[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rose or Zscerbiak?????
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/14/2005  10:12 AM
Of course marbs was not the end all. TT, NAzr, Bake, Craw, All were suppose the make the team better. And We are worse. IT was suppossed to be a mid grade talent improvement to make us competitive.

This "Part I" has been a disaster?

What your missing mike is I am really not saying the Marbs trade was a bad deal, im just saying it did not have a short term impact other than give us a "curious buzz" that helped sell tickets. Anytime you do somthing short term to help sell tix is a "starphuch".

I agree, the jury is still out, and will be for a few years. We have the highest payroll by far, and it went much higher since Isiah got here. Those are facts. ANd we have the worst record of any knick team in history 4-19 since we were atop the division. Just the facts.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
USA
2/14/2005  10:19 AM
Posted by TMS:

the Williams brothers for JYD perhaps? the dollars seem to match there...i wonder if Isiah would make such a deal? not a blockbuster by any stretch, but it would get us 2 solid role players for the price of 1 at least...none of the 3 are young whippersnappers anyway...i would hate to lose JYD, but the other 2 guys could help this team more than he can alone imo.

I like Aaron williams game. He can play the PF-C. Eric Wil can be useful, and good trade asset. Be nice if he can be with his son. I like JYD, a lot, but we need other things.
MikeFromNY
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #870
2/14/2005  10:28 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Bottom line is the bottom line. The fact remains the Marbury deal was a Starphuch. WE got a much better player than we had on the roster, and we had a nice little run, but for what ever reason(s) we are falling fast and heading into lotto land. ANd for what ever reason, that makes this team a disaster.

Posted by Nalod:

I agree, the jury is still out, and will be for a few years.

Those statements seem to contradict eachother.

The bottom line is that the Marbury trade was not meant to be a "quick fix". He's young, and will be here for a while. I do agree that this year, they're not playing up to the potential that they have. But considering that they're potential wasn't supposed to be great anyway, I can't agree that it's a "disaster". Trying to get from where we were under Layden to a good team will take some growing pains.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
2/14/2005  10:28 AM
I like both Williams because they both play defense. However, I wouldn't trade JYD to get them. Why not Kurt and Nazr for the two??? JYD is a keeper......

Posted by Nalod:
Posted by TMS:

the Williams brothers for JYD perhaps? the dollars seem to match there...i wonder if Isiah would make such a deal? not a blockbuster by any stretch, but it would get us 2 solid role players for the price of 1 at least...none of the 3 are young whippersnappers anyway...i would hate to lose JYD, but the other 2 guys could help this team more than he can alone imo.

I like Aaron williams game. He can play the PF-C. Eric Wil can be useful, and good trade asset. Be nice if he can be with his son. I like JYD, a lot, but we need other things.
The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/14/2005  10:38 AM
I like both Williams because they both play defense. However, I wouldn't trade JYD to get them. Why not Kurt and Nazr for the two??? JYD is a keeper......

nah, KT & Nazr are more valuable than the Williams' bros imo...i would do the JYD deal because it also works out financially for the Knicks as well...ATrain will be a decent trade asset after next season w/his expiring deal & EWill is a better player than JYD is imho...the only reason i think this would even interest TOR is because both those guys are pining to get out of there & the TOR fans still love JYD to death...we might have to throw in a 2nd rounder though to even out the talent somewhat.

[Edited by - TMS on 02/14/2005 10:38:56]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/14/2005  10:40 AM
Posted by MikeFromNY:
Posted by Allanfan20:
I don't understand how when a deal turns out well, you can say it was luck and I suspect you'll do it again.

Alright, you dig into everyone of my posts on MSG, Zone, here and all of the message boards. You go look for where I said all the good deals turned out to be luck. I said the Marbury deal was lucky.

While it very well may be true that you don't feel that all of Isiah's good moves stem from luck....I do agree with Bonn that saying the Marbury trade was "lucky" is kind of silly.

How do you know that Isiah simply didn't think that Lampe and Vujanic were never going to pan out very well? Can you really question Isiah's ability to judge young talent?
Exactly. You can't call it luck when Isiah simply made the correct, intelligent assessments of Lampe and Vujanic, unless you consider intelligent decision making to be luck
Bonn1997
USA
2/14/2005  10:42 AM
Posted by MikeFromNY:
Posted by Nalod:

Bottom line is the bottom line. The fact remains the Marbury deal was a Starphuch. WE got a much better player than we had on the roster, and we had a nice little run, but for what ever reason(s) we are falling fast and heading into lotto land. ANd for what ever reason, that makes this team a disaster.

Posted by Nalod:

The bottom line is that the Marbury trade was not meant to be a "quick fix". He's young, and will be here for a while. I do agree that this year, they're not playing up to the potential that they have. But considering that they're potential wasn't supposed to be great anyway, I can't agree that it's a "disaster". Trying to get from where we were under Layden to a good team will take some growing pains.
those are all great points. That's my interpretation too
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/14/2005  11:46 AM
I'm done posting in this thread. I also NEVER said I questioned Isiahs ability to judge young talent. In fact, I have praised him more often than not, in that category.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
USA
2/14/2005  1:15 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by MikeFromNY:
Posted by Nalod:

Posted by Nalod:

those are all great points. That's my interpretation too

YOu don't think this year is turning into a disaster?

Yo don't think Spending 103 mil on this pile of crap is ok? YOu don't think selling a big tix price hike and then watching this group not go all out? We are not near .500, we are not even close, we are in the spiral downward in the worst division! We are doing worse than any knick team in history!

I never said marbury was not a special talent.
MikeFromNY
Member: #870
2/14/2005  1:27 PM
Posted by Nalod:

No offense, but I think I made myself awfully clear...

I never said marbury was not a special talent.

Yea....but I never said you did.

[Edited by - MikeFromNY on 02/14/2005 13:34:23]
Bonn1997
USA
2/14/2005  1:31 PM
Posted by MikeFromNY:
Posted by Nalod:

No offense, but I think I made myself awfully clear...
You did; he's just a little S-L-O-W
Bonn1997
USA
2/14/2005  1:33 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

I'm done posting in this thread. I also NEVER said I questioned Isiahs ability to judge young talent. In fact, I have praised him more often than not, in that category.
So are you crediting is ability to judge the young talent (or lack thereof) of Lampe and Vujanic or are you saying he was just *lucky* that they didn't turn out good. You can't have it both ways.
TMS
USA
2/14/2005  1:50 PM
S-L-O-W!

funny how Bonn likes to comment on the maturity level of others when he has no problem taking little digs like this at others.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
2/14/2005  1:53 PM
Posted by TMS:
S-L-O-W!

funny how Bonn likes to comment on the maturity level of others when he has no problem taking little digs like this at others.
I'm sure you're terribly offended by several signatures Nalod has had then if this one signature bothers you. I don't think I ever claimed to be mature with my posting here anyway. I just come on here to have a good time, which means at times arguing with people I disagree with or mocking people who mock me first. I'll always be friendly with people who are friendly with me, though.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/14/2005 14:35:02]
Bonn1997
USA
2/14/2005  1:55 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Snit boy, play well with other! Just get along, stop pretending its so innocent. Its annoying! And it just ain't me is it?
Who else is it, S-L-O-W kid (maybe Islesfan) It's obviously not allanfan who just said he's happy to post with me. And I'm happy to post with him too. That means we can still disagree at times
TMS
USA
2/14/2005  3:26 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I'm sure you're terribly offended by several signatures Nalod has had then if this one signature bothers you. I don't think I ever claimed to be mature with my posting here anyway. I just come on here to have a good time, which means at times arguing with people I disagree with or mocking people who mock me first. I'll always be friendly with people who are friendly with me, though.

i didn't say your signature bothered me...i just said i found it funny that you were commenting on how immature it was for me to make some jokes towards you yet you have no problems taking digs at other people...once again you take a point i was making & twist it to mean something else...did you click on that link i posted for you?

you know i like posting with you, but when you take things i say & misread them & then argue your point to discredit what you THOUGHT i said it gets tiresome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/14/2005  3:29 PM
Bonn: the relentless pursuit of being right (and letting everyone else know)

Here's to perfection. What happened to the Wally/Jalen debate?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
USA
2/14/2005  5:39 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I'll admit I'm guilty as charged there. From now on when people disagree with me, I'll try to just let them be happily wrong rather than rubbing it in their faces that they're wrong!
Nalod
USA
2/14/2005  11:55 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

I'll admit I'm guilty as charged there. From now on when people disagree with me, I'll try to just let them be happily wrong rather than rubbing it in their faces that they're wrong!

HOw can you do that? I must really S--l--o--w!

Rose or Zscerbiak?????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy