Rafer Alston?
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
3/16/2002  1:17 PM
I found this article excerpt at RealGM.com:
Rafer Alston's days with the Milwaukee Bucks are numbered, and the third-year point guard knows it.

Dropped from the rotation early in the year and then pushed aside when the Bucks signed Greg Anthony as Sam Cassell's primary backup 10 days ago, Alston almost assuredly will be forced to seek employment elsewhere when his contract expires at the end of this season.

"(This) is a disappointment to me," Alston said Thursday. "I've really enjoyed my time here. I enjoyed the city. I enjoyed the people and the organization. But when it gets to this point, it probably ruins my stay."

For those of you that don't know Rafer Alston, he is the Michael Jordan of the playground/street ball leagues. He plays at Rucker Park in the summer under the street name Skip to My Lou and he is an incredible ballhandler and scorer. And he's from NY. Knicks should give him a shot to make the team in the offseason, especially if Action Jackson is traded to Indy like its been speculated, he would be a nice backup and in a few years, could start.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 03/16/2002 13:19:06]
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/16/2002  6:56 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I found this article excerpt at RealGM.com:
Rafer Alston's days with the Milwaukee Bucks are numbered, and the third-year point guard knows it.

Dropped from the rotation early in the year and then pushed aside when the Bucks signed Greg Anthony as Sam Cassell's primary backup 10 days ago, Alston almost assuredly will be forced to seek employment elsewhere when his contract expires at the end of this season.

"(This) is a disappointment to me," Alston said Thursday. "I've really enjoyed my time here. I enjoyed the city. I enjoyed the people and the organization. But when it gets to this point, it probably ruins my stay."

For those of you that don't know Rafer Alston, he is the Michael Jordan of the playground/street ball leagues. He plays at Rucker Park in the summer under the street name Skip to My Lou and he is an incredible ballhandler and scorer. And he's from NY. Knicks should give him a shot to make the team in the offseason, especially if Action Jackson is traded to Indy like its been speculated, he would be a nice backup and in a few years, could start.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 03/16/2002 13:19:06]
Rafer's been a backup for the Bucks for years and he's near 30 i think. Plus, if Rafer isn't ready to be a backup now, he's gonna suck in NYC. Furthermore, Layden offered Rafer 1.3 Million to join the Knicks this season, before he traded for Eisley and Rafer said hells no - he wanted no part of the Knicks.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
3/16/2002  7:19 PM
Not exactly true, he was worried about playing time on the Knicks and thought to have a better chance at some play behind Cassell then be a "Brunson" replacement. If he'll come for the minimum we should sign him.
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
3/17/2002  3:08 AM
Rafer's been a backup for the Bucks for years and he's near 30 i think. Plus, if Rafer isn't ready to be a backup now, he's gonna suck in NYC. Furthermore, Layden offered Rafer 1.3 Million to join the Knicks this season, before he traded for Eisley and Rafer said hells no - he wanted no part of the Knicks.
He turns 26 in july and is in his third year with the bucks. He is athletic, quick, great ball handler , and he's cheap, and he would love to come to NY to be a backup, just not a third stringer
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
3/17/2002  7:34 AM
It's pointless talking about bringing in guys like Rafer, until we get rid of at least one of the not-so-tremendous trio of Knick point guards.

As much as I would like to have Skip in NY, it ain't happening!
We suck.
Rafer Alston?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy