some notes from last nights game...
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/10/2005  10:22 AM
Shaq is huge. My god the man is unreal.
Marbury starts the game creating, but guys just dont hit shots. Cant tell you how many times he would drive dish, the ball would swing to an open man who would clang a jumper.

I'm getting the feeling KT is being shopped. In fairness to him also he plays hard every minute. The thing with his defense is he's so fundamentally sound. His feet are always in the right spot, his hands are always up and he doesnt get caught in the air. I could actually see him being a good coach one day.

As Briggs mentioned, Nazr is here to stay. That groin injury will have him sidelined for no less then 4 weeks and he may have even torn something. Maybe we can get a trade exception?

Marbury isnt god but man the guy can play. He's so wide, he's really built like a tail back or a pit bull. He's also getting tired. Olympics + 42 minutes a night have him looking tired late in games. Its showing at the FT line.

Penny plays hard. I was suprised to see him away from the ball really fighting over picks and trying to work the boards. One problem: he cant move. Its bad... really bad. Anyone can drive around him like he's a tackling dummy.

TT is the biggest dog I have ever seen. He loafs, plain and simple. The level of ineptitude he's reached is surreal. Eddie Jones was a good defender at 2 guard about 5 years ago. Now TT cant even post him up.

Ariza is the truth. He's got a solid handle and really defended Wade well, especially away from the ball. You really miss that on TV. He reminds of Starks how he chases his man. Everything he does comes in the flow. He crashes the boards so effectively. There will be nights when his work doesnt show up in the box score.. he will have his share of 8 point, 2 rebound nights but the guy is the truth and the one true bright spot for this season.

Everytime Sweetney was in good things happened... I'm pretty sure KT is going to get major minute the next 2-3 weeks as we shop him. I even wonder if Isiah has told Marbury to see that he gets his shots.

We have no backup PG. Maybe Crawford, but he didnt play. Brewer is awful.. his hustle and defense dont make up for how bad he is. Earl Watson and Charlie Ward are good hustle guys. Brewer is unwatchable.

Baker didnt even warm up. He literally took 3 jumpers and didnt do the normal drills and stretching guys do. Either he knew he wasnt playing, wasnt really available or didnt care.

We play hard. With the exception to Tim, these guys do work for Herb. Take it for what its worth.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/10/2005  10:52 AM
Nice. thanks. Reinforces what most of us are guessing from TV watching.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/10/2005  11:01 AM
the bonehead play of the game is awarded to TT on that last bucket MIA scored to tie the game in regulation where he was supposed to switch onto Penny's man as he let him drive into the lane..."oops, my bad dog"

GAZY!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/10/2005  11:27 AM
TMS... that wouldnt even bother me. Like those bad plays Penny made didnt bother me. at least Penny was trying... you could really see him pushing himself, he's just shot.

TT just loafs.. plain and simple. He doesnt hustle, he doesnt force guys to work hard to defend him, he's a bloody joke.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/10/2005  11:43 AM
I agree, I like the way we are playing, but I am also happy our core guys, marbs, sweets, ariza and even nazr are playing very hard... penny I like his heart, the guy isn't even half the player he used to be, yet het guts it out every night, I admire that. TT, who cares, the guy decides when he wants to play, that disgusts me.. Brewer tries hard, very hard, but face it, brewer does not have NBA skills, he has big time athleticism, but he has suspect handles, passing is marginal and his shot is horrible.. we could of used crawford last night to spell marbs at the point some, but we really need a backup, that is why I hated to give up frank williams in that deal, he could help us out right about now..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/10/2005  11:53 AM
I've had the pleasure of catching a few Knicks games this year from about 10 rows back (the best seats I've ever had - AWESOME... $240 face value - not awesome... gettin' them for free - AWESOME). Anyway, I was there when the Knicks played Atlanta early this season. Me and my buddy made it a point to scope out TT's play throughout the game and the dude is just doggin' it out there. I mean, I couldn't believe how not into it he seemed. It's magnified when you are there live because you can really focus on whatever you want to. His movement away from the ball was sluggish and he only seemed to exert effort when he was given the rock. I don't know about that dude. I wanted to like him. I still want to like him. I don't like having Knicks that I hate, but he really doesn't do much to inspire you to like him in any way. He's one of the illest flops of all time and living proof that all the physical tools in the world can't make up for a poor mental approach to the game.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
2/10/2005  2:02 PM
It is nice to have some pieces at certain positions, where you don't have to worry about them. The Knicks know they have a 1, 2, and 3 in Marbury, Crawford and Ariza. Sweetney is still unproven at the 4, they definitely need a 5 and a lot of depth. Isiah should approach the offseason that way. If he can land a C in the draft (Bogut), either sign a backup PG (maybe Earl Watson, though I dont think he wants to backup anymore) or draft a backup PG (Marbury is already wearing down from the excess minutes, they need to give him help), and then use the MLE money on, hopefully, Stromile Swift. A defensive-minded backup 2/3 would also be nice (I'd trade for Ruben Patterson in a second if they wanted KT or someone like that). Those, to me, would be steps in the right direction.

I love what I've seen from Ariza, he should stay at the 3 and continue to improve.
#Knickstaps
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
2/10/2005  3:25 PM
Posted by eViL:

I've had the pleasure of catching a few Knicks games this year from about 10 rows back (the best seats I've ever had - AWESOME... $240 face value - not awesome... gettin' them for free - AWESOME). Anyway, I was there when the Knicks played Atlanta early this season. Me and my buddy made it a point to scope out TT's play throughout the game and the dude is just doggin' it out there. I mean, I couldn't believe how not into it he seemed. It's magnified when you are there live because you can really focus on whatever you want to. His movement away from the ball was sluggish and he only seemed to exert effort when he was given the rock. I don't know about that dude. I wanted to like him. I still want to like him. I don't like having Knicks that I hate, but he really doesn't do much to inspire you to like him in any way. He's one of the illest flops of all time and living proof that all the physical tools in the world can't make up for a poor mental approach to the game.
i'm witcha, he made a defensive play (well kinda) on jones late in the game. blocked his shot, jones flopped and got the call. maybe this is just me, and if it is i guess i'm just an azzhole, but you don't help him up at that stage of the game. apparently gazy don't feel that way. even if it's a hard foul, near the end of the game. when the game is on the line "sorry, i need to conserve my energy baby. you get up on your own" let me ask this one question, do you think oakley would have helped him up? starks? shlt, even crazy eyes would have just looked down at him.

and then ofcourse at the end of the game he's exchanging recipes w/shaq and d.jones at mid-court like they did'nt just run him off his own court. THAT burned me up big time. you can't be "more righter" when you say you try to like him, so do i, but when you put forth the effort he does....oh well.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/10/2005  3:38 PM
Riles would fine any player who helped up an opponent.

You only help up a player if your taking smack while doing it. It can further demoralize a player.

But I prefer Riles methoed.

I like what L8ner did in college, he knocked down a Kentucky player, then he thumped him with his foot in his chest. It was not a painful step, just to send a message of what a piece of crap he thought of the wildcat was. Laetner was a son of a bitch, but in his mind he would own you, and eventually he just about did every player in college! He might not have been a great pro, but he still earns a nice 7 figure salary some 13 years in the league! He was not well liked, but that was not his job!

No all players need be Oak to be tough!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/10/2005  4:19 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Riles would fine any player who helped up an opponent.

You only help up a player if your taking smack while doing it. It can further demoralize a player.

But I prefer Riles methoed.

I like what L8ner did in college, he knocked down a Kentucky player, then he thumped him with his foot in his chest. It was not a painful step, just to send a message of what a piece of crap he thought of the wildcat was. Laetner was a son of a bitch, but in his mind he would own you, and eventually he just about did every player in college! He might not have been a great pro, but he still earns a nice 7 figure salary some 13 years in the league! He was not well liked, but that was not his job!

No all players need be Oak to be tough!

excellent post, my wife was watching the game, and wondering why players were smiling and talking to each other during games and then socializing after games as if they just finished a game of checkers and drinking tea.... I told her I didn't like it, it took some of the edge off of the competitiveness. When I played In HS, eventhough I had friends who played on opposing teams, we were not friends during the game, period.... I didn't like latner in college, but I understand the foot in the chest to the Kentucky player, it was like don't come in my house with that Sh*!!!! The same thing with the UNLV rebels and larry Johnson, they played to destroy their opponents, the knicks need that fire, TT should of let eddie joned get fat azz shaq to come over and pick him up. It is all about pride and feeling that you are the better player and better team, that makes a huge difference..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Masterplan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #362
2/10/2005  7:02 PM
brewer is an awesome player... in pregame warmups. during the layup drill he throws down monster dunks. it's cool what you can do when everyone is jsut watching.

we need crawford back healthy. if we're trying to win or lose, we gave him a contract that means he's part of this team for years. so either he's got to learn to win now, or fugire out how to play with guys like ariza and sweetney who should be here with him.

we jsut need to disappear most of our roster. we need to play guys who will contribute to a team identity, a bunch of assho1es, or an athletic squad, or whatever. we can't be a team of underperformers like penny and houston (injured/past their prime) or just slackers (TT). if only it were as cutting some of them.
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
2/10/2005  10:03 PM
Posted by Masterplan:

brewer is an awesome player... in pregame warmups. during the layup drill he throws down monster dunks.

Yeah. You're right. I've seen him throw down some nasty jams during warm-ups. He did one off the backboard with a one handed catch and a windmill finish that was just sick. He should enter the dunk contest...
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
some notes from last nights game...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy