[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tiago Splitter
Author Thread
NYKfan1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #679
USA
2/10/2005  3:02 PM
there has been a lot of talk about guys like andrew bogut, chris taft, etc.. and the attention paid to them is well deserved as they are both great prospects, but one guy we dont here mentioned very much is tiago splitter from brazil. this guy is a 6-11 pf, who thinks defense first, is a great shot blocker, but still has a developed low post game. he is on basiclly on every mock draft rated rite up there with taft as the best pf in this draft. we probably wont be high enough for taft, at highest i bet the knicks are going to be around pick number six, so why not draft a guy like splitter who seems to fit all of our needs. of course bogut shoud probably be rated higher on the KNICKS list because simply he's a center and thats huge, but i think splitter is definetly someone worth thinking about for the knicks.
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/10/2005  3:17 PM
the only stuff i know about this guy is what i read in scouting reports online...i think he fits exactly the description of the type of player this team needs right now if he is as advertised.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/10/2005  3:18 PM
NO NO NO

I just dont think the Knicks can afford to draft a guy that never plays based only on workouts. we have too many needs and MUST come away with a good player in this draft.

It depends on where we pick. We still need help at every position except PG. I would much rather take a guy like Warrick, Graham or another college player thats at least shown he can really perform at a high level.

Maybe if he comes to a draft camp and smokes some guys I change my tune. I would have no problem trading for an extra pick to get him. On the other hand I think thats a GREAT idea. If Isiah is really high on him maybe we trade next year's #1 to get him. If there's a team looking to hold their cap space its a legit option.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
2/10/2005  3:38 PM
that guy has intrigued me for the past 8-10 months. he can play the 3/4, and is athletic. i'd look at him long and hard. so to speak. zeke should have someone looking at him right now. NYKfan, you do realize the odds are against the knicks picking up splitter right? i don't know if the skin tone is to zeke's liking. jk, but he is on my radar also.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/10/2005  3:42 PM
"Splitter" is a cool name. We should get him jsut for that.

Shorten to "SPLIT"!

I don't know enough, but a guy like that whom is not polished is a good late round pick to risk on.
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
2/10/2005  3:52 PM
Knicks can go in the draft with a lot of options. If we make all the right moves, especially before the trading deadline and accumulate as many draft picks as possible, we will in excellent condition....The Nets are very lucky to have the draft picks that they got from Denver. I don't know if they traded any of them to Toronto for Vince, but regardless, they are still on track at building something very special out there.....The Knicks have many needs. We need a SG believe or not, because I am not sold on Crawff as our SG; we need a SF, and most of all Centers with skills.....Now that Nazr is hurt, I don't know if we will be able to move him, but you know what, things happen for a reason....Perhaps by next season, we will probably be able to trade him for an even better player.....

Trade Kurt and Peny to a contender with scoring need like Minesota for Zerbiak and draft picks, and retain TT and Houston until next season. Carmelo, Bron, and many other good players will be available, and by then we should be able to trade the expiring contracts to at least get one of them......
The true Knickabocker..........
fishmike
USA
2/10/2005  3:52 PM
has Isiah drafted a bust? I know he worked out Jones and Tinsley who Indiana drafted late and are good players. He drafted Camby, Damon and TMac with his lottery pick when he managed the Raptors.

I feel good about his track record with the draft. My guess is if he takes Splitter he sees something worth it.
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
2/10/2005  4:14 PM
our balls are definitely in his hands. we know he has people overseas, as for who he's looking at is beyond me. i'm w/fish though i trust his judgement.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/10/2005  4:26 PM
Splitter is a known quantity to NBA scouts. The guy has been on their radar screens for 2-3 years now, so there won't be any mistakes on him. And its entirely possible someone like him could come in and contribute right away...like Nena and Anderson.
fishmike
USA
2/10/2005  4:32 PM
VDesai, I have also read while some are high on him other dont see him as a lottery pick.

Chad Ford wrote (take anything he says with a bucket of salt)
Tiago Splitter, PF, Brazil
The facts: 20, 6-10, 240 pounds; 8.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg in Euroleague
The skinny: After blowing it at a private Chicago draft camp workout last
summer, it looked like Splitter was going to fall off the draft map. Then a
funny thing happened. He went back to Europe, started getting 18 mpg and is now
putting up great numbers for a 19-year-old (he just turned 20 this month) on one
of Europe's deepest teams.
Suddenly, all those NBA scouts who said Splitter was overrated are changing
their tune. Splitter has an NBA body that he has made stronger over the past few
months. Most scouts agree his defense is ahead of his offense right now. He's an
excellent rebounder and shot blocker. He does have a nice handle and a good, but
not a great, jumper. He's very long and runs the floor well.
Apparently, scouts claim his athleticism and coordination are also improving.
He's fearless and doesn't mind contact in the paint. Despite his youth, scouts
claim Splitter plays like he's 25.
Nevertheless, they're still all over the board with Splitter. Some have him
rated as high as a mid-lottery pick. Others still have him in the 20s. If
Splitter continues to play and produce in Spain this year, expect him to land
somewhere in the late lottery.
diderotn
USA
2/10/2005  4:36 PM
I trust Isiah with my draft pick....

Posted by fishmike:

VDesai, I have also read while some are high on him other dont see him as a lottery pick.

Chad Ford wrote (take anything he says with a bucket of salt)
Tiago Splitter, PF, Brazil
The facts: 20, 6-10, 240 pounds; 8.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg in Euroleague
The skinny: After blowing it at a private Chicago draft camp workout last
summer, it looked like Splitter was going to fall off the draft map. Then a
funny thing happened. He went back to Europe, started getting 18 mpg and is now
putting up great numbers for a 19-year-old (he just turned 20 this month) on one
of Europe's deepest teams.
Suddenly, all those NBA scouts who said Splitter was overrated are changing
their tune. Splitter has an NBA body that he has made stronger over the past few
months. Most scouts agree his defense is ahead of his offense right now. He's an
excellent rebounder and shot blocker. He does have a nice handle and a good, but
not a great, jumper. He's very long and runs the floor well.
Apparently, scouts claim his athleticism and coordination are also improving.
He's fearless and doesn't mind contact in the paint. Despite his youth, scouts
claim Splitter plays like he's 25.
Nevertheless, they're still all over the board with Splitter. Some have him
rated as high as a mid-lottery pick. Others still have him in the 20s. If
Splitter continues to play and produce in Spain this year, expect him to land
somewhere in the late lottery.

fishmike
USA
2/10/2005  4:36 PM
now if he fell to the 20s and Isiah did something like offer the Magic $3mm and Houston's #2 for pick 18 then kick ass. Thats a lot of cash for a lot of franchises unsure about making a minimum 3 year commitment to a rookie. Dolan keeps saying Isiah has full resources. Better to spend an extra $3mm on young guys that can develop into bigtime players or a package for one, then spend $50mm on bad players coming back trades for expiring contracts (see Penny exibit A)
diderotn
USA
2/10/2005  4:42 PM
I agree with you on that.....

Posted by fishmike:

now if he fell to the 20s and Isiah did something like offer the Magic $3mm and Houston's #2 for pick 18 then kick ass. Thats a lot of cash for a lot of franchises unsure about making a minimum 3 year commitment to a rookie. Dolan keeps saying Isiah has full resources. Better to spend an extra $3mm on young guys that can develop into bigtime players or a package for one, then spend $50mm on bad players coming back trades for expiring contracts (see Penny exibit A)
Tiago Splitter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy