RJ defends team USA
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/10/2005  10:06 AM
Jefferson Disturbed By Criticisms Of Team USA 02/10 -
5:43 AM

Richard Jefferson went on WFAN radio on Wednesday and was asked about his experience in the Olympics and how he felt about the criticisms that Team USA faced.

"I really felt after coming back here (from Greece), we were attacked," Jefferson explained. "Mind you, we didn't play well, I understand that. But it was a little excessive. It wasn't the J-Kidd, Grant Hill, Michael Jordan group. It was A.I. (Allen Iverson), Carmelo Anthony, Stephon Marbury, so it was easy for people to tear us down.

"All I kept hearing was stuff like, 'They need somebody like Fred Hoiberg.' You know what I'm saying? It was little, indirect things like that. It was a chance to tear us down -- especially considering who controls the media -- because they were calling us lazy, (suggesting) that we didn't want to be there, and everyone jumped on that bandwagon and destroyed us."

"Here's the thing: How do you call Tim Duncan lazy, Allen Iverson lazy, myself -- who has done nothing but work hard -- and say we didn't want to be there?" Jefferson said. "They went through 30-something players to find 12 who wanted to be there, and then you criticize the ones who showed up? C'mon, it would be very easy for any of us to say, 'We don't want to go,' but we chose to represent our country. Put it this way: When we were winning, it was Team USA. When we were losing, it was 'Those 12 hip-hop guys that don't care.'"
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/10/2005  10:18 AM
RJ, you lost & you yourself played like crap...stop crying.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/10/2005  10:25 AM
he did play like crap but everything he said is true. The guys played and worked hard and went against teams that had been playing together for years. The way you overcome that? Shaq, KG, Kobe, Tmac.

Water under the bridge
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TMS
USA
2/10/2005  10:55 AM
i agree, they played hard...but i'm sick of hearing RJ running his mouth...in this case, he has no argument...he didn't do squat to help his team win, so he should really keep his mouth shut.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/10/2005  11:05 AM
I'd just thank RJ and the other guys for representing our country and trying their best. I'd blame the selection committee for not putting together a good group of players.
TMS
USA
2/10/2005  11:23 AM
I'd blame the selection committee for not putting together a good group of players.

they had plenty of talent on that team but just didn't get it done...they lost, plain & simple...there's no consolation prize in bringing back a Bronze medal when your country has dominated the sport since it's creation.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/10/2005  11:18 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I'd just thank RJ and the other guys for representing our country and trying their best. I'd blame the selection committee for not putting together a good group of players.

Thats true, blame the "cracker ass crackers" whom put them hip hop hoopsters on the team!
RJ defends team USA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy