[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

for the love of god, stay away from webber
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/9/2005  3:05 AM
i don't care how many 25/10/5 nights he gets, my man's feet don't leave the ground. he's a heck of a passer but damn if his offense isn't a souped up version's of kurt. he can barely guard his man away from the basket and is pretty much a positional rebounder. he has a better post game but if i'm giving you $20 mil, you're initials better be LBJ. he runs up and down the court like a robot. it's tough to watch.

sacramento has to be desperate to get rid of him and i just hope isiah doesn't bite. a move for him could set us back another 3-4 years.
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
2/9/2005  3:22 AM
I have mixed feelings. Everything you said about him is true, he is KT on steroids!!! But he could play center out here in the east, and he is clearly an upgrade over every big man we have. We would be a much better team with him theres no question about that. CWebb, Craw, and Steph, thats 60 something points a night!!

That post game would mean alot too, AND he passes very well and we have three slashers Marbs, Craw and Ariza. I honestly think we could make a run at the championship with him. Next year if Craw has his mind right we could make a run for 2 years straight, but then its a rap. He'd be an expiring contract in that 3rd season though. Imagine how good Ariza and Sweets will be in 2 years. We would be deep and ready for a run again with Webber making a billion to come off the bench in his last year. Its a quick fix/gamble but in the east, it could work. It really could.

But who wants to have 3 (Steph, H20, CWebb,) of the highest paid players on your team, 2 of whom may not make it through a full NBA season ever again?

I would have to say no we'd have to give up our youngsters and maybe Craw AND we'd have to give up picks for him killing any youngsters we might be able to draft. I'd have to say no, we give up too much for a player who is a health risk. Now, if its Brand, give up all of the same stuff and I'm cool with it. Hes in his prime still.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/9/2005  6:47 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

i don't care how many 25/10/5 nights he gets, my man's feet don't leave the ground. he's a heck of a passer but damn if his offense isn't a souped up version's of kurt. he can barely guard his man away from the basket and is pretty much a positional rebounder. he has a better post game but if i'm giving you $20 mil, you're initials better be LBJ. he runs up and down the court like a robot. it's tough to watch.

sacramento has to be desperate to get rid of him and i just hope isiah doesn't bite. a move for him could set us back another 3-4 years.
Agreed, while it seems it could originally help us, it's still a move in the wrong direction.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/9/2005  7:08 AM
amen to that.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
2/9/2005  7:15 AM
How long is his contract??? Personally, I think that Cwebb would do extremely well in N.Y. Yes he doesn't move a fluidly as he used to anymore, but ask yourself this question, how many CWebb will there be out there either in the draft or FA? The only reason I wouldn't want to have Webb is because of Houston. If somehow we can buy him out, we will be just fine....Just imagine this scenario, do you know how beautiful Webb would look in the triangle ofense?????? Excellent court vision, basketball savvy, great passer, shoot the jumper extremely well, leader, and most of all, has great respect for the GM...That doesn't come around too often...He is a rare talent and the whole league knew that from the time he was drafted....Dude's work ethic is one of the best in the league....We can draft a big man and let Webb groom him....
The true Knickabocker..........
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/9/2005  7:25 AM
Add me to the list of stay off of CWebb.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
2/9/2005  7:27 AM
Webber would certainly give us the most expensive and talented IL in the league.
Marv
2/9/2005  7:31 AM
Posted by nykdunk:

Webber would certainly give us the most expensive and talented IL in the league.

LOL
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
2/9/2005  7:46 AM
Say what you want about Webb, but he doesn't miss as many games as our big money Houston....He may miss one game every two weeks to rest his sore knee, but how many has Houston, TT, Crawf have missed so far?????
The true Knickabocker..........
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
2/9/2005  10:00 AM
first of all, Webber's ALOT more than a suped up version of KT...he's the best passing bigman in the game, & he plays in the post, something KT doesn't know the meaning of...i agree w/the misgivings about dolling out so much money for a guy w/leg issues though, but i do think he would improve this team by leaps & bounds if we had him...it's all up to whether or not you want to give up & rebuild now or try & build a contender while Marbury is here.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/9/2005  10:07 AM
I'd give up anyone other than Marbury and probably Ariza to get Webber. He can probably help the team for the next three years. If he has injury problems, you still have Marbury, Ariza, our pick this year, and many expiring contracts to use in trades. I'd be worried about him being injured, but not because of his salary. I don't pay his salary. I don't want any important player to get injured, but if an important player does get injured, it's no worse to me if they're making minimum wage or a max contract since I don't pay their salaries and since the Knicks are not trying to get under the cap.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/9/2005  10:35 AM
It does not bother you that Allan makes what he does, and can't contribute any productions.

I love allan, and if he was playing as he was, we'd be doing better! Much better!

The consumer always pays the salaries, one way or the other!

CWeb is putting up great numbers! All star numbers, but the fact remains he will be tailing off the next few years, and does not have strong wheels. No doubt his talent would help us now, but it woun't be enough!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/9/2005  10:52 AM
Webber would be a nice last piece. If we actually had a solid young core in place I would say yes. Something like what Memphis has w/ JWill, Miller, Battier, Gasol, Swift, etc
If the Knicks had a solid group of 25ish year olds and were winning games then great. The Garden can afford to add a guy like Webb, have a huge payroll and have a legit shot to go to the finals for the next 3-4 years.

We arent that team... not even close. Webber would be a savior with a gimpy knee. Sound familiar?

No thanks... this is exactly the wrong time to add a guy like Webber
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
2/9/2005  10:54 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Webber would be a nice last piece. If we actually had a solid young core in place I would say yes. Something like what Memphis has w/ JWill, Miller, Battier, Gasol, Swift, etc
If the Knicks had a solid group of 25ish year olds and were winning games then great. The Garden can afford to add a guy like Webb, have a huge payroll and have a legit shot to go to the finals for the next 3-4 years.

We arent that team... not even close. Webber would be a savior with a gimpy knee. Sound familiar?

No thanks... this is exactly the wrong time to add a guy like Webber

Well said, FishDude
TMS
USA
2/9/2005  10:55 AM
let's say you add CWebb, a shotblocking C via trade or MLE, & another perimeter defender in the offseason via the draft pick...what about then? would the Knicks be a viable contender in the East? i think they definitely would...i don't think those things are out of the question even in our present situation.

of course, if it doesn't work, then you are right back where you started again w/bad contracts on the books for years on end w/no relief in sight...the question is which direction will Cablevision opt for? my money says they'll do whatever nets them the bigger crowd #'s at MSG when all is said & done until they prove that they're in on this rebuilding plan for the long haul.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
2/9/2005  11:10 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I'd give up anyone other than Marbury and probably Ariza to get Webber. He can probably help the team for the next three years. If he has injury problems, you still have Marbury, Ariza, our pick this year, and many expiring contracts to use in trades. I'd be worried about him being injured, but not because of his salary. I don't pay his salary. I don't want any important player to get injured, but if an important player does get injured, it's no worse to me if they're making minimum wage or a max contract since I don't pay their salaries and since the Knicks are not trying to get under the cap.

Webber is still a superstar talent, but this is the exact plan that has gotton us into this hole in the first place, well, pre Marbury. We are still in a hole, but climbing out, hopefully. Anyway, if you trade for Webber, and it doesn't work out (Like McDyess, as Fish said), and you start using Ariza and picks and the expiring contracts for trades, you are only putting yourself in position to hurt yourself even more. For once, maybe just once, I want to see the Knicks let some expiring contracts run off the books, as opposed to trading them for other peoples castoffs. Is it really gonna hurt if we continue to let Marbury grow as a leader (If he doesn't, then trade HIM of all people) and let Ariza and Sweetney develop and keep drafting, and let the TTs and Pennys and Moochies of the world to just say BYE BYE?

With the team we have right now, Webber makes us a CONTENDER to compete with the Heat, but we don't win the ECF, b/c his defense still isn't that great. We need to work on the overall defense on both the perimeter and shotblocking. Once we solve that completely, then and only then, can we think about the Webbers of the world.

Of course, by then, Webber will declare retirement for medical issues, and we'll be calling for a Shaq, who will be barely able to move.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bonn1997
USA
2/9/2005  11:16 AM
Posted by Nalod:

It does not bother you that Allan makes what he does, and can't contribute any productions.

I love allan, and if he was playing as he was, we'd be doing better! Much better!

CWeb is putting up great numbers! All star numbers, but the fact remains he will be tailing off the next few years, and does not have strong wheels. No doubt his talent would help us now, but it woun't be enough!
Maybe you as the consumer pay the salary. I don't. I haven't gone to a Knick game in years. The only Knick products I've bought are ones that I'd pay the same price for whether the Knicks were under the cap or way over it (like jerseys).
Bonn1997
USA
2/9/2005  11:19 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Webber is still a superstar talent, but this is the exact plan that has gotton us into this hole in the first place, well, pre Marbury. We are still in a hole, but climbing out, hopefully. Anyway, if you trade for Webber, and it doesn't work out (Like McDyess, as Fish said), and you start using Ariza and picks and the expiring contracts for trades, you are only putting yourself in position to hurt yourself even more. For once, maybe just once, I want to see the Knicks let some expiring contracts run off the books, as opposed to trading them for other peoples castoffs. Is it really gonna hurt if we continue to let Marbury grow as a leader (If he doesn't, then trade HIM of all people) and let Ariza and Sweetney develop and keep drafting, and let the TTs and Pennys and Moochies of the world to just say BYE BYE?

With the team we have right now, Webber makes us a CONTENDER to compete with the Heat, but we don't win the ECF, b/c his defense still isn't that great. We need to work on the overall defense on both the perimeter and shotblocking. Once we solve that completely, then and only then, can we think about the Webbers of the world.

Of course, by then, Webber will declare retirement for medical issues, and we'll be calling for a Shaq, who will be barely able to move.
I wasn't talking about giving up Ariza for Webber. I'd give up at most one decent young player (either a draft pick if it's not top 5 or 6 or Sweetney) but nothing more for him. And that's only if the Knicks add some other pieces first.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/9/2005  11:35 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Nalod:

Maybe you as the consumer pay the salary. I don't. I haven't gone to a Knick game in years. The only Knick products I've bought are ones that I'd pay the same price for whether the Knicks were under the cap or way over it (like jerseys).

Thats just the kind of snit vomit respose I'd expect. Take two "phuch-it-alls" and not care. Jsut just snit sniper your comments and let everyone else pay.

By the way, if you watch it on the television, your paying a price. If your buying little pajama jerseys to prance around to show your support, your paying a price. If your posting here cuz you like the team, time is money, and your paying a price.

Besides the obvious salary gap where you have to trade salary for salary (inside of 15%), you would actually give up a lottory pick, and sweets for CWebb? Ok, your intitled to your opinion. JUst checking.

My opinion, that would be a very Dolan inspired-Layden-esq thing to do. Which is procrastinate any chance of rebuilding for a short run.

Since such a trade is not really in the realm of reality, then its really pointless. Just ole bonnie puttin up a stink for the sport of it! Snit Vomit-it stinks and it has no value!
TMS
USA
2/9/2005  11:58 AM
in the offseason, what if we do this:

- Trade TT (or Penny), KT & Sweetney for CWebb (if SAC refuses, then forget the rest)
- Trade Nazr, cash & 2nd round pick for Stromile Swift via sign & trade
- draft Hakim Warrick or Chris Taft w/the likely lottery pick
- use portion of the MLE to sign Ariza to an extension & use the rest to sign Steven Hunter
- use LLE to sign a good defensive backup PG who can shoot the J (Lindsey Hunter?)
- sign Brewer to veteran's minimum & waive Moochie Norris

C - Swift / Hunter
PF - CWebb / Taft or Warrick / JYD
SF - Ariza / TT or Penny
SG - Crawford / Houston
PG - Marbury / Hunter / Brewer

that team still has plenty of young talent on it that you can use as trade chips for a bigger deal later, & you are MUCH improved athletically & defensively.

i'm just suggesting this to point out that it wouldn't be the disaster that some of you are making it out to be if the Knicks did make a trade for CWebb (assuming that package i outlined above would be enough for SAC to agree to of course)
for the love of god, stay away from webber

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy