[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nazr, Nazr, Nazr......
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

2/9/2005  8:54 AM
Dude just sucks.....

I supported him from the start and thought we wouldn't be able to get a upgrade on him worthy to just trade him.

The Utah game......
Geez.....
2 key plays....

They were running Penny in the post and it was working great....
Marbs called a play to get Nazr the rock in the post. Nazr took two dribbles and switched hands and lost the ball out of bounds. ARGH!!!!

The next play coming down the court Sweetney was coming down the lane on a transition type of play and he saw the defense in position to take the charge. Sweetney gave Nazr a "sweet" pass to his left where Nazr was in a post up position. It touched Nazr's hands beautifully but he never actually caught it and he threwe the ball out of bounds.

Pathetic......Nazr sometimes can play great but reciently during this losing streak he has been playing like shyte.

And why does he complain to the refs so much? After a fould you can see him crying about a foul or that the guy that's busting his arse is doing something he thinks isn't right.....totally taking himself out of the flow. Play ball......everyone complains to the refs but he does it whether the whistle was blown or not and Nazr's man is flying up the court taking advantage. There is no excuse to stop playing.

What can the Knicks do to trade both Nazr and KT?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree

2/9/2005  9:05 AM
The Knicks have to continue to get Sundov and Baker more minutes. That's why trading KT and Nazr makes sense. The Knicks have the depth. Besides....it's not like the Knicks are moving mountains with KT and Nazr.

Baker has the moves but he just looks like his timing and confidence is off. He made a quick spin move on the base line in the Utah game that almost made me wet my boxers......he stepped on the line but it was a sick move. Baker needs more minutes. Nazr needs less minutes....

As far as Sundov? Has anyone noticed his mobility? He's not a stiff.....but he's not a center, or a small fwd, or a power fwd.....I don't know how to read him. He has shown he could shoot with range as well as off the dribble. He has some nice post moves that are very instinctive.....problem is he hasn't translated that into numbers on the floor yet. I think Sundov is a nice young player.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/9/2005  9:36 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

The Knicks have to continue to get Sundov and Baker more minutes.

baker, for all intentions purposes, should not even be in the league anymore. he makes absolutely no effort on the defensive end and he only goes for his on the offense. it's pretty sad really.

sundov, ok, you want to see what we got, fine, give him some minutes but the reason you trade kurt and nazr is not b/c of baker and sundov.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
2/9/2005  9:39 AM
I am glad to finally hear someone with good sense voice some positive opinion on this subject....I agree with you completely. Nazr and Kurt is just not a good combo. For the few minutes that I have seen Sundov play, he exibited some pretty good fundamentals that I didn't know that he had.. He has pretty good floor presence and I think that the few mistakes that he makes when he plays are all due to lack of playing time, same goes for Sweetney. Sundov is a true 7' unlike Kurt and Nazr, and we should give them as much time as possible. What is our record? and how good are we defensively? pretty bad. Do a complete revamp of that frontcourt and bring in a shooter like Zserbiak or a Michael Red to a real SF unlike TT.

Posted by EnySpree:

The Knicks have to continue to get Sundov and Baker more minutes. That's why trading KT and Nazr makes sense. The Knicks have the depth. Besides....it's not like the Knicks are moving mountains with KT and Nazr.

Baker has the moves but he just looks like his timing and confidence is off. He made a quick spin move on the base line in the Utah game that almost made me wet my boxers......he stepped on the line but it was a sick move. Baker needs more minutes. Nazr needs less minutes....

As far as Sundov? Has anyone noticed his mobility? He's not a stiff.....but he's not a center, or a small fwd, or a power fwd.....I don't know how to read him. He has shown he could shoot with range as well as off the dribble. He has some nice post moves that are very instinctive.....problem is he hasn't translated that into numbers on the floor yet. I think Sundov is a nice young player.
The true Knickabocker..........
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/9/2005  9:59 AM
I remember those 2 plays.

The first one was definitely Nazr's fault in that he dribbled it off his leg.

The 2nd one was not his fault. He was going for an offensive rebound. Sweetney was driving to an open lane and decided to pass up the shot and give a pass to Nazr that was off-target. He passed it like Donovan McNabb. (Let's go Giants!)

As a PG, you have to know where your players are most comfortable. 2 of Nazr's comfort moves are getting the ball 3 feet away back-to-the-basket in the blocks and rolling to the basket opposite the penetrating player. Do not give it to him on the baseline. You have to maximize his strengths.

Look at Magic Johnson. He had Kurt Rambis, AC Green, Mychal Thompson and a slew of limited but hustle type guys. He made them look good.

Look at Zeke. He had Rodman, Salley, Laimbeer. 2 limited hustle type guys and 1 limited but smart player.

You ask your big man to rebound and defend. Nazr rebounds and he tries on defense. Hey 1 out of 2 ain't bad . He has been getting better on help defense though. I remember him blocking shots when our perimeter D breaks down.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/9/2005  10:05 AM
Nazr's problem is he isnt fitting in with the scheme. Lenny's offense was more open and Nazr excells at filling the lane and getting more garbage points and tip ins. Herb's looks a little more structured with less motion and its clearly hurt Nazr's numbers
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/9/2005  10:26 AM
fishmike - You are right. I missed that one. Herb definitely is trying to make it more Riley/JVG-ish in his scheme. I do love the defensive rotation. Marbury was playing better D the last 3 games. I think he had 2 steals in the last game.

With a more structured ball-to-the-post Nazr is definitely not capable right now. He needs to decide quickly on passes. He labors on his moves too much.

This is a good reason why Sweetney is putting up good numbers right now.
EnySpree

2/9/2005  10:47 AM
Posted by NYKBocker:

fishmike - You are right. I missed that one. Herb definitely is trying to make it more Riley/JVG-ish in his scheme. I do love the defensive rotation. Marbury was playing better D the last 3 games. I think he had 2 steals in the last game.

With a more structured ball-to-the-post Nazr is definitely not capable right now. He needs to decide quickly on passes. He labors on his moves too much.

This is a good reason why Sweetney is putting up good numbers right now.

Yeah that is a nice point....I like Herb's offense better because guys are starting to understand what their job is. I think Marbs has been playing so well lately because the offense is more half court where he excells at.

Nazr clearly is not that type of player. In this type of offense you have to be smarter and have to display control and skill. Nazr is definately out of control with the skills he displays.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
2/9/2005  10:48 AM
I just love when guys who havent watched a game in months come out and say that Baker and Sundov should get more time.

Are you kiddin me?

Neither one belongs in the NBA. Sundov is so bad, its hard to beleave. Not only does he not do anything, he makes a bad play every time he catches the freakin ball. Same goes for Baker. They can't do ANYTHING!

For all of you who proclain Sundov can shoot, are you aware he has made liek 2 jumpers in his entire career as a Knick? Are you aware that he can't play D, rebound, pass, set a pick, or anything else?

Are you aware that Baker can't even make a layup these days? Do you notice he turns the ball over half the time? Do you realize there is a reson he has not played, and that there is a reason Sundov is gettin playin time? Its because Baker is so bad, that the horrendous Sundov is actually doing better in practice.

Sure, why don't you start them, that'll make sure we get the 1st lottery pick for sure.

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/9/2005  10:50 AM
Posted by simrud:

I just love when guys who havent watched a game in months come out and say that Baker and Sundov should get more time.

Are you kiddin me?

Neither one belongs in the NBA. Sundov is so bad, its hard to beleave. Not only does he not do anything, he makes a bad play every time he catches the freakin ball. Same goes for Baker. They can't do ANYTHING!

For all of you who proclain Sundov can shoot, are you aware he has made liek 2 jumpers in his entire career as a Knick? Are you aware that he can't play D, rebound, pass, set a pick, or anything else?

Are you aware that Baker can't even make a layup these days? Do you notice he turns the ball over half the time? Do you realize there is a reson he has not played, and that there is a reason Sundov is gettin playin time? Its because Baker is so bad, that the horrendous Sundov is actually doing better in practice.

Sure, why don't you start them, that'll make sure we get the 1st lottery pick for sure.

Yeah I agree these guys suck. But I'm curious - how do you know that their supporters on this board "haven't watched a game in months?"
EnySpree

2/9/2005  11:06 AM

I wanna trade KT because the dude obviously can play but his game is not suited for these Knicks....well at least the way Lenny was playing him.

Fishmike really brought up a nice point about Herbs coaching.....There isn't as many plays called for KT out on the perimeter and KT has been sent inside to crash the boards. KT has been averaging 13 rebs in the last 5 games with 17 and 21 reb efforts.
Much more effective. KT is back to drawing offensive fouls again also.
Herb has made KT more effetive.....

Nazr hasn't figured it out yet. He took a while at the begining of the season too with Lenny's system. Maybe he will get it after the all-star game.

It's just frustrating. The talent is here but these players are not the type that will carry your team anywhere......stick Nazr and KT on someones bench and you got fire. That's the Knicks problem all together. Knicks need a bonified starter to play the 4-5 positions.
EnySpree

2/9/2005  11:15 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by simrud:

Are you kiddin me?

Yeah I agree these guys suck. But I'm curious - how do you know that their supporters on this board "haven't watched a game in months?"

I'm telling you. Just trying to start trouble.

I tell you man as soon as you say something off the wall guys always gotta come with a crazy insult. It's stupid cuz I'm always using game situations in my posts, not that it matters.

I just wanna see Sundov and Baker play.....they both have shown skill.

As far as trading KT and NAZR.....the Knicks have to make the decision whether they are gonna just rebuild or they are gonna still try to add pieces.

Either way.....if Sundov or Baker can show they can play then it would be like picking a player off waivers. Knicks need all the help they can get.

diderotn
Member: #650
USA
2/9/2005  11:35 AM
You and Fish said it best....Herb is definitely using a different style of play, and the result can be seen in Kurt shot reduction. the other night he collected at least 14 boards, and that should have been his only role with this team from the get go. Lenny and others forced this dude to believe that his game is nice, but it isn't. He is a freaking role player and until he is forced to believe that, he will never concentrate the little bit that he can offer to the betterment of the team. He should be playing D and crashing the board. That is why our D has been so bad, because Kurt was taking too many bad shots and when he misses, the other beats us on the fast break. Again, with the many jump shooters that we have on this team, we don't need a PF that can't pass/postup/command double team/and most of all keep opposing PF from scoring....

As for those who claim that Sundov can't play, when was the last time this dude was played 10 or more minutes consistantly????? We can't just claim that a player can't play until he is given ample amount of minutes to make mistakes and make corrections. Vinny has a pretty good game, but how can he show what he can do when he doesn't know when he will be on the court????? Comeon, for once, can you all please be realistic...

Posted by EnySpree:

I wanna trade KT because the dude obviously can play but his game is not suited for these Knicks....well at least the way Lenny was playing him.

Fishmike really brought up a nice point about Herbs coaching.....There isn't as many plays called for KT out on the perimeter and KT has been sent inside to crash the boards. KT has been averaging 13 rebs in the last 5 games with 17 and 21 reb efforts.
Much more effective. KT is back to drawing offensive fouls again also.
Herb has made KT more effetive.....

Nazr hasn't figured it out yet. He took a while at the begining of the season too with Lenny's system. Maybe he will get it after the all-star game.

It's just frustrating. The talent is here but these players are not the type that will carry your team anywhere......stick Nazr and KT on someones bench and you got fire. That's the Knicks problem all together. Knicks need a bonified starter to play the 4-5 positions.
The true Knickabocker..........
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/10/2005  12:03 AM
Posted by diderotn:

You and Fish said it best....Herb is definitely using a different style of play, and the result can be seen in Kurt shot reduction. the other night he collected at least 14 boards, and that should have been his only role with this team from the get go. Lenny and others forced this dude to believe that his game is nice, but it isn't. He is a freaking role player and until he is forced to believe that, he will never concentrate the little bit that he can offer to the betterment of the team. He should be playing D and crashing the board. That is why our D has been so bad, because Kurt was taking too many bad shots and when he misses, the other beats us on the fast break. Again, with the many jump shooters that we have on this team, we don't need a PF that can't pass/postup/command double team/and most of all keep opposing PF from scoring....

As for those who claim that Sundov can't play, when was the last time this dude was played 10 or more minutes consistantly????? We can't just claim that a player can't play until he is given ample amount of minutes to make mistakes and make corrections. Vinny has a pretty good game, but how can he show what he can do when he doesn't know when he will be on the court????? Comeon, for once, can you all please be realistic...

No they can't be realistic, because they are too stuck in their grumpy-old-men routine. They know whats going on in practice and they know what players (who barely play) are capable of doing.

Then they'll say because they barely play that mean x,y, & z. It means something, but we are not so stacked on big man talent that we can discount anyone on our squad over 6-10.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/10/2005  12:27 AM
Narz for Dalembert
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EnySpree

2/10/2005  8:47 AM
The Knicks are stuck either way....they are close to being a good team with a few trades before the deadline but the cap will be further screwed down the line........or they cantrade to get picks or more young guys.....

Something has to be done....
If nothing happens either way then Will I stil be wrong to say guys like Sundov and Baker need more PT?

This losing sucks....The Knicks have been in the lead for almost all these games then give it up in the fourth.....it's sickening.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/10/2005  12:28 PM
Posted by newyorknewyork:

Narz for Dalembert

As much as I would love for that to happen, I hear that Dalembert is now untouchable in Philly, which kinda sucks, but who knows. I really want him on this team.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nazr, Nazr, Nazr......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy