[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ariza's contract:
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/10/2005  11:57 AM
Since its come up a couple of times like most 2nd rounders the Knicks have an option on him for next year:

TRANSACTIONS
08/03/04: New York signed Trevor Ariza to a 2-year, minimum salary contract. The 2nd year is non-guaranteed.

http://www.realgm.com/src_playerfile.php?playerid=987

As I thought this is good because we hold all the options. If we dont use the LLE on him this year we can use part of the MLE or resign him after next year. Point is there's options.

My guess is 2 years $3mm gets it done this offseason vs. the $450k he would make next year. Plus any agent with a brain would want his client to be in a postion to get a big payday from the Knicks. The 2 year deal does that. Rumor has it the Knicks pay players pretty good
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/10/2005  12:33 PM
He's putting up 11/4 as a starter this year. I think he'll be ready to be the permanent starter next year and put up at least 13/5 (probably more) as a then-20 year old, in which case he'd be much more expensive to re-sign than he will be this year. It's really important that the Knicks re-sign him this offseason, unless they plan to hide him again next year by playing him only 15 mpg, which would be a plan I wouldn't like. He should be our starter next year and with a contract that gives us his Bird rights.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/10/2005  1:57 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

He's putting up 11/4 as a starter this year. I think he'll be ready to be the permanent starter next year and put up at least 13/5 (probably more) as a then-20 year old, in which case he'd be much more expensive to re-sign than he will be this year. It's really important that the Knicks re-sign him this offseason, unless they plan to hide him again next year by playing him only 15 mpg, which would be a plan I wouldn't like. He should be our starter next year and with a contract that gives us his Bird rights.

Chill out! You sound like "Rainman"!

Knicks have a history of not being cheap. We take care of our players even when we make promises that don't make sense years later.

Dolan is a lot of things, but he keeps his word. I thnk Isiah and Dolan have noticed young Reezy's progress and potential.

I don't think we going to screw ourselves into a "gilbert Arenas" type situation where we can't reasign the kid as he got priced out. Look, if the kid don't sign and wants the big bucks now, he'll get traded to a team that can pay him. That sucks, but what are you going to do. If he does not sign, we can sit his ass and move forward, but I think a trade would be a priority before.

We hold some strings, and if he has an agent with half a brain, he'll work with the team on something.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/10/2005  2:19 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Chill out! You sound like "Rainman"!

Knicks have a history of not being cheap. We take care of our players even when we make promises that don't make sense years later.

Dolan is a lot of things, but he keeps his word. I thnk Isiah and Dolan have noticed young Reezy's progress and potential.

I don't think we going to screw ourselves into a "gilbert Arenas" type situation where we can't reasign the kid as he got priced out. Look, if the kid don't sign and wants the big bucks now, he'll get traded to a team that can pay him. That sucks, but what are you going to do. If he does not sign, we can sit his ass and move forward, but I think a trade would be a priority before.

We hold some strings, and if he has an agent with half a brain, he'll work with the team on something.
I'm not worried about losing him. What I want is to be able to re-sign him while using up as little of the MLE as possible (which would mean more money available on other FAs). It will be much easier to achieve that goal this summer than next year.
Ariza's contract:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy