybe you and Briggs can find a third person to form the Three Stooges. What's Islesfan up to these days?
Steph Fueled Van Horn Trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy