martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/18/2005  11:08 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bonn1997:

If the *average* PF/C shoots 55% against Kurt, Duncan, Webber, Shaq and the other elites are probably gonna shoot 65% against him. We're talking about the guy with probably the slowest feet out of any starting PF in the league.

If they're fooled by Kurt's reputation as a good defender, maybe they'd offer one of their less promising swing men with a worse contract--like Marquis Daniels for Kurt, $3 mil, and Houston's 2nd rd pick.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/18/2005 10:09:40]

dude, seriously, take the blinders off. You are like a racehorse with those eye pieces on that can only see the carrot in front of you.

3 names: Marbury, Crawford, TT. Those are the guys who have gotten minutes the most with KT in the starting lineup, none of whom can keep there man in front of them. Who has to cover their asses? Nazr? No, he cannot rotate worth a lick. KT? Yup. And thus his man is Wide Freakin' OPEN.

Get over the stats.
No, Kurt's defensive #s are so bad because his feet are too slow to guard anyone. Sweetney's already a better man to man defender. Maybe there's a reason why no team in the league is interested in Kurt.

you know KT is not wanted by anyone in the league cause you are a GM or have talked to them? Back it up.

It's already be noted that Houston is Hot and Heavy over KT. For the right trade, a lot of teams would like Kurt.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
USA
2/18/2005  11:13 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bonn1997:

If the *average* PF/C shoots 55% against Kurt, Duncan, Webber, Shaq and the other elites are probably gonna shoot 65% against him. We're talking about the guy with probably the slowest feet out of any starting PF in the league.

If they're fooled by Kurt's reputation as a good defender, maybe they'd offer one of their less promising swing men with a worse contract--like Marquis Daniels for Kurt, $3 mil, and Houston's 2nd rd pick.

dude, seriously, take the blinders off. You are like a racehorse with those eye pieces on that can only see the carrot in front of you.

3 names: Marbury, Crawford, TT. Those are the guys who have gotten minutes the most with KT in the starting lineup, none of whom can keep there man in front of them. Who has to cover their asses? Nazr? No, he cannot rotate worth a lick. KT? Yup. And thus his man is Wide Freakin' OPEN.

Get over the stats.
Also, JYD rotates just as much as Kurt does. JYD doesn't get blocked shots, but he rotates and tries to draw charges. Yet, somehow opponents aren't shooting an outrageous percentage against him.

JYD is a second-stringer who guards the likes of Malik Rose and Ervin Johnson and whoever backs up Webber.

Feel free to stop over to www.knickerblogger.net and check out his arguement about stats and other such things.

rain
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #353
USA
2/18/2005  1:36 PM
I don't think we could get Josh Howard for KT... he is a very good player that plays all phases of the game well. He dropped thirty last night against Marion because they needed him to score. Terry and Finley haven't been lighting it up lately like some would suggest.

I was trumping Howard before the draft two years ago... one I actually got right. I wanted us to somehow get into the twenties with him in mind. It didn't work out.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/18/2005  2:11 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Get over the stats.
Also, JYD rotates just as much as Kurt does. JYD doesn't get blocked shots, but he rotates and tries to draw charges. Yet, somehow opponents aren't shooting an outrageous percentage against him.

JYD is a second-stringer who guards the likes of Malik Rose and Ervin Johnson and whoever backs up Webber.

Feel free to stop over to www.knickerblogger.net and check out his arguement about stats and other such things.
No one should ever rely only on stats. But when stats confirm what you see with your eyes--that Kurt's feet are too slow to guard anyone, it's okay to look at stats.
Bonn1997
USA
2/18/2005  2:12 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Get over the stats.
No, Kurt's defensive #s are so bad because his feet are too slow to guard anyone. Sweetney's already a better man to man defender. Maybe there's a reason why no team in the league is interested in Kurt.

you know KT is not wanted by anyone in the league cause you are a GM or have talked to them? Back it up.
He's been the most heavily shopped Knick for about 3 years now and still no trade has occured.

It's already be noted that Houston is Hot and Heavy over KT. For the right trade, a lot of teams would like Kurt.
Really? I'm gonna have to use your line now, "Back it up"
martin
USA
2/18/2005  2:57 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Get over the stats.

He's been the most heavily shopped Knick for about 3 years now and still no trade has occured.

Let's see, Houston has tried to pry KT away for Maurice T this year and last year it was San Antonio with the Malik Rose deal. Both have been in the newspapers.

Now your turn, let me know all the GM's you have talked to.
KnickerBlogger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #789
USA
2/18/2005  4:04 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

No one should ever rely only on stats. But when stats confirm what you see with your eyes--that Kurt's feet are too slow to guard anyone, it's okay to look at stats.

What is a stat? It's someone observing something and writing it down. Statistics are someone using their eyes.
http://www.knickerblogger.net
BigRedDog
Member: #569
2/18/2005  8:39 PM
IMO kt has very little trade value. I'm not saying he can't be traded but rose for him staight up is wrong but if we can get a #1 in adddition you got to do it. based on his age , salary, and the fact you need to give his minutes to sweetney at this point. I think isiah knows this and if can get something good for kt he will be gone. so we will see how much of a market there is out there .btw I know in the past cuban has said he isn't impressed with kt and I don't think theres any way he trades howard for kt.

[Edited by - BigRedDog on 02/18/2005 20:51:45]
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Bonn1997
USA
2/22/2005  12:06 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Get over the stats.

Let's see, Houston has tried to pry KT away for Maurice T this year and last year it was San Antonio with the Malik Rose deal. Both have been in the newspapers.

Now your turn, let me know all the GM's you have talked to.
Why should I? You haven't let me know of even one GM YOU have talked to.

(I would have responded earlier, but I've been away)
how about Booth and Howard for KT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy