How about this one w/ Toronto
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/9/2005  3:46 PM
Nazr + TT for Araujo + Jalen Rose

Tor saves $25mm in future and after next year would have huge cap space to sign or trade for players BEFORE Bosh is up for an extension

Knicks get a young bruiser that Briggs loves and more skilled guy in Rose that can play 1/2/3 and is a proven crunchtime performer.

Then if you could do the KT for Rose + 2 #1s w/ the Spurs you could really be in position to build something this offseason, and even come back next year with a very solid squad

Marbury
Rose
Ariza
Sweetney
Araujo
bench: Crawford, JYD, Malik Rose, Penny
Then you have 3 #1s and Houston's #2 to fill out your bench this year and you get a good long look at Araujo and Sweetney up front.

decent halfcourt team
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/9/2005  3:51 PM
i would wait on this. i would like to exhaust every possible possibility for nazr before doing this. heck, we were talking about using nazr as a piece to get swift or kwame. now, it's for araujo and a player they're desperate to get rid of.

i think we could get rose AND araujo for tim straight up, that's how desperate they are to get rid of rose.

sweetney, araujo gives us a pretty unathletic froncourt.

sorry fish, but i don't like it. i'd rather hold on to tim and see if he can give us anything next year off the bench and let his $30 mil come off (w/luxury tax) and hope to get something better for nazr. heck, worst case scenario, we can trade nazr at the break next season for an expiring deal and a #1.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 02/09/2005 15:51:32]
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
2/9/2005  4:21 PM
Araujo = Bust, IMO (sorry Briggs). Admittedly meager frame of reference, but what I've seen of this guy has me underwhelmed. Looks like they're giving him minutes for the sake of showcasing him, and it's backfiring because he's so far in over his head. Yeah, we want to compare him to Brad Miller. But more big, strong, unathletic stiffs turn into Tom Bolwinkle. If you discount Araujo, no reason to do this deal. Rose is a little better than TT, admittedly, but his contract is worse and longer and he's not enough better to make us any good.
fishmike
USA
2/9/2005  4:44 PM
fair enough... havent seen much of Raf myself
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
2/9/2005  5:14 PM
Posted by bernard:

Araujo = Bust, IMO (sorry Briggs). Admittedly meager frame of reference, but what I've seen of this guy has me underwhelmed. Looks like they're giving him minutes for the sake of showcasing him, and it's backfiring because he's so far in over his head. Yeah, we want to compare him to Brad Miller. But more big, strong, unathletic stiffs turn into Tom Bolwinkle. If you discount Araujo, no reason to do this deal. Rose is a little better than TT, admittedly, but his contract is worse and longer and he's not enough better to make us any good.

Araujo flew up the draft boards just a few days before the draft, I was actually pretty surprised he went as high as he did. I remember seeing him a few times while he was at BYU and he seemed like he had some NBA potential but Mid to High First round pick? No way. Not a bad idea on trying to steal him away though, I think the guy does have some game in him and he COULD, *COULD* turn into a Brad Miller.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
2/9/2005  5:25 PM
I wouldn't make that trade with Toronto unless they threw in a first round pick or two (or possibly a first rounder and a second rounder).

They're not winning a championship with Jalen Rose and he's not in their longterm plans. This trade saves them money and gives them Nazr, who is a valuable piece for any team. We need to get something in return for doing Toronto this favor. Araujo was picked way too early, but that's the Raptors mistake, not ours to pay for. If we trade for him, we take him at true value, not Raptor mistake value.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/9/2005  5:27 PM
not crazy about A-RA-OO-JO myself...i'd rather use Nazr to get us a legitimate bigman somehow, maybe as part of a larger package.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
fishmike
USA
2/9/2005  5:59 PM
good feedback... not even sure I would do it. you guys know I have been dead set against guys like Rose or anyone else that doesnt have #1 picks attached to them.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/9/2005  6:17 PM
I agree with most people here; I think we can get something better than Araujo for Nazy's and TT's expiring contracts next offseason and I'd rather just wait until then.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/9/2005  7:12 PM
i would wait before declaring him a bust. some big men take time because of the variation in speed from CBB to the NBA. I never said this guy was going to be an NBA all star, I said he would be picked 8th ny the Raptors who needed a bulky C who has skills,a poor mans Brad miller type. Let him develop over 2-3 years. Im not interested in any player on the raptors except Bosh who is untradeable, so I see nothing there.

Id like to see us pick up jamal Sampson and give him a good look and get rid of either KT for even an ending contract a second round pick and a young prospect.

Ill trade him to Min for Ebi, Johnson and a 2005 MIn 2
RIP Crushalot😞
How about this one w/ Toronto

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy