[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If you were to build
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/17/2005  4:16 PM
The perfect 4 man starting cast around Marbury who would it be??? Marbury would have to be the best player. Any good cast would cover for the stars weaknesses and feed off his strengths. So my cast would be. SG: Jaric, SF: Battier, PF: Bosh, C Maglorie.

Jaric- because he can handle the ball like a PG so teams can't double Marbury and force others to make plays. Has good size and defense. And can hit the 3 consistantly.

Battier- all around player, can guard multiple positions, and can hit the 3 consistantly

Bosh- Perfect pick and roll partner. Put the ball on the floor, hit the j, or make the extra pass

Maglorie- Isn't great at anything but good at all the centers duties.

As a team the 3 point threats in Jaric & Battier & even Bosh would open up Marbury's penitration and make teams pay to stack the box trying to stop him. Bosh would be perfect for the pick and roll. Bosh & Maglorie would kill off of put backs and tip ins following up on Marbury's penitration. Defensivley they all are good help defenders. Battier-Bosh-Maglorie all are solid shot blockers.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/17/2005  4:30 PM
Not crazy about the Jaric at the 2. I see him as more of a SF/PG. The rest of your team, I like though. Ultimately, if I was making a team, I wouldn't start it with Steph, but playing along, making a young team, I might go with:

SG-Crawford - quick versatile, plays well with Steph, as we already know.

SF-Battier - I really like this pick and have to agree with you here

PF-Nenad Krstic - young versatile big man, lots of talent

C-Nene - big man, can clog up the lane, may one day be your prototypical center
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/17/2005  4:36 PM
without making it a "star team" I would love to see this:
Marbury
Pietrus - so underrated. great defender and athlete. Puts up big #s when the minutes are there
Mike Miller - LOVE him. Can play point forward
Dany Fortson - do my dirty work. Modern day Oakley
Eddie Curry - can finish, run and thrive in half court
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nykdunk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #570
USA
2/17/2005  5:16 PM
I like Fish's lineup except I'll sub Curry for Chandler and have a better shooter at the 2. Marbury has always excelled when playing with good shooters.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/17/2005  6:20 PM
If marbury is the best player, the team will lose, it's already a proven fact. I dont know how you value Marbury, but if I was to choose players below his talent level, no superstar??? I would say 9 man rotation

C Brad Miller
PF Kmart
SF Rashard Lewis
SG Mike Redd
PG Marbury
C Marcus Camby
PF Emeka Okafor
G Mike Bibby
G Kirk Hienrich
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/17/2005  7:21 PM
If marbury is the best player, the team will lose, it's already a proven fact.
You can tell that from two half seasons? That's impressive, since Marbury and the Knicks have not looked any worse during that time than Iverson and the Sixers looked all of last year. Or are you going to inevitably lose if Iverson is your best player too, even though he took a team to the finals?

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/17/2005 19:36:25]
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/17/2005  7:27 PM
I can't think of a team who's best player is a PG who won a championship. Detroit in the lates 80s is the only team that comes to mind with Isiah. So our chances are very slim if Marbury is our best player entering the next decade.
Bonn1997
USA
2/17/2005  7:38 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

I can't think of a team who's best player is a PG who won a championship. Detroit in the lates 80s is the only team that comes to mind with Isiah. So our chances are very slim if Marbury is our best player entering the next decade.
Statistically, one-fifth of the championship teams should have their best player at the PG spot. Magic and Isiah were both PGs. There have only been about 10 championship teams in the past 20 years. It's not surprising that 2 would have their best player at PG. How many have had their best player at center? I think it's at most one (if you count Shaq as better than Kobe, which people have long argued over).
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/17/2005  7:41 PM
we aren't trying to compare Marbury to Magic now are we? thats like comparing marbury to kidd only worse because Magic won!
Bonn1997
USA
2/17/2005  7:59 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

we aren't trying to compare Marbury to Magic now are we?
Nope. I have no idea where you got that from.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/17/2005 20:00:41]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/17/2005  11:37 PM
C - Dalembert (athletic shotblocker to offset some of Marbury's weak perimeter D)
or Brad Miller (good pick & roll guy who bangs down low)

PF - K-Mart (1 of the best finishers in the game & good defender)

SF - Harpring (tough, gritty defender who can shoot)

SG - Rip Hamilton (perpetual motion & great midrange game)

PG - Marbury

[Edited by - TMS on 02/17/2005 23:38:29]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/18/2005  12:30 AM
C- Sam Dalembert (I came up with the idea before I read TMSs post) -I want a major defensive presence.

PF- Emeka Okafor- Make that another shotblocker, plus he gives you some skills down low. However, in 2 years, he'll be better than Marbury. Heck, he may be better than him next year, but RIGHT NOW, he ain't.

SF- Matt Harpring- Does a little of everything, and is always tough on defense.

SG- Michael Redd- Maybe not the best backcourt defensively, but he'll be better, and he is a great second scoring option, and can be the first at times. Better as the second though, as you can see with the Bucks record.

Bench-

Marcus Camby- More defense and shotblocking

Kurt Thomas- Brings a pick and roll game which is big for Marbury. Plays nice defense too. Overrated, but still good.

Joe Johnson- great 3rd option scorer off the bench and is also extremely unselfish. Does everything.

HEALTHIER Allan Houston- Go to player off the bench. This is the same Allan Houston at the start of LAST season, when he was still mobile, but started his decline.

Mike James- I like this kid. Plays hard, penetrates and plays D. Nice backup.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/18/2005  12:41 AM
I would not mind this lineup.

marbs
crawford
Josh Howard
Brad Miller
Nene

I like the versatility of this lineup, Josh Howard could be that defensive lock down SF who can rebound and score. Brad miller can run the pick and roll, and nene gives us that other athletic bigman we need...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
If you were to build

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy