Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/17/2005  10:15 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by nykdunk:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Anything's possible, but did you know that Van Horn hasn't gotten more than 11 points in a game in nearly three months (that spans 18 games played for him)?

He's playing the right team then.

LOL. So true. ... Tim Thomas and Nazr Mohammed with the swiss cheese defense!!!
Swiss cheese D or not, somehow I don't think KVH is gonna make it to that 25/8 prediction. Maybe he'll make it to 4 and 2 though.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/16/2005 21:32:12]

still doesn't mean he can't average 17 & 7 on another team and that would be a lot better then the 11pts, 2rebs, 1assist TT put up
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/17/2005  10:28 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by nykdunk:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Anything's possible, but did you know that Van Horn hasn't gotten more than 11 points in a game in nearly three months (that spans 18 games played for him)?

He's playing the right team then.

LOL. So true. ... Tim Thomas and Nazr Mohammed with the swiss cheese defense!!!
Swiss cheese D or not, somehow I don't think KVH is gonna make it to that 25/8 prediction. Maybe he'll make it to 4 and 2 though.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/16/2005 21:32:12]

still doesn't mean he can't average 17 & 7 on another team
What? So the team he's on is the reason he's averaging 10 and 5? Where did you come up with that theory? It looks like you're desperately searching for any excuse for him. I wouldn't give either player an excuse; I'd just say both KVH and TT are playing like garbage players this year.
gunsnewing
USA
2/17/2005  10:35 AM
stop acting like you don't understand.

For the last time...the injury is the #1 reason he's in a funk. But I am 100% sure a fresh start to the year on another team will have him averaging close to what he averages EVERY year 17 & 7.

#2: Bucks need defense not offense. Mason gives then more defense.

The best you can expect from TT is 14 & 4 if he's in a new enviroment. Looks forget the numbers. KVH is just a better player. TT can't do anything well. KVH is a very good shooter and rebounder period. Does he have to be Larry Bird for us to win with him no. But he would certainly help a lot more than TT will.
Bonn1997
USA
2/17/2005  10:44 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

For the last time...the injury is the #1 reason he's in a funk. But I am 100% sure a fresh start to the year on another team will have him averaging close to what he averages EVERY year 17 & 7.

The best you can expect from TT is 14 & 4 if he's in a new enviroment. Looks forget the numbers. KVH is just a better player. TT can't do anything well. KVH is a very good shooter and rebounder period. Does he have to be Larry Bird for us to win with him no. But he would certainly help a lot more than TT will.
You said he needed a new team to put up 17 and 7. Now it sounds like you meant to say he needed better health to put up 17 and 7. Which is it? Make up your mind
gunsnewing
USA
2/17/2005  11:02 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by gunsnewing:

You said he needed a new team to put up 17 and 7. Now it sounds like you meant to say he needed better health to put up 17 and 7. Which is it? Make up your mind

both dammit! we've been through this already!!! I mentioned the injury being the #1 factor at least a million times yesterday!
gunsnewing
USA
2/17/2005  11:29 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by mintyfreshness33:

holy poop!!!!!!!

DID u see what marbury did, this is the thing he did his 1st year on phoenix. OMG, that was so hot.

you mean the spin? And TT with the nice finish too!!

it ESPN's #1 play!!!
Bonn1997
USA
2/17/2005  11:45 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by gunsnewing:

both dammit! we've been through this already!!! I mentioned the injury being the #1 factor at least a million times yesterday!
Both??? What does the team he's on have to do with his awful season?? TT was able to put up better #s on that same team! You could use the injury excuse if you want to. The same excuse he used during the playoffs last year too. I don't understand your argument about the team being another reason for Van Horn's garbage season

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/17/2005 11:49:12]
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/17/2005  12:02 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Guns, don't waste your time. Bonn doesn't understand because he doesn't want to. You can't argue logic under those conditions.

KVH was putting up 18 and 8 pre-injury in 30+ mpg. In 15 mpg, after injury, his numbers are halved. Somehow this comes as a surprise to people.
Bonn1997
USA
2/17/2005  12:14 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Guns, don't waste your time. Bonn doesn't understand because he doesn't want to. You can't argue logic under those conditions.

KVH was putting up 18 and 8 pre-injury in 30+ mpg. In 15 mpg, after injury, his numbers are halved. Somehow this comes as a surprise to people.
What are you talking about??? I agreed with Guns that KVH's #s would be better if he could actually stay healthy! Guns comment about his #s being better if he were on a different team was the comment that made no sense to me!

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/17/2005 12:15:05]
gunsnewing
USA
2/17/2005  12:18 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by gunsnewing:

What are you talking about??? I agreed with Guns that KVH's #s would be better if he could actually stay healthy! Guns comment about his #s being better if he were on a different team was the comment that made no sense to me!

here's a bit of useful information for you:
players do get get healthy you speak of KVH like he's some Allan Houston! You make it sound like he's injured every year. If he was then of course I wouldn't want him back. But an ankle injury is not that big a deal! He'll be ready to average around 17 & 7 next year!
gunsnewing
USA
2/17/2005  12:19 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by gunsnewing:

players do get healthy you speak of KVH like he's some Allan Houston! You make it sound like he's injured every year. If he was then of course I wouldn't want him back. But an ankle injury is not that big a deal! He'll be ready to average around 17 & 7 next year!
Bonn1997
USA
2/17/2005  12:30 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by gunsnewing:

players do get get healthy you speak of KVH like he's some Allan Houston! You make it sound like he's injured every year. If he was then of course I wouldn't want him back. But an ankle injury is not that big a deal! He'll be ready to average around 17 & 7 next year!
Stop avoiding the question. We are in AGREEMENT that a healthy Van Horn would put up better #s than he's putting up now. My question was about your claim that he would be putting up better #s if he were on a different team.
gunsnewing
USA
2/17/2005  12:31 PM
I meant on the Knicks! next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he's out of it this year!
Bonn1997
USA
2/17/2005  12:39 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

But then he'll give us his typical 11/5 in the playoffs, which we could get right now from Ariza as a starter anyway
gunsnewing
USA
2/17/2005  12:45 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by gunsnewing:

But then he'll give us his typical 11/5 in the playoffs, which we could get right now from Ariza as a starter anyway

exactly why i stated yesterday that he would be a piece in a rotation of Ariza, KVH & E-rob! and Ariza would play the in 4th quarter and KVH would only come in when they need a last second shot.

I would also take KVH's 11 & 5 over TT's 10 & 3 anyday.

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 02/17/2005 12:46:46]
Bonn1997
USA
2/17/2005  12:47 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by gunsnewing:

exactly why i stated yesterday that he would be a piece in a rotation of Ariza, KVH & E-rob! and Ariza would play the in 4th quarter and KVH would only come in when they need a last second shot.

Okay; if you want to rebuild with guys whose production drops nearly 50% in the playoffs, you could go ahead and do that. I'd rather move in a different direction. If you're comparing playoff #s, TT's aren't 10 and 3--it's 13/5 with many of the games coming off the bench

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/17/2005 12:53:14]
gunsnewing
USA
2/17/2005  12:54 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by gunsnewing:

Okay; if you want to rebuild with guys whose production drops nearly 50% in the playoffs, you could go ahead and do that. I'd rather move in a different direction. If you're comparing playoff #s, TT's aren't 10 and 3--it's 13/5 with many of the games coming off the bench

I rememver KVH hitting a HUGE shot for the Nets against Indiana. What big shot did TT hit? How far in the playoffs did Milwalkee go?!
Bonn1997
USA
2/17/2005  12:57 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by gunsnewing:

I rememver KVH hitting a HUGE shot for the Nets against Indiana. What big shot did TT hit? How far in the playoffs did Milwalkee go?!
Okay; let's get a team of 12 guys who have each hit one HUGE shot even if they can't do anything else in the playoffs. We'll get five starters who each average 11 PPG because they each hit that one huge shot. Our team will average around 55 points a game, but if they ever get in a situation where the've held the opponent to the 50s too, that ability to hit that one HUGE shot will make all difference

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/17/2005 13:01:10]
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/17/2005  1:43 PM
SNORE!!!
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/17/2005  5:26 PM
That pass from Marbury to Tim Thomas is what happends when someone decides to cut to the basket rather than stand by the 3 point line and watch Marbury play one on one all game.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
All Balling: Buck v Knicks OR TT v KVH revisited

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy