Rose or Zscerbiak?????
Author Thread
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
2/12/2005  2:10 AM
try this for size:

wally + kandi = kt + jyd + vin baker. if minny wants a little sugar top it off with a second wounder.

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
AUTOADVERT
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
2/12/2005  3:43 AM
okay, okay.....i know what some of you are thinking, [at this hour of day it should be dreaming] im not too geeked up about kandi but in this case i'm using reverse mediocrity(LOL. zeke brings a mediocre player and that player reverses all expectations to a model player. in doing so, fans of real genius bandwagon together chanting "i told you so" while zeke puts on a bigger smile
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/12/2005  2:14 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Really? When did Phoenix win a championship?

do you read the posts before you reply to them? did i say they had won a championship?
Yes, but you obviously don't. I asked two questions, neither of which applies to Phoenix:

How many of the recent championship teams got their star player by getting under the salary cap?
They're not a championship team

How many teams under the salary cap are championship contenders?
They're not under the cap

Phoenix is irrelevant to the questions I posed, but you still brought them up anyway

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/12/2005 14:15:22]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/12/2005  8:30 PM
like getting your teeth pulled i tell ya!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/12/2005  9:02 PM
Posted by TMS:

like getting your teeth pulled i tell ya!

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/12/2005  9:16 PM
Phoenix was under the cap LAST Summer, leading to them getting Q-Rich and Steve Nash. They can thank Isiah for the assist.

Like TMS said, maybe they aren't going to WIN the championship, but they are threats, making them contenders. They just need to get a guy like a Dalembert and stock up there bench a little. Take note, I didn't say Dalembert. I said a guy like him. They need a defensive guy.

Bonn, it's not just about us being over the cap. We may never be under the cap (I am sure we will,) but it's having so many contracts that are so untradable until there expiring years, and even then, they aren't gonna net us too much unless we get lucky, like in the Marbury deal.

Wally is not the type of guy that I want, with his contract, unless we are getting something else really enticing. If his contract is that bad, then there are plenty of other guys with his skills. Heck, I still say a healthy Allan is better, but Allan ain't healthy, and he may never be, so lets not go there.

If anyone read what I posted last Summer, Kareem Rush is a free agent this Summer, and is currently starting for the Bobcats. We can always get him for cheap instead. May not be as good as Wally, but he's young and possibly rising, so we shall see.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/12/2005  9:50 PM
minny will probably look to move cassell and spree.

maybe a three way where we send tim thomas to minny,spree goes somewhere and we get something from that third team

atlanta & Antoine? toronto & rose?
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
2/12/2005  10:15 PM
As much as I would love to see a trade, I don't believe that Isiah will do anything this season...It is looking more and more like he is not interested. He is considering all of the bad trades so far. We can do without a good SF or SG, but we can't do without a big man....Isiah is considering trading for Williams of the Raptors, instead of a big man...I know that he wants or interested in Marshal, if we can find a way to get Marshal and Williams together, it will be good, but Marshall doesn't have a postup game, he is just like Kurt Thomas....We don't need Marshall At this point of the season, we need to think cheap, go and find guys hungry players from the NBDL or players like Jamal Sampson who was just released and offer them a 10 day evaluation contract...if it works out, keep them......Come the trade deadline, if we can move a bad contract, then we should do it.....

Posted by franco12:

minny will probably look to move cassell and spree.

maybe a three way where we send tim thomas to minny,spree goes somewhere and we get something from that third team

atlanta & Antoine? toronto & rose?
The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
USA
2/12/2005  10:19 PM
Isiah is considering trading for Williams of the Raptors, instead of a big man...I know that he wants or interested in Marshal

mind telling us how you know this? just curious.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
2/12/2005  10:52 PM
NYPost.....

Isiah Thomas has yet to speak with Toronto about small forward Eric Williams, who has publicly asked for a trade. But Thomas is expected to make an inquiry before the Feb. 24 trading deadline.

Thomas looked into Williams when the Newark native was a free agent last summer. Williams signed with the Nets in a three-year, $12 million deal, most of the mid-level exception.

Williams, 32, is not the young piece Isiah craves. But he can get him cheap, for Jerome Williams, a former Toronto fan favorite

Posted by TMS:
Isiah is considering trading for Williams of the Raptors, instead of a big man...I know that he wants or interested in Marshal

mind telling us how you know this? just curious.
The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
USA
2/12/2005  10:58 PM
the Williams brothers for JYD perhaps? the dollars seem to match there...i wonder if Isiah would make such a deal? not a blockbuster by any stretch, but it would get us 2 solid role players for the price of 1 at least...none of the 3 are young whippersnappers anyway...i would hate to lose JYD, but the other 2 guys could help this team more than he can alone imo.
Bonn1997
USA
2/13/2005  11:07 AM
Bonn, it's not just about us being over the cap. We may never be under the cap (I am sure we will,) but it's having so many contracts that are so untradable until there expiring years, and even then, they aren't gonna net us too much unless we get lucky, like in the Marbury deal.
Lucky? What?? Whenever Isiah makes a good deal, we just got "lucky"??
Allanfan20
USA
2/13/2005  11:46 AM
OK. Read my post this time. I said IN THE MARBURY DEAL. Not EVERY deal Isiah makes. How many times do I have to say we got lucky in that deal, b/c Lampe and Milos may very well turn out to be NBA nobodys. It's not absolute, but it's a sure threat right now. And don't use the Carter deal as an example, b/c they were absolutely desperate to get rid of him, and we didn't need Carter anyway. No way he and Marbury coexist.

We don't need teams castoffs anymore. There is a reason that they are castoffs to begin with. I agree giving Marbury a shot is good and we should keep him. I agree giving Jamal a shot is OK too, b/c he is so young and the Bulls had so much all around talent, they didn't need him (He just didn't fit in the org.). But we gotto start developing our own stars. Just once at least. We really really really need it right now.

Bonn, I respect your opinions, and I'm happy posting with you very much. We've been posting together for almost 2 years now? However, DON'T put words into my posts and then get offended by that, like it appeared you did.

[Edited by - Allanfan20 on 02/13/2005 12:23:48]
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TMS
USA
2/13/2005  12:04 PM
Bonn has a hard time reading posts & taking them for what they actually mean rather than what he assumes the poster is trying to say.

here Bonn, this may help:

http://www.manatee.k12.fl.us/sites/elementary/palmasola/rcompindex2.htm
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/13/2005  1:14 PM
Posted by TMS:

Bonn has a hard time reading posts & taking them for what they actually mean rather than what he assumes the poster is trying to say.

here Bonn, this may help:

http://www.manatee.k12.fl.us/sites/elementary/palmasola/rcompindex2.htm
LOL . That just made my day.
Bonn1997
USA
2/13/2005  9:25 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

OK. Read my post this time. I said IN THE MARBURY DEAL. Not EVERY deal Isiah makes. How many times do I have to say we got lucky in that deal, b/c Lampe and Milos may very well turn out to be NBA nobodys. It's not absolute, but it's a sure threat right now. And don't use the Carter deal as an example, b/c they were absolutely desperate to get rid of him, and we didn't need Carter anyway. No way he and Marbury coexist.

We don't need teams castoffs anymore. There is a reason that they are castoffs to begin with. I agree giving Marbury a shot is good and we should keep him. I agree giving Jamal a shot is OK too, b/c he is so young and the Bulls had so much all around talent, they didn't need him (He just didn't fit in the org.). But we gotto start developing our own stars. Just once at least. We really really really need it right now.

Bonn, I respect your opinions, and I'm happy posting with you very much. We've been posting together for almost 2 years now? However, DON'T put words into my posts and then get offended by that, like it appeared you did.

[Edited by - Allanfan20 on 02/13/2005 12:23:48]
I read your post and knew you were refering to the Marbury deal. I don't understand how when a deal turns out well, you can say it was luck and I suspect you'll do it again. Maybe Isiah can evaluate talent well and thought Lampe would be a bust and vaginic would never come to the NBA. Maybe it was intelligence and not luck. This has nothing to do with either of us being able to read each other's messages and it's childish to say that the other poster can't read.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 02/13/2005 22:25:18]
Allanfan20
USA
2/14/2005  1:42 AM
I don't understand how when a deal turns out well, you can say it was luck and I suspect you'll do it again.

Alright, you dig into everyone of my posts on MSG, Zone, here and all of the message boards. You go look for where I said all the good deals turned out to be luck. I said the Marbury deal was lucky. I don't understand why you are getting offended by that. It's good to have luck on your side. Just about every team that has success experiences luck. No, you can't depend on it. But you still need a little. We got lucky that we were able to give up so little for one of the bests PGs (Heck players) in the league. And the Suns were LUCKY, my friend, for being able to give up a player of Marburys calibre and convincing Nash to come play, and becoming a championship calibre team.

Bonn, I never said the Crawford deal or the Nazr/TT deal or the Norris deal were about luck. Go find where I said that. Have fun and enjoy suspecting things I'm gonna say. And for the record, I also never said you can't read my posts. TMS was the one joking around. But if you want to take the route begging for my sarcastic comments fine, then you will regret the day that happened for the rest of your life. You will cry.
MikeFromNY
Member: #870
2/14/2005  8:35 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:
I don't understand how when a deal turns out well, you can say it was luck and I suspect you'll do it again.

Alright, you dig into everyone of my posts on MSG, Zone, here and all of the message boards. You go look for where I said all the good deals turned out to be luck. I said the Marbury deal was lucky.

While it very well may be true that you don't feel that all of Isiah's good moves stem from luck....I do agree with Bonn that saying the Marbury trade was "lucky" is kind of silly.

How do you know that Isiah simply didn't think that Lampe and Vujanic were never going to pan out very well? Can you really question Isiah's ability to judge young talent?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/14/2005  8:48 AM
Snit boy, play well with other! Just get along, stop pretending its so innocent. Its annoying! And it just ain't me is it?

The luck of the Marbury deal was he got to use Laydens notes! That deal was in the works, and likely Dolan had so little confidence in taking on all that salary under Layden, that he first had to bring in somone credible.

The luck of the Marbury deal was not the outcome. THe old "we are better off now then before Layden" is out the window. Never before has a knick team had such a losing stretch last this long. Period.

Thats the immeadiate present (nice play on words)and I did think this team was good, but man was I wrong. Lets not get into the same arguement of fact vs. perception for the 1000th time, it is what it is.

Bottom line is the bottom line. The fact remains the Marbury deal was a Starphuch. WE got a much better player than we had on the roster, and we had a nice little run, but for what ever reason(s) we are falling fast and heading into lotto land. ANd for what ever reason, that makes this team a disaster. Fatspoon, Eisley and Anderson all are not good players, but they never had a run like the one we are going thru. NO I don't want them back, but we are who we are, and our record speaks for itself.

So what do we do? Exactly what Isiah SAYS he is going to do. Feel the pain, and load up with fresh meat.

MikeFromNY
Member: #870
2/14/2005  8:59 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Bottom line is the bottom line. The fact remains the Marbury deal was a Starphuch. WE got a much better player than we had on the roster, and we had a nice little run, but for what ever reason(s) we are falling fast and heading into lotto land. ANd for what ever reason, that makes this team a disaster. Fatspoon, Eisley and Anderson all are not good players, but they never had a run like the one we are going thru. NO I don't want them back, but we are who we are, and our record speaks for itself.

So what do we do? Exactly what Isiah SAYS he is going to do. Feel the pain, and load up with fresh meat.

One terrible year does not derail a "retooling" proccess. This year was never meant to be a year in which we contend in the first place...no matter how bad we do, it doesn't make the Marbuy trade a bad one.

There are still more moves to be made in order to make this a good team. Marbury was just the first of many. He wasn't supposed to make the team great all by himself.
Rose or Zscerbiak?????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy