Steph Fueled Van Horn Trade
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/18/2005  1:25 PM
Posted by nykdunk:

What about our record with Marbury and KVH playing together? Or what about our record with KVH playing under Isiah?

Were they 10-18 when they acquired Marbs? Or was that when Zeke took over? That number sticks in my mind for some reason. Oh, okay, I just looked it up, 10-18 was when Zeke came:

14-21 when they acquired Marbury, 25-29 when KVH was traded. So you guys are complaining about a team being broken that was on a red hot 11-8 streak? A YEAR AFTER THE TRADE?

Face it, guys, they were in an easy part of their schedule when those wins came anyway. They had a bad record in February because they went on a Western road trip where they went 0-6. The record against Western teams on the road with KVH and Marbs? 0-3. Maybe they just weren't very good outside the weak-ass East.

That trade has never bothered me. Also, anyone arguing we should have kept KVH should look at his injuries since the trade. He had a hot stretch right after the trade, but then he got injured and he hasn't been the same since. You could actually make the argument that Tim Thomas has been the better player this year, sick as it sounds.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
Stevo718
Member: #559
2/18/2005  2:02 PM
i'm glad marbury got kvh traded, kvh is garbage.

i'm telling you guys come playoffs or crunchtime and you apply pressure on kvh he crumbles... hes softer then a wet cornflake
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/18/2005  2:17 PM
Solace, how much better than 21-32 do you think our record would be if we replaced TT's 10/3 with Van Horn's 10/5? Maybe 23-30? Then if you replace Nazy's 11 and 8 with Doleac's 2 and 2 or whatever he's putting up, you're probably down to far worse than 21-32. That would get us a better pick in the draft, but I doubt you are against the trade simply because you want to lose more and get a better pick. None of the four players in the trade are part of the long-term picture anyway. Their expiring contracts should be traded for players who will be part of the long-term picture. And Isiah already replaced Van Horn with someone who's much better to have in the long-term at the same position anyway (Ariza).
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
2/18/2005  2:49 PM
Posted by Stevo718:

i'm telling you guys come playoffs or crunchtime and you apply pressure on kvh he crumbles... hes softer then a wet cornflake

Good thing we have TT instead. He crumbles at the very thought of someone touching him.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/18/2005  2:52 PM
Posted by nykdunk:
Posted by Stevo718:

Good thing we have TT instead. He crumbles at the very thought of someone touching him.
I think you meant to say good thing we have Ariza instead at SF

Or maybe good thing we have Nazy instead. He's the only one of the four players in that trade who's played respectably

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/18/2005 14:53:39]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/18/2005  2:56 PM
fellas, i love you all, but can we please get past the whole tim/kvh/nazy/doleac trade?!??!

in the grand scheme of things, it didn't mean anything. we weren't a championship level team before and we're not a championship level team now.

let's all move on...
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
2/18/2005  3:03 PM
Did anyone actually think Isiah thought KVH was his type of player? Not a big playoff guy, not a big clutch guy, not a big player. I mean at the the time I though the Knicks should have waited to the summer to do that trade since they had chemistry then, but ultimetly it doesn't really matter since they weren't going to win last year and wouldn't this year even if we had Van Horn
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/18/2005  3:08 PM
The point is that Tim Thomas sucks and Marbury is a jerk and needs to be traded.

Yes, we would've been considerably better with a healthy Van Horn putting up 17 and 7. Next question.
nykdunk
USA
2/18/2005  3:12 PM
In the grand scheme of things, TT might lead us to a better lotto pick, but that wasn't what Isiah had planned. He also gave up a second rounder, which given his drafting record would have been invaluable. The reason I'm still harping on that trade is to be consistant in what I bash.
matt
Member: #487
USA
2/18/2005  4:26 PM
Posted by Solace:

The point is that Tim Thomas sucks and Marbury is a jerk and needs to be traded.

Yes, we would've been considerably better with a healthy Van Horn putting up 17 and 7. Next question.

Okay, so instead of being about 10 games under .500, we're about 10, maybe more above. We still wouldn't be winning anything big this year other than Atlantic division, so what's the arguement? At least TT's contract expires at the end of this year so we could get something decent at the 3 posistion or just put Ariza there.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/18/2005  4:28 PM
Posted by nykdunk:

In the grand scheme of things, TT might lead us to a better lotto pick, but that wasn't what Isiah had planned. He also gave up a second rounder, which given his drafting record would have been invaluable. The reason I'm still harping on that trade is to be consistant in what I bash.

Think of it this way: Zeke gave up TT for KVH and a second rounder for Nazr. Think Nazr is worth a second rounder? I do.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
2/18/2005  4:29 PM
If you're going to look at it that way, you still have to add Doleac to the mix, but I agree, I still think it was worth it.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/18/2005  4:35 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

If you're going to look at it that way, you still have to add Doleac to the mix, but I agree, I still think it was worth it.

crap, forgot about the big white dude. Still would do it.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nykdunk
USA
2/18/2005  8:00 PM
Posted by martin:

Think of it this way: Zeke gave up TT for KVH and a second rounder for Nazr. Think Nazr is worth a second rounder? I do.

If the second rounder is another Ariza type, which Isiah is great at finding, no I don't do it.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/18/2005  8:10 PM
remember though, doleac was supposed to clear waivers and we were gonna resign him (Atlanta agreed) but denver stepped in and messed it up.
Posted by martin:
Posted by MaTT4281:

crap, forgot about the big white dude. Still would do it.
all kool aid all the time.
TheFuture
Member: #807
Bangladesh
2/18/2005  9:13 PM
The bottom line is that KVH played solid for us and we turned out back on him for TT & Nazy, what did we get ?? a Fugazy & a center with no hopps around the rim ( always misses game winning shots at the rim ) ... lol..lol... Anyone here who can seriously say that we are better off with TT & Nazy are well........ some what anebriaded !!
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
2/18/2005  9:15 PM
Ok, pretend you got to keep KVH over TT. Now imagine we had Doleac as our C vs. Nazr. Is it worth it?
bbaii
Member: #869
2/18/2005  10:06 PM
I have never understood this debate. Doleac's a stiff and KVH is a horrible choker. He's a reasonably talented player, but I'd probably tell him to leave the Garden if he's on my team in a high pressure situation. Plus, his contract is sticking around for longer.

On the other hand, you've got Tim Thomas, whom I really dislike, but whose contract is gone SOON and you've got Nazr. Nazr's not a superstar, but he's the only quality player involved in the whole business. Moreover, given Nazr's stats, his trade value will definitely go up.

So let's break it down. We gave up the useless Doleac and the awful KVH and a 2nd round pick (the only real loss). We GET the marginally useful, but incredibly annoying Thomas (with an expiring contract) and the useful piece\trade bait Nazr........ We may not be better for that trade this very moment, who can say whether KVH would be averaging 22\9 in an endless stream of meaningless games, although I think we are, but we are definitely, DEFINITELY better off long term with the trade having been done.

KVH is an albatross.

- Ben
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/18/2005  10:58 PM
dude, both KVH & TT's contracts expire after next season.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
2/18/2005  11:21 PM
I like these knicks. We just got killed by senile (sp?) coach, injuries and every team trying to prove that Marbs was NOT the best PG in the league (btw..he is )

Don't get me wrong, I may be eating crow after the pistons wipe up the knicks next week...but somehow, living in Manhattan, i believe in miracles...

Camby/sprewell knicks taking a number 8 team to the finals
the mets meeting the yanks in the world series
the giants pulling off superbowl wins on pure heart

I know this team can do it if they just freaking concentrate...was that net team that much more talented when it went to the finals? If you rate talent by playing defense, then yes...but these guys have to realize that it's all about defense...if not, blow the team up.

Long story short...KVH never played defense either, I've seen TT shut down Vince Carter on the final play of the game and also play good defense against the boy king lebron, so that alone gives me the confidence that the trade was worth it...

Can you imagine KVH guarding Vince or Lebron?

Also, tell me Ariza wouldn't be starting over KVH.

those that like KVH are just like me (I loved KVH), but I also loved TT and they are both giving me what I deserve...Sour Grapes.
all kool aid all the time.
Steph Fueled Van Horn Trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy