[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Article: Six teams likely to deal (si.com)
Author Thread
Mac
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #470
Japan
2/17/2005  3:05 AM
KNICKS
Isiah Thomas made two huge moves last year, first acquiring Stephon Marbury from the Suns (for Antonio McDyess) and then Tim Thomas and Nazr Mohammed from the Bucks and Hawks, respectively (for Keith Van Horn and Michael Doleac). With his team still struggling, he could try to shake it up again. Thomas reportedly has strong interest in Marshall, an outside shooting big man who could help the Knicks go small and spread the floor a la the Suns. Unfortunately for Thomas, New York has little to offer except big contracts that are anathema to rebuilding teams like the Raptors. Plus, Toronto reportedly wants teams to take Rose in any deal for Marshall. Thomas and Rose didn't see eye to eye during their time together in Indiana, and it's hard to believe the Knicks would take a chance given Rose's remaining contract.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/marty_burns/02/16/trades2/index.html

I've long thought NY won't make any deals during the season. Anybody else feel that way?

The Trade Deadline Feb 24 is less than a week away.
AUTOADVERT
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/17/2005  4:46 AM
In all honesty, I'm starting to think that this offseason goes by with almost no noise. I definitely don't see any major trades happening, anymore.

[Edited by - Solace on 02/17/2005 04:46:45]
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/17/2005  6:14 AM
Minny should move Spree for Jalen. Toronto would do it and it makes sense for Minny, they could use him big time. He would play well there they have a legit shot at the finals with him playing well.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/17/2005  10:03 AM
God I'm praying we make just one move for an extra pick, but time will tell. I can easily see nothing happening
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/17/2005  10:08 AM
Posted by Solace:

In all honesty, I'm starting to think that this offseason goes by with almost no noise. I definitely don't see any major trades happening, anymore.

I see just the opposite considering how many expiring contracts the Knicks have and their track record of never letting expiring contracts just expire but instead always using them to improve the team.
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
2/17/2005  11:03 AM
After Dolan admitting that going for the "quick fix" has been a failure in NY,I believe Isiah has bought himself some time and isnt going to make any moves this season unless its good long term for the Knicks.

I dont see Isiah being under the same pressure to make a panic move just to make the headlines which is welcome news.

gunsnewing
Member: #215
USA
2/17/2005  11:12 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:

I see just the opposite considering how many expiring contracts the Knicks have and their track record of never letting expiring contracts just expire but instead always using them to improve the team.

You do realize that those expiring contracts will have the most value during next year's trade deadline right? So its not crazy to think that Isiah doesn't use them in the offseason and he shouldn't.

The moves that should be made now and in the offseason is trading Nazr and Kurt for more expiring contracts, younger players and picks. If Nazr and KT have any value at all.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/17/2005  11:13 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Minny should move Spree for Jalen. Toronto would do it and it makes sense for Minny, they could use him big time. He would play well there they have a legit shot at the finals with him playing well.

Yeah that would be a great trade for both sides....Actually a no brainer and I actually hope it goes down.

Rose gets alot of flap but he makes good decisions and he is a no fear type of scorer......KG needs that type of player. Spree is so selfish.....Rose has always prefered to run the point. He just fits so well with KG it ain't funny.

As far as Toronto? They get an expiring contract and a coach that would not be intimidated by Sprewells big mouth. His contract alone helps them out so Spree could kiss there Arse, ay?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/17/2005  11:14 AM
i'm a little worried that nazr isn't going anywhere. everytime isiah talks about him, he refers to him as this untapped player that he found and is an improving center at 27. i understand GM's have to talk but he only really talks about players he likes in that manner, like steph, jamal, sweets, and now nazr. he never really says anything about kurt, penny, or tim b/c he's actively shopping them. at least, that's what i've noticed from him.
gunsnewing
USA
2/17/2005  11:16 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

i'm a little worried that nazr isn't going anywhere. everytime isiah talks about him, he refers to him as this untapped player that he found and is an improving center at 27. i understand GM's have to talk but he only really talks about players he likes in that manner, like steph, jamal, sweets, and now nazr. he never really says anything about kurt, penny, or tim b/c he's actively shopping them. at least, that's what i've noticed from him.

yep and thats the reason why he is in the starting lineup to this day and will be there til the end of the season
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/17/2005  11:19 AM
Probably either something will happen or something won't. Someone will probably do something. Maybe.

This trade deadline can't come and go soon enough.
¿ △ ?
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/17/2005  3:33 PM
Mutombo-Harrington-F.Williams-Trybanski for basically JYD got us Jamal Crawford in the offseason.

Is there any team willing to give up another young player & a contract that has 2yrs left after this yr for say Tim Thomas ending contract. Or maybe Baker & Norris smaller contracts???? In the offseason

Portland would love to dump D.Anderson who has 2 yrs left after this one. And I wouldn't mind taking Anderson off there hands for the right price. In the offseason

[Edited by - newyorknewyork on 02/17/2005 15:33:45]
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Bonn1997
USA
2/17/2005  3:37 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

Mutombo-Harrington-F.Williams-Trybanski for basically JYD got us Jamal Crawford in the offseason.

Is there any team willing to give up another young player & a contract that has 2yrs left after this yr for say Tim Thomas ending contract.
TT & Penny's expiring contracts are each bigger than the ones we gave up to get Jamal (and would give teams more cap room). You should be able to get more than just a player at Crawford's level for each of the contracts. Or you could combine the two contracts and get a lot more.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/17/2005  3:42 PM
Im saying though it would be kind of hard to match around 26million to make the deal work. Plus we would have to be smart. I wouldn't take back any contract that was past 07 unless the young player was a flat out stud.

And I don't know if we could get MORE back for TT than we did for Mutombo, Harrington, F.Williams since they were a bunch of small-medium contracts combined which is more attractive becuase there more flexable.

If played smart we could maybe land something of quality but im not going to get my hopes up that high.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Bonn1997
USA
2/17/2005  7:13 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:

You do realize that those expiring contracts will have the most value during next year's trade deadline right? So its not crazy to think that Isiah doesn't use them in the offseason and he shouldn't.
You do realize that Isiah used all four expiring contracts last summer rather than wait for the trade deadline, right? It's a tradeoff. The contracts might have slightly more value by the trade deadline, but there's a huge advantage to making key trades in the offseason and having your key players on the team for the training camp, pre-season, and full season.
gunsnewing
USA
2/17/2005  7:24 PM
the contracts of Penny and TT are a lot more valuable than the ones we used to get Crawford. We'll get a much better impact player than Crawford this time like an allstar or borderline allstar. But I wouldn't make a deal in the offseason just to make a deal which I'm afraid Isiah will do. I think he should be patient and wait til next Feb. Then you should be able to get an allstar and another good player in return for sure.
Bonn1997
USA
2/17/2005  7:40 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

the contracts of Penny and TT are a lot more valuable than the ones we used to get Crawford.
We have four times the expiring contracts we had last summer plus a possible lottery pick. I'd expect us to be able to accomplish about four times as much.

But I wouldn't make a deal in the offseason just to make a deal which I'm afraid Isiah will do. I think he should be patient and wait til next Feb. Then you should be able to get an allstar and another good player in return for sure.
I'd ignore the timing and make the deal that I thought was best for the team whether it was over the offseason or during the season
gunsnewing
USA
2/17/2005  7:44 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by gunsnewing:

the contracts of Penny and TT are a lot more valuable than the ones we used to get Crawford.
We have four times the expiring contracts we had last summer plus a possible lottery pick. I'd expect us to be able to accomplish about four times as much.

But I wouldn't make a deal in the offseason just to make a deal which I'm afraid Isiah will do. I think he should be patient and wait til next Feb. Then you should be able to get an allstar and another good player in return for sure.
I'd ignore the timing and make the deal that I thought was best for the team whether it was over the offseason or during the season

i agree but don't be surprised if Kwame Brown or someone like that is the best you can do since there aren't many guys out there other than Brand and maybe Artest. Who they might not even consider trading. If Isiah is patient and waits for a big name to surface we might be better off. But I agree he needs to start the searh now!

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/17/2005 19:46:49]
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
2/17/2005  9:38 PM

i agree but don't be surprised if Kwame Brown or someone like that is the best you can do since there aren't many guys out there other than Brand and maybe Artest. Who they might not even consider trading. If Isiah is patient and waits for a big name to surface we might be better off. But I agree he needs to start the searh now!

I just hope that my man Zeke, just keep to his guns and don't do a damn thing. Go into next season with the same guys, your lottery pick, and trade for expiring contracts next season. Which will really make more sense. The only way I would do something if it is with the Bulls, who now won't be looking for so much cap space but veterans in return like a Penny who is in last year of his contract on his last leg. About a year ago I was high on Kwame but I think he is content on just being a draft bust which is ashame because he has talent.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/17/2005 19:46:49]
[/quote]
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
JUNKMEIN
Member: #797
2/18/2005  2:54 AM
If Isiah can get Kwame imo he's gotta do it. I think he's a prime example of a kid in need of a change of scenery. Just as Vince Carter is obviously pleased to be a US citizen again (it's showing on the court), i'm sure Kwame could use the same. The following guys won't happen: Dalembert, Curry, Brand, Artest (god when will we give up that ghost- Bird vs Isiah = use common sense). Kwame imo is a different story and if Isiah (ala Aquirre) can get him for expiring contracts this off season you gotta take that deal.
Article: Six teams likely to deal (si.com)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy