[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

This could be Herb's big chance
Author Thread
deebo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #740
2/10/2005  10:08 AM
We all know that Herb is doing an outstanding job (well, he's doing better than Lenny). I think he realizes that this could be his chance to get a multi-year contract. He's yelling at the players (something Lenny didn't have enough heart to do), and got them at least looking like they're putting forth effort. He's even got Marbury and KT high fiving and slapping each others butts. Not to mention what djsunyc touched on with the significant amount of minutes that Marbury is playing. Bottom line is, Herb is trying to win.

Everyone here (even me) wants the Knicks to loss and get a high draft pick, but I don't think it's gonna happen. I think that Herb realizes that if the Knicks make a run, and possibly make the playoffs, he could actually win IT's and Dolan's heart and be the permenant head coach. Hell, after watching his segment on Knicks Life on MSG, I've grown to like the guy and think he's good for this youth movement that IT is talking about.

But if I had to choose between Herb being the next permenant head coach or getting a high draft pick, I'd have to choose the latter. I mean Herb is my peps and all, but I'd rather see Bogut in a Knicks uniform that Herb standing on the sideline in a suit. IMO, IT is starting to believe some of the thing that he is saying (I know ya'll don't think that IT actually believes all of that stuff he tells the media). I mean, besides a few nasty blow outs this season, this present team is actually good and could make a run for the playoffs. Just imagine Herb getting us to the playoffs and past the first round. That would almost guarantee him the job. Hell, if he did that and didn't get the job I'd go to Garden and slap IT myself. (BTW, IT reminds me of Denzel in Training Day when he said, "It's not what you know, it's what you can prove!") Gotta love this guy!

Anyway, that's Herb's goal. That's why you've got Marbury playing ridiculous minutes, and Kurt beasting on the boards as if his last name was Rodman. Man, I see something getting ready to happen. A STREAK. No, not the 3-17 streak continuing, but the opposite. Yeah, a winning streak. The last few losses (besides the dunk fest in Denver) have been really close games. It's probably even shocked IT that Herb is doing such a good job. IMO, Herb will get this team to play 48 mpg, and start winning. Hell, Herb may have even went out an purchase some "Vote of Herb in '05" bumper stickers to pass out. You see he's even paid Shaq for his first campaign ad, CAN YOU DIG IT.

It's hurts to say, but IMO Herb will take advantage of the situation and get us to the playoffs. Netting him the permenant coaching job. Remember, come November 2nd, vote Herb.
Don''t sleep!
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/10/2005  10:20 AM
it's good to see these guys to start playing more as a team & not as individuals under Herb...Marbs & KT have clearly settled whatever problems they'd had in CLE, & i like the effort this team is playing with lately...even though they're losing, they're not giving up.

now if he can only get these guys to hit their foul shots, maybe we can squeeze out a few wins.

[Edited by - TMS on 02/10/2005 10:21:15]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
deebo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #740
2/10/2005  10:39 AM
That's why Marbury not going to the All-Star game is a good thing. He needs the rest, the team needs the practices, and the guys need to attend to their aching bodies. The foul shots will fall after everyone gets the well needed rest.

At first I couldn't understand why Marbury was missing all those foul shots. But, it came to light when someone (djsunyc) pointed out the minutes he's been putting in. It's like working a full day without a lunch or a break.
Don''t sleep!
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/10/2005  10:52 AM
I think the Knicks want to hire a big name coach to take some of the focus away from the long rebuilding process that Dolan and Isiah have alluded to. Hiring Jackson would accomplish that goal. I don't think Herb has a shot at being offered an extension unless Jackson and perhaps a couple of other well-known coaches turn the job down.
This could be Herb's big chance

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy