[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: anyone ever try bowflex?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/14/2005  3:11 PM
My schedule makes it impossible to work out during the week so I wanted something for home, and I like cables a lot.

Anyone every try this thing?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
2/14/2005  3:16 PM
Tried it when i was younger. I think it worked, but when your 14 and desperate for the chicas to notice you, you think anything works
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
fishmike
USA
2/14/2005  3:18 PM
not exactly the feedback I was looking for but thanks
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/14/2005  3:33 PM
no i haven't tried it...i tried the other system w/the rubber band inserts...forgot what they call it.

free weights are the best but they're such a pain in the ass to put weights on & take them off & you can't really go heavy w/o someone there to spot you.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
2/14/2005  4:09 PM
I haven't tried the bow flex but you might consider powerblocks.
They are like dumbbells but you can change the weight very quickly. You're not going to be able to do serious deadlifts or squats with them but for a quick workout they are excellent and take up very little space.
Stevo718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #559
2/14/2005  11:19 PM
I had a friend that used bowflex... funny thing was he looked nice aesthetically but he wasn't strong as everyone thought he should be from looking at his body. I think there are much better systems that actually make you stronger. I think with bowflex when they say you are "benching" 200 you are actually doing a lot less.

Even though I don't work out myself I have friends that do/have and I like the results from simple dips and pushups the best, it takes much longer but IMO you get stronger, more stamina and your body gets shaped better.

But if you don't have the time stick with free weights.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/14/2005  11:47 PM
bowflex is crap, and not safe.

These guys have it figured out, much better product, no informercial hype.

http://www.exergym.com/

I have an old version of this, and its great, very smooth. This one has a smaller footprint. These guys that made this are really into it. I was able to talk with them often and they provided nice reasearch to back up their claims.

Bow flex is a marketing machine! Stay away from that kind of crap. Bowflex is a Starphuchers machine!

fishmike
USA
2/15/2005  9:45 AM
hey, I'm a knick fan, what do you expect?

I lke cable workouts... I have a shot shoulder so I'm limited in what I can do more and more. I have a bench and dip station but its in the garage and there's no heat out there and its cluttered from the move anyway.

I can return it in 6 weeks... I'm thinking thats the kicker
Nalod
USA
2/15/2005  11:59 AM
Posted by fishmike:

hey, I'm a knick fan, what do you expect?

I lke cable workouts... I have a shot shoulder so I'm limited in what I can do more and more. I have a bench and dip station but its in the garage and there's no heat out there and its cluttered from the move anyway.

I can return it in 6 weeks... I'm thinking thats the kicker

Bowflex resistance is not steady, it can lead to injury! I did a lot of research! I have two ruptured discs in my neck, a can't use free weights, and don't lift for bulk. I have a very strong negative opinion of the bowflex. Nautilius was bought out by a marketing company a few years back. The heart of the bowflex is a marketing powerhouse, not a personal trainer! Any good physical theropist with knowlege of the bowflex might have an opinion of it.

Seriously, you must try differnt machines and do the research. Bowflex is popular cuz the informercial is so suggestive. THe recent one of the 41 year old beach vollyball dude with young chicks is a great piece, but its not the machine that made him look that way, its his effort and diet! Most people don't need the machines, but like them, and want to associate the ownership of the machine with those great looking models they see in the commercial.

If you have needs due to injury, you must be very careful. Working with a physical is the best start. Im sure bowflex has great financing deals, but that does not make it a better machine.

Most companies will let you play with their machines for 30days!

Good luck! Feel good!
Nalod
USA
2/15/2005  12:24 PM
Try this:

http://www.exergym.neptune.com

Its an internal site.

Just called them to inquire about the new machine. I would love to trade my old one as the newone takes less room! They are neat folks whom have a super product.

Ps: I have no affiliation with them, nor will benefit in anyway. I really like my machine 4 years after buying it!
fishmike
USA
2/15/2005  12:38 PM
I like Christine... does she come with it?
Nalod
USA
2/15/2005  1:25 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I like Christine... does she come with it?

Of course, and she brings her friends to work out too!

ANd they are knick fans!

Which brings the quetion, are there any Female fans that participate?

Not effeminate males, but real women!
OT: anyone ever try bowflex?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy