The enigma that is Stromile Swift
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/9/2005  9:58 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I do think the MLE isnt the way to go. Using Nazr in a sign and trade will let you offer Stro the same kind of contract Crawford has. Something that starts around $5-6mm and ends around $9-$10mm. 7 years $50mm... something like that.

get the agent involved. If you include the $3mm then rather than lose him for nothing they get Nazr for a year at less than $3mm.. which is a good option for them. Mem has major $$ issues with Miller, Gasol, Battier all having their extensions kicking in

I've got to think he might get an even bigger offer than $50m
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/9/2005  10:11 AM
I meant to say I dont think the MLE is the way to go, rather a S&T

Thats a lot of cash for a guy thats come off the bench and never been a consistant starter. Its similar to what Okur got and thats not looking like a great deal for Utah right now.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/9/2005  11:13 AM
How are you saving money if you do a sign and trade with Nazy versus using the MLE? The difference is you save $5 mil (the final year of Nazy's salary), which is not very significant in NY terms.
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/9/2005  11:25 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

How are you saving money if you do a sign and trade with Nazy versus using the MLE? The difference is you save $5 mil (the final year of Nazy's salary), which is not very significant in NY terms.

Saving money isn't an issue, but you are saving the MLE to use on another player. And right now, this team needs players.

I agree that Stro for Nazr and maybe a second round pick is a good offer. If it gets turned down, I don't know if we could snag him for the MLE.

I do think Antoine Walker will be available for the MLE.
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
2/9/2005  12:41 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Saving money isn't an issue, but you are saving the MLE to use on another player.
And if you use the MLE on Stro, you're saving Nazy and his expiring contract to use to get another player. It's not a huge difference
The enigma that is Stromile Swift

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy