[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we stay @ pick 6 and keep toronto ahead of us,they supposedly like
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/15/2005  1:29 PM
Gerald Green quite a bit. What we could do is offer to take the player for them in exchange for their 15 pick.. i.e we get 7-8 and 15, they get their player. It happens all the time in the drafting process, because many teams key on certain players and are willing to give up to get. That the advantage or leverage that Im talking about being as high as possible. so those fans who want to somehow win games, winning games COULD cost us HUGE HUGE HUGe in the long term. we NEEd luck first, and if not we need LEVERAGE.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Knickss208
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #796
2/15/2005  1:35 PM
screw that. i still dont see how you think the lottery will be our savior. our huge overpriced players are the reason this team is so bad and inflexible. After penny and thomas are gone we can work ourselves back into a team of real contention. I still dont think we are bad enough to get a high pick and i highly doubt Isaih is telling Herb to tank the season.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/15/2005  1:42 PM
sorry.. Briggs is 100% right this time. This isnt about rooting for your team to lose for the next 3 years so you have a shot at the next Amare. This is about capitalizing on whats CLEARLY a lost season. If you somehow think winning 37 games vs. winning 28 games this year will accomplish ANYTHING except hurting Isiah's ability to improve the team this offseason your off your rocker.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
2/15/2005  1:50 PM
Briggs.. one other scenario:
Its not impossible that the Knicks could trade for the Raptor's #1 if Isiah loves this draft. If the Knicks were to trade TT/Nazr for Rose and Tor's #1 it would make a lot more sense for Tor than people would think. They wouldnt be very good next year, BUT they would go into next year with a high draft pick and about $20mm in cap space the year BEFORE Bosh is eligible for an extension.

Then the Knicks would have say the #5 and the #8 picks in this draft as well as Rose. Then you really have some options.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/15/2005  2:10 PM
Fish and Briggs, I like both trade ideas. Let's hope Isiah is thinking along similar lines. We need more picks, not more wins.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/15/2005  2:21 PM
Posted by Knickss208:

screw that. i still dont see how you think the lottery will be our savior. our huge overpriced players are the reason this team is so bad and inflexible. After penny and thomas are gone we can work ourselves back into a team of real contention. I still dont think we are bad enough to get a high pick and i highly doubt Isaih is telling Herb to tank the season.

Well, I think solid execution at draft time could help the club out quite a bit. We have a lot of needs, we need to reconfigure the battle plan, we need tougher players, we need more athletic players, we need stronger players, we need more size, and we need back ups.

Lets not sugarcoat it here, this is not a good ballclub. losing to the Bobcats the other night wouldve done more for this club than a potnetial extra ping pong ball,-it would show us where we are at, definitevly. Im not a person who beleives in excuses-we never lost Tim Duncan this year, we lost players who were playing erraticly and Allan Houston shouldve been equated as done.

you say, we need to get rid of high-priced blah blahs, but exactly who do you want to reaplace them with brother, imaginery players?
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
2/15/2005  2:27 PM
to be fair Briggsy, whenever I'm daydreaming on the train commuting every day and I replace TT, Penny, Moochie and a few choice others with imaginary players we always seem to do much better.
If we stay @ pick 6 and keep toronto ahead of us,they supposedly like

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy