Author Thread
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
2/15/2005  5:35 PM
What about this gerald green guy?
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/geraldgreen.asp
never seen him play but apparently he's compard to t-mac? I'd take him if he's anywhere close
http://allknicks.com
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/15/2005  6:39 PM
Posted by TMS:

whichever one of these guys is the more athletic shotblocker & better defender is the one i want.

well thats what they have to establish. personally, i truly believe the fastest way we get BETTER[if we dont end up in a lottery position]is to find players who can excell at defense and rebounding. We have a lot of guys who can score. we need to find guys who are tough and can get stops. that what i mean about substance over sexy. hakim warwick looks pretty in the way he plays, but will it translate to the rigors of NBA basketball? I can pretty much tell ya who are the best defenders in CBB that I have seen--> Sheldan Williams-Duke, Chris Taft-Pitt, Chevy Troutman-Pitt, Deng Gai-Fairfield, Josh Boone-Ct, Dwayne Jones-St Joseph, Sean Williams-BC Taj Gray -okla Shawn James-NE[he is 6-10 195 with arms that look as long as manute bol]Danny Granger NM[more of a small forward who plays 4]

now some of these guys are not close to being ready, the most athletic big in the country is Taj Gray, the best defender and most ready made big man for the NBA is Sheldan Williams, a guy like damon jones who is also very athletic and smart is Jones from St J and he is a legit 6-11 235, but raw in various fundamentals. Chevy Troutman is probably 1A in terms of post defense but he is 6-7 TOPS, i dont think he will translate over but is a viable 2nd round pick

Thats why I believe if we CAN, we trade down and grab the best defensive PF who is also as good a rebounder as Bogut and then grab the best perimeter defender from the 3 who can score Graham, then later on in the draft we add one more skill player for points[louis williams who also has the potential to be a great 1-1 ballhawk] I think we can do a lot here.

What I am doing is idenifying the style of play for our team--which should be D+R with strong big athletic players, and spritzing in backcourt speed and skill, so we can have a team that is tough, but that can also run.
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/15/2005  6:42 PM
exactly..defense and shot-blocking the Knicks biggest need. A sharp shooter and athletism you can get for nothing
Taft vs. Warrick on ESPN

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy