[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

All Fall: Lotto Thread: Roses are orange, Nix wear blue the 6'ers have AI and Dalembart Too!
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/14/2005  9:56 PM
Posted by diderotn:

we need a couple of scorrers...Marb did his part, but others didn't pull their roles.

Um...to me one of Marbury's roles as the team's star is to hit the basket at the end of the game and to win it for his team. IMO, he has failed in that role completely this season.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/14/2005  10:10 PM
Posted by Andrew:

Um...to me one of Marbury's roles as the team's star is to hit the basket at the end of the game and to win it for his team. IMO, he has failed in that role completely this season.
I wouldn't say completely, but I agree. He is the team's star, captain, and supposed leader. He has played multiple times better than anyone else on this roster, but his role requires him to step up and carry this team. Even a combination of Houston and Sprewell got us 37 wins.
But I'm not too upset. I've just come to realize that this team can't consider him anything close to a franchise player. He could be a big piece to the puzzle, but we need to surround him with more talent.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/14/2005  10:28 PM
now if only the nba would make a consolation playoff series between philly and new york after the season's over, we'd have 7 great games to watch.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
2/14/2005  10:38 PM
Nice way to lose: fighting! Its really very, very tough for this guys to lose so many close games... I feel sorry for them. But, Im happy I got the two things I wanted to see: effort, and an L. Im sorry but I can't be happy when this team wins. Its just not fun anymore. There will be no playoffs for this team. Maybe next season, with Bogut, TT playing in a contract year, with Ariza and Sweetney more experienced... But now? I want them to lose fighting. I know losing is contagious but thats not the real problem of this team. They lack main pieces of the puzzle. They are not yet ready to win. So, until they are ready, only loses will help us win in the future. So, Im... () pleased that they lost; that will help us get Bogut. (God make it happen!)
Knicks_Fan
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
2/14/2005  11:28 PM
BTW, it's Dalembert, not Dalembart. Every time I see Dalembart, I think Dalembfart I can't be the only one who thought that?
Bonn1997
USA
2/14/2005  11:29 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by diderotn:

we need a couple of scorrers...Marb did his part, but others didn't pull their roles.

Maybe he's exhausted by the end of the game. Playing 42 mpg and having to single-handedly carry an offense can actually be slightly tiring
NYK3
Member: #725
USA
2/14/2005  11:46 PM
WOW I didnt watch the end of the Knick game cause I was watching 24 and I just saw the highlights on NBATV...HOW IN THE WORLD DID NAZR MISS THAT LAY-UP AT THE END??????
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
MinsHeartsReezy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #872
USA
2/14/2005  11:53 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by diderotn:

Maybe he's exhausted by the end of the game. Playing 42 mpg and having to single-handedly carry an offense can actually be slightly tiring

Moreover, I think other teams would expect the last shot to go to Marbs which is why so many of these last plays are designed for the others. Its hard to blame Starbury when he gets doubled, finds the open man and they cant deliver. He's the closest thing to a star we've got but just how much can a star do w/out a supporting cast.

[Edited by - minsheartsreezy on 02/15/2005 00:14:50]
JonsTintedTails
Member: #852
USA
2/15/2005  8:18 AM
I don't know if the players had a brain fart or if our lack of experienced coaching hurt us on Philly's last posession but why didn't the knicks foul iverson in the corner before he got that pass off???? They had a foul to give and the Knicks would have most likely won that game if they used the foul they had to give. I was yelling at them to foul Iverson.

I do give props to Herb for setting up a nice play at the end that actually worked perfectly except for Nazr not finishing.

It's good to see the Knicks fighting and not giving up. If they could somehow play with that urgency and intensity for 48 minutes we would win alot more games.

Lately when the Knicks lose, I don't get upset. But for some reason, this L really got to me.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/15/2005  8:48 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

BTW, it's Dalembert, not Dalembart. Every time I see Dalembart, I think Dalembfart I can't be the only one who thought that?

Thank you for that brief view into your mind. You might not be the only who see's it, but the only one who will point it out. It started as a snit, but mixed with humor it was ok. Kinda like swallowing your own vomit and no body noticed.

Thanks for the heads up. With no hockey, I am rusty with names with any French influence. Of course, with proper spelling, it would have killed my title.

They play the Bucks tomorrow, So many possibilities!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/15/2005  9:55 AM
Posted by Knicksfan:

Nice way to lose: fighting! Its really very, very tough for this guys to lose so many close games... I feel sorry for them. But, Im happy I got the two things I wanted to see: effort, and an L. Im sorry but I can't be happy when this team wins. Its just not fun anymore. There will be no playoffs for this team. Maybe next season, with Bogut, TT playing in a contract year, with Ariza and Sweetney more experienced... But now? I want them to lose fighting. I know losing is contagious but thats not the real problem of this team. They lack main pieces of the puzzle. They are not yet ready to win. So, until they are ready, only loses will help us win in the future. So, Im... () pleased that they lost; that will help us get Bogut. (God make it happen!)

great post. Thats pretty much how I feel. I was actually hoping they would blow it and sure enough they did.
Bonn1997
USA
2/15/2005  9:56 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Thank you for that brief view into your mind.
No problem. I bet everyone is a little smarter now!
gunsnewing
USA
2/15/2005  10:01 AM
I love that last second play the rnu. It always catches the other team off guard because they think Marbury is going to get it. The problem is Nazr Fuckin Mohammed is the recipient!!!!!

Imagine if we had an athletic big man who can catch an alley-oop and throw it down..that play would be unstoppable!!!

but who do we have....WE HAVE NAZR AND KURT THOMAS(who by the way was too slow to recover and therefore Jackson had an easy layup TO WIN THE GAME...a FUCKIN LAYUP MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!1)
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/15/2005  11:02 AM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by diderotn:

I've never seen a "star" shy away from taking so many game winners. How many has he passed up? When was the last time he attempted the last shot? He's got a solid jumper, I don't know why he has no faith in it. What a weird "super-star" we have.
¿ △ ?
gunsnewing
USA
2/15/2005  11:14 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by diderotn:

I've never seen a "star" shy away from taking so many game winners. How many has he passed up? When was the last time he attempted the last shot? He's got a solid jumper, I don't know why he has no faith in it. What a weird "super-star" we have.

thats the problem. He's not a franchise player. He not a player can can carry a team to a championship. The knicks need a frachise player to play alongside Marbury in the worst way. The Knicks are completely wrong by forcing him to be the franchise. But thats only because they have no other choice since they are so far over the cap.
Bonn1997
USA
2/15/2005  11:35 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by diderotn:

thats the problem. He's not a franchise player. He not a player can can carry a team to a championship. The knicks need a frachise player to play alongside Marbury in the worst way. The Knicks are completely wrong by forcing him to be the franchise. But thats only because they have no other choice since they are so far over the cap.
Up until the last 6 weeks we also saw Marbury carry the Knicks to victory in crunch time on many occasions. Now, the team has a losing culture. Improve the roster over the offseason and that losing attitude shouldn't carry over to next season and we'll see the same Marbury who carried the team to many victories last season and up until about six weeks ago this year.
All Fall: Lotto Thread: Roses are orange, Nix wear blue the 6'ers have AI and Dalembart Too!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy